UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Will Anderson duck weidman?

7/14/12 11:30 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
ABE FROMAN
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 07/14/12 11:30 AM
SRTGEO - 
ABE FROMAN - You know what? I tried to be nice about Chael's loss but there are people like the above that still spend their time talking about Anderson getting beat for 4 rounds 2 YEARS AGO.

Chael got fucking crushed. Crushed. First fight choked, second fight CRUSHED. You can talk about the first round where Silva did a Hendo and defended a hardy session of lay-and-pray, but after that Sonnen couldn't buy a takedown. After that he got CRUSHED. Beat down and TKO'd.

All these threads trying to paint Silva as some sort of coward to other people he CRUSHED are borderline retarded. He's not scared of ANY of the guys he either knocked out or choked out. No, he's not afraid of a Henderson rematch, know why? Because he already choked him until he couldn't breath. No, he wasn't afraid of Belfort. Know why? Because he he kicked his head into the front row.

I'm not going to be nice about this shit as long as huggers spend their time celebrating the highlights of a LOSS.

I'm going to tell you the reality. Chael got crushed, Vitor got crushed and Dan got crushed. It's that simple. You can talk your way around it but that's the bottom line.

Silva has never not accepted a fight and Weidman won't be the first. He will simply be another casualty.

A racist trying to be nice? Gtfo. Phone Post
True. You haven't been anything but a stalker, Grand Cyclops. LOL @ your reverse psychology you fucking Klan member. 

7/14/12 11:30 AM
goku
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Winston Wolf -
UGCTT_LnPninja - 
SRTGEO - 
ANT_P1989 - Anderson fights anyone put in front of him. Period. Phone Post
Bullshit Phone Post

Enlighten us as to whom Anderson refused to fight for his belt at 185 please.

ill wait for his reply
Read my posts dummy. Just because u end up figgthing someone doesn't mean u didnt try to avoid it. Phone Post
7/14/12 11:31 AM
40oztofreedom
113 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I honestly don't see Weidman as a big threat to Anderson. Sure he's good and made Munoz look bad but I think Anderson would make Weidman look bad. Weidman would get some takedowns and GnP and sub attempt. But in that 5 rounds, Anderson would catch Weidman with something and finish him tko Phone Post
7/14/12 11:32 AM
goku

UGCTT_LnPninja -
goku - 
UGCTT_LnPninja -  Goku: Why are you posting here, and still with your SN??? Are you ducking Orcus and trying to welch on your bet?

http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/mma.cfm?go=forum.posts&thread=2025732&page=1 
U dummies I sent message to kirik the day orcus gave me the name.ask kirik if u don't believe me u little kids. Why do u care so much anyways. Grow up. Itwill be 90 days from the date the name goes into effect. Phone Post

U mad?
Uh no apparently u r the one who is mad over a screen name on someone else's bet. Lol@u. Do u think I care about my SN? I will keep it indefinitely not just the 90 days. Adults don't care about these things son. Phone Post
Winston Wolf

goku - 
Winston Wolf -
UGCTT_LnPninja - 
SRTGEO - 
Bullshit Phone Post

ill wait for his reply
Read my posts dummy. Just because u end up figgthing someone doesn't mean u didnt try to avoid it. Phone Post

ya he avoided those fights all the way to the bank and knocked Vitor the fuck out Same with Chael.Hes avoiding fights ? says fucking who ? you ? Please Silva fought and beat a who is who in MMA .Ya he ducked the fights yet he has fought the ebst competition in UFC .Your a fucking moron
40oztofreedom
113 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I think Sonnen would be a bad future matchup for Weidman Phone Post
7/14/12 11:33 AM
UGCTT_LnPninja

goku - 
Winston Wolf -
UGCTT_LnPninja - 
SRTGEO - 
Bullshit Phone Post

ill wait for his reply

So you are privy to private conversations that Andy/Ed had with the UFC, or you're confusing what they say about fighters "Deserve"ing of a title shot vs actually accepting a fight?

Just trying to figure out how the brain of the Goku works....
7/14/12 11:34 AM
goku

Winston Wolf -
goku - 
Winston Wolf -
UGCTT_LnPninja - 
SRTGEO - 
Bullshit Phone Post

ill wait for his reply

ya he avoided those fights all the way to the bank and knocked Vitor the fuck out Same with Chael.Hes avoiding fights ? says fucking who ? you ? Please Silva fought and beat a who is who in MMA .Ya he ducked the fights yet he has fought the ebst competition in UFC .Your a fucking moron
Says Dana white and other figghters. Don't get so angry. Anderson doesn't care about u. Its OK. Phone Post
7/14/12 11:37 AM
goku

R u guys fucking stupid. Soares himself says Anderson didn't want to fight chael. Dana said it as well. They also said it about victory before they fought. The excuse for chael was that he was disspectfuk. The excuse for vitor was that he wasn't deserving. On a recent interview saores already said that he wasnt sure about weidman because weidman is not a big name and Anderson wants big figghrs. R u guys really this blind? Phone Post
7/14/12 11:37 AM
Winston Wolf

goku - 
Winston Wolf -
goku - 
Winston Wolf -
UGCTT_LnPninja - 
SRTGEO - 
Bullshit Phone Post

ill wait for his reply

Says Dana white and other figghters. Don't get so angry. Anderson doesn't care about u. Its OK. Phone Post

bull fucking shit.Show me some of these quotes by Dana and other fighters.Ill wait right here
7/14/12 11:39 AM
SRTGEO

UGCTT_LnPninja -
UGCTT_LnPninja - 
SRTGEO - 
UGCTT_LnPninja -
SRTGEO - 
Bullshit Phone Post

Enlighten YOU, Mr eThug and your eGang. You're good at playing eIgnorant. Phone Post

So you have no answer then?

Still waiting? Thought so. Keep it up. Phone Post
7/14/12 11:40 AM
UGCTT_LnPninja

Edited: 07/14/12 11:41 AM
goku -  R u guys fucking stupid. Soares himself says Anderson didn't want to fight chael. Dana said it as well. They also said it about victory before they fought. The excuse for chael was that he was disspectfuk. The excuse for vitor was that he wasn't deserving. On a recent interview saores already said that he wasnt sure about weidman because weidman is not a big name and Anderson wants big figghrs. R u guys really this blind? Phone Post

Okay so either you are trolling, or you ARE that dense that you think speaking to who you WANT to fight (or who you think is deserving) = ducking. I'm going with you being that dense. 

Andy/Ed has fought those people despite their OPINIONS. Just like they will fight Weidman if that is who Zuffa tells them to.
7/14/12 11:40 AM
goku

Winston Wolf - 
goku - 
Winston Wolf -
goku - 
Winston Wolf -
UGCTT_LnPninja - 
SRTGEO - 
Bullshit Phone Post

ill wait for his reply

bull fucking shit.Show me some of these quotes by Dana and other fighters.Ill wait right here

Anderson Silva really, really, really didn’t want to fight Chael

“When we did the press conference down in Brazil, Silva hadn’t even agreed to fight him,” White said. “That fight wasn’t happening. I had them bring Anderson to the place where the press conference was, and we sat in a room for three hours fighting about the fight.”

“(Silva wants to fight) anybody but Chael,” White said. “He thinks Chael is disrespectful and doesn’t deserve a shot at this title at all. So leading up to the press conference, it was delayed an hour because I was fighting with him in my room.”

On a conference call this past week with media members, Sonnen and White, Silva showed a level of anger toward his opponent he hadn’t displayed before. And his comments have been the story of the fight in the last two weeks leading up to the bout. But White said it even took some battling to get Silva to be on the call – further proof the champion still may be turning up his nose over having to fight Sonnen again.

“He’s pissed at us about that. He’s genuinely mad,” White said. “And that’s part of the reason he flipped out on the call, because he wasn’t even going to get on the call. [UFC vice president of communications] Caren Bell found out in Brazil that he wasn’t going to be on the call, and then I made the call and said, ‘You better be on the call.’ And it led right up until (the call started).”

7/14/12 11:41 AM
goku

Does Anderson Silva Want to Fight Anybody?

Anderson Silva is a tough nut to crack. We know he doesn’t want to fight friends, and we know he doesn’t want to fight guys he’s already beaten, and we know he doesn’t want to fight guys who got middleweight title shots in the UFC without ever competing in the UFC at that weight class. New #1 contender Chael Sonnen doesn’t fit into any of those categories, so you’d think there wouldn’t be a problem. But as Silva’s manager Ed Soares has proven, you can find an excuse to duck pretty much anybody:
"We’ve spoken with Chael on many occasions and have the utmost respect for him. He’s never really come across in this manner, and it’s obvious he’s just drumming up hype in hopes to get a bout with Anderson…We are fine if this is what the UFC wants, but if you look at this logistically, Sonnen should fight Demian Maia first. Demian beat [him] easily, by submission, so why not make them fight first, to determine who gets a shot at the title?…

It’s funny, but really, who actually listens to what Chael Sonnen has to say? The only time people listen is when he talks about Anderson. Who is he, really? If you walk down the street and you mention his name, does anyone really know who this guy is? Likely not, but if you mention Anderson Silva, people know the name…Chael’s also said a few things about Anderson’s choice of clothes and that he wears earrings, didn’t he? Sounds to us like he may have a crush on Anderson."

Let’s make one thing crystal clear: Sonnen is a Republican, and the only man he has a crush on is America’s Greatest Patriot. Also, Soares and Silva’s opponent-pickiness act is getting very stale. Sure, Sonnen took a loss four fights ago — it’s not that fans have forgotten about it, it’s just that Sonnen is coming off back-to-back wins over top-5 middleweights (something that Anderson hasn’t done himself in two years), which should rightfully earn him a shot at the belt. Don’t forget that Sonnen just kicked the ass of the guy who kicked Maia’s ass, which builds his case even further. And what would happen if Maia beat Sonnen again in their hypothetical #1 contender fight? Would he get a title shot, or would he first have to win a rematch against Nate Marquardt before Ed Soares is completely satisfied? And what if Nate won that fight? Jesus, where are my pills.

Soares’s argument is a silly one that you could use to discredit virtually any title contender: Urijah Faber should have to beat Mike Brown before he gets to fight Jose Aldo, and Frank Edgar should have to beat Gray Maynard before he earns a shot at BJ Penn. Unfortunately, that line of thinking would rob fans of frequent title fights that they might actually want to see. Whatever happened to just fighting whoever they put in front of you?

7/14/12 11:42 AM
goku

Silva still recovering, uncommitted on Belfort

LOS ANGELES – Anderson Silva and manager Ed Soares say they are not ready to sign off on a fight with Vitor Belfort at UFC 108.

Nearly three weeks after UFC president Dana White told the Los Angeles Times his middleweight champion and revitalized former light heavyweight champion had agreed to face off in Las Vegas on Jan. 2, there are complications on Silva’s side.

First, Silva must be able to heal properly – and promptly – from an arthroscopic surgery he underwent last Monday to repair chronic damage to his elbow, Soares told MMAWeekly.com Monday evening at a fashion show for sponsor Silver Star (Silva doubled as a runway model).

That won’t be known until the 34-year-old Silva sees his Los Angeles doctor on Friday.

“They found some things that they weren’t aware of (during the surgery), which is a good thing,” said Soares. “If we’re going to be fighting for the title, we want to make sure Anderson’s 100-percent.”

Second, Silva and Soares believe Belfort doesn’t deserve a title shot. Soares expressed their misgivings in a conversation with White prior to Silva’s appearance Monday evening, though he failed to sway White.

“We’ll just agree to disagree,” said Soares.

Silva, who wore a small bandage on his right elbow backstage at the event, said he didn’t have anything to say about his proposed opponent.

Soares maintains a title eliminator between Nate Marquardt and Dan Henderson is the most logical idea for Silva’s next contender, given their recent victories and Henderson’s 2007 win over Belfort in PRIDE Fighting Championships. He first pitched the idea to White following UFC 102 in August, but White did not commit.

Instead, Belfort, who in September returned to the UFC fold after four years in other promotions, jumped to the front of the line after decimating former middleweight champion Rich Franklin at UFC 103 in Dallas. The bout was contested at a catchweight of 195 pounds, though Belfort needed three attempts to reach 196 pounds, the maximum overage allowed by Texas’ athletic commission.

Soares believes Belfort’s weight issues may persist should his fighter accept the fight.

“Vitor has not fought in the UFC at 185 pounds,” he said. “Now, I know people can say Anderson fought for the belt after one fight, and that’s true, but he fought at 185 pounds. At 195 pounds, he didn’t make weight, at first. So he couldn’t make weight at 195 pounds, but now he’s going to fight for the title at 185 pounds?”

Silva has twice moved beyond his championship division as a light heavyweight, and has expressed a desire to fight at heavyweight, though he appeared to cool on the idea backstage.

“Maybe,” he said in English. “It’s possible in the future.”

The immediate goal, said Soares, was setting the record for most consecutive title defenses in UFC history. Silva already holds the record for most consecutive wins.

Ultimately, Soares said Silva was loyal to the UFC and would love to fight on Jan. 2, whether against Belfort or not. He said their feelings weren’t negative, but a reflection of respect for White.

Silva, however, says it’s not up to him whether he fights on UFC 108.

“It’s doctor’s decision,” he added in English. “My elbow is hurt, but doctor Chad says come back to training, come back to fight.”

On Wednesday, the champion is scheduled to begin physical therapy after getting his surgery stitches removed. Soares says a decision on Silva’s fight-readiness will be made in 10 days.

Until then, it appears anything is possible.

7/14/12 11:44 AM
goku

Jon Jones Doesn’t Want To Fight Anderson Silva, Respects Him Too Much

UFC light heavyweight champion Jon Jones has plenty of respect for UFC middleweight champion Anderson Silva. That, at the root of it, appears to be the main reason “Bones” has no desire to face “The Spider” in what would be one of the biggest fights ever.

“It’s not that he won’t fight me, or I won’t fight him,” said Jones, while appearing on ESPN Radio recently. “To be dead honest, it’s that we both have a lot to lose and we both respect each other a lot and we both are striving for personal greatness. I respect Anderson Silva so much that I don’t want to be the guy to beat him. I don’t want to lose to him, either. It’s a lose-lose situation for me.”

Jones is currently scheduled to face Dan Henderson in the main event of UFC 151. He will be seeking his fourth successful title defense, having already defeated Quinton “Rampage” Jackson, Lyoto Machida and Rashad Evans.

7/14/12 11:44 AM
orcus

Goku, why are you still posting under your old name? You're just postponing when your 90-day clock starts.

The funny thing about the Anderson complaints is that in his case, "ducking" seems to be defined as "expressing disinterest in particular opponents". He never actually refuses to fight them, and in fact he always fights them.
7/14/12 11:45 AM
Winston Wolf

FRAT he fought and kicked the living shit out of Vitor and Chael.Reason he didnt sign right away is Chael was being a dick
Gullivers Travels
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Why would he? IMO, Sonnen has the edge on Chris in every area other than size. That could pose a threat, but Weidman is also slower. I see Anderson winning this fight rather handily.

goku

Anderson Silva and Dana White debate fighting friends

The issue of whather fighters should fight friends is a long running one, with UFC President Dana White on one side saying among other points that MMA is an individual not a team sport, and that the equivalent would be one professional team refusing to play another because they have friends on the opposing team.

On the other side of the debate are a number of fighters, including Black House member Anderson Siva, who in a recent interview with Brazilian media giant OGlobo says fighting is different.

UFC Middleweight champion Anderson Silva:

"(Laughter). It's funny he should say that, right? He never asked me that question. If I did, I would ask if he would like to split the UFC with Lorenzo, each having their own event, fighting audience, sponsors and everything involving their business. They are friends, partners ...

"What I think is that friends should not fight. Dana does not fight. He sells fights well, is a good promoter, but not a fighter. I have nothing against Dana, I love him, but he does not know what it is, and can not say that two friends have to face.

"We spend more time together than with our families. We divide the pains, frustrations, and because he wants to sell a fight, he thinks it will be okay and that the public will enjoy seeing two friends fighting? He wants to make a fight between two friends? This is impossible, only happens between people who are not real friends.

"In our team we have a philosophy that, even though both the same weight and same goal of being champions of the UFC, we know that will not happen. MMA is not a team sport. It is not natural for me to fight with a guy I live with every day. It is natural to him because he does not fight, never took a pinch."

Read entire interview... (original Portuguese)

UFC President Dana White

"This is not baseball or football. (Blackhouse is) not actually a team. They train together, spend time together, but they are not a team that plays together. I want Anderson to tell me if I'm wrong - he has the belt, fame, money, and that is why there are many guys who want to be Anderson Silva, including guys on his team and his friends. Many of his friends would love to have the belt and should try to fight him for it. If they have to fight, it does not mean cannot be friends. It's business, is what they do for a living."

"If the deal was that Lorenzo had the title and I would have to fight him, that is what would happen. It's not personal, it's just see who is the best. Imagine two famous Brazilian soccer teams like Flamengo and Corinthians. Imagine if they did not want to play against each other because they are friends, because they like each other. "We do not want to lose, we hurt their feelings." Oh, Anderson, c'mon ...

"Vitor used to train with (Anderson). Did you see what (Silva) did to his friend? I guarantee you that the guys that are his friends want to be like him. Your friends want your belt, and they won't pay your bills when you're done fighting."

7/14/12 11:46 AM
Winston Wolf

ya he ducked them and kicked the shit out of them .Vitor didnt even last 3 minutes.Ya Silvas so scared of them .I bet he was too scared to cash his fat check
7/14/12 11:46 AM
Johnny Fatz
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

^Its too bad that he beat the shit out of both of those guys because he DIDN'T DUCK either fight you fool.

He shows up, he wins, you all cry about it
7/14/12 11:47 AM
goku

i just anderson silvad this thread...guys..u need to relax...dont turn fighters into super heros...they are humans just like u and me with good parts and bad parts...anderson is the best fighter of all time...NO QUESTIONS...does that mean everything he does is perfect? no...hes not stupid...he would rather fight someone that he matches up well with rather than someone he doesnt..thats perfectly logical...mayweather has "ducked" opponents in the past and arguably mayweather is the best of all time...grow up kids...santa isnt real
7/14/12 11:48 AM
goku

orcus - Goku, why are you still posting under your old name? You're just postponing when your 90-day clock starts.

The funny thing about the Anderson complaints is that in his case, "ducking" seems to be defined as "expressing disinterest in particular opponents". He never actually refuses to fight them, and in fact he always fights them.

orcus go bug kirik..i sent him a message the day u chose the name..i dont care about my sn..i am not avoiding it
7/14/12 11:50 AM
UGCTT_LnPninja

goku - 
orcus - Goku, why are you still posting under your old name? You're just postponing when your 90-day clock starts.

orcus go bug kirik..i sent him a message the day u chose the name..i dont care about my sn..i am not avoiding it

You need to email:

snchange@mma.tv not Kirik. Dude has thousands of messages I am sure. They have an email set up exactly for this. FYI.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.