UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Will Anderson duck weidman?

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

7/18/12 3:23 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Orcus Knows MMA Better Than Goku
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

AND

Weidman: UFC wants me to fight Anderson Silva

ESPN staff
July 17, 2012 « Leeds reject Norwich approach for Snodgrass | Allardyce rules out Carroll and Berbatov signings »

Chris Weidman claims he is the "nightmare" opponent for Anderson Silva, and believes the only obstacle to him getting the next title shot is whether the champion accepts the fight.

Weidman improved his undefeated MMA record to 9-0 on Wednesday with a dominant win over Mark Munoz. The second-round stoppage was a real eye-opener, for the sheer simplicity that Weidman dealt with his rival.

Boasting a wrestling base, the ability to change levels, and a relentless submissions game, Weidman seemingly has the tools to attack Silva's perceived weakness: Ground defence. Now Weidman is waiting to see if Silva will duck a fight with him in the near future.

"I think I'm a stylistic nightmare for Anderson Silva," Weidman told The MMA Hour. "A lot of these guys, I see them go on record basically saying, 'I'd just love a shot at Anderson Silva to see how I'd do.'

"I'm not in here to just to able to share the cage with Anderson Silva. That's not my goal at all, I'd be far from content with that. I'm going in there to beat Anderson Silva. And to finish Anderson Silva.

"My manager has talked to [UFC matchmaker] Joe Silva and all of them. And supposedly they actually really want me to fight Anderson. The question is, will Anderson fight me?

"I think that's what it's coming down to. When is Anderson going to be ready to fight again? That whole thing. Anderson Silva's making so much money in Brazil right now, he's chilling.

Read more at http://www.espn.co.uk/ufc/sport/story/160813.html#xTQUZDq8yvKCrhLg.99

7/18/12 3:24 PM

WELL, WELL, WELL

-GOKUDAMUS
7/18/12 3:25 PM

AssassinsNATION -  Main Entry: avoid
Pronunciation: \?-?vo?id\
Function: transitive verb
Etymology: Middle English, from Anglo-French avoider, alteration of Old French esvuider, from es- (from Latin ex-) vuider to empty — more at void
Date: 14th century
1 : to make legally void : annul
2 obsolete : void, expel
3 a : to keep away from : shun b : to prevent the occurrence or effectiveness of c : to refrain from
4 archaic : to depart or withdraw from : leave
synonyms see escape
— avoid·able \-?vo?i-d?-b?l\ adjective
— avoid·ably \-bl?\ adverb
— avoid·er noun

Seems if he avoided fighters, he would never of fought them but seeings he has fought all that you say he ducked or avoided pretty much makes your argument void. Phone Post
yeah,...the first applicable definition - to keep away from..thats exactly what I am saying..it doesnt mean you never do the thing, it just means to you try not to..thats all...ENGLISH MOTHERFUCKERS, DO YOU SPEAK IT?

7/18/12 3:40 PM
orcus
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 07/18/12 3:40 PM
".when i say "avoid" or "duck" i am not saying "didnt fight"...i am saying he did not to fight them initially.."

And what I'm saying is, when exactly did he avoid those guys if their very next fight was versus him? What was the time period during which he "kept away from" them?

" it just means to you try not to."

Your definition of "try not to" is "express lack of enthusiasm while still signing the papers"?
7/18/12 5:45 PM
REDRUM_NYC

He is ducking Weidman already the Anderson camp wants Luke Rockhold and they will say its to unify belts but we know the deal
7/18/12 7:06 PM
ABE FROMAN

Orcus Knows MMA Better Than Goku - WELL, WELL, WELL

-GOKUDAMUS

"And supposedly they actually really want me to fight Anderson."

smh
7/18/12 7:33 PM
diggity

REDRUM_NYC - He is ducking Weidman already the Anderson camp wants Luke Rockhold and they will say its to unify belts but we know the deal
Yes of course, you know the deal. Anderson doesn't want to fight anyone because he's afraid... Until he smashes them... And then if he doesn't fight them again he's ducking them again... Because he's afraid... Until maybe he smashes them again.... Phone Post
7/18/12 10:51 PM
orcus
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Goku, this is pretty simple.

Name a fighter that Anderson "avoided", and then tell us exactly when Anderson avoided him, i.e., from when to when.
7/18/12 11:40 PM
diggity

orcus - Goku, this is pretty simple.

Name a fighter that Anderson "avoided", and then tell us exactly when Anderson avoided him, i.e., from when to when.
I think it's actually pointless, if people don't see the reality of this situation immediately then they probably never will. These guys are pro fighters, they make their living this way, pay their bills, feed their families. They have every right to want big fights that will earn them more money. And to say anderson ducks guys and then watch him win constantly... Well the argument just loses credibility. And to say anderson is scared... Is plain stupid. If these guys had fought or competed they would know that the dude is not afraid. He's supremely confident in his abilities as a martial artist and a fighter. This is boring now. Save your energy orcus. Phone Post
7/19/12 8:24 AM
AssassinsNATION
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Orcus Knows MMA Better Than Goku -
Etymology: Middle English, from Anglo-French avoider, alteration of Old French esvuider, from es- (from Latin ex-) vuider to empty — more at void
3 a : to keep away from : shun b : to prevent the occurrence or effectiveness of c : to refrain from
synonyms see escape
— avoid·er noun

Seems if he avoided fighters, he would never of fought them but seeings he has fought all that you say he ducked or avoided pretty much makes your argument void. Phone Post
yeah,...the first applicable definition - to keep away from..thats exactly what I am saying..it doesnt mean you never do the thing, it just means to you try not to..thats all...ENGLISH MOTHERFUCKERS, DO YOU SPEAK IT?

Yeah sure do, but your taking the word avoiding and using it like Anderson's scared. Which isn't the case every example you have of him avoiding cause he is scared is void if he still fights them and wins. Phone Post
7/19/12 10:19 AM
OftheWay

ANT_P1989 - Anderson fights anyone put in front of him. Period. Phone Post
^ Phone Post
7/19/12 10:23 AM
orcus

I'll repost this for this page to make sure "Orcus Knows MMA Better Than Goku" sees it:

orcus - Goku, this is pretty simple.

7/19/12 10:27 AM

AssassinsNATION - 
Orcus Knows MMA Better Than Goku -
synonyms see escape
— avoid·er noun

Yeah sure do, but your taking the word avoiding and using it like Anderson's scared. Which isn't the case every example you have of him avoiding cause he is scared is void if he still fights them and wins. Phone Post
i never said he was scared..i never said he didnt ULTIMATELY fight who the ufc wanted him to fight..i just said that he AVOIDED certain fighters as proven on this thread

7/19/12 10:29 AM

orcus - I'll repost this for this page to make sure "Orcus Knows MMA Better Than Goku" sees it:

dude, im not going to waste my time researching time frames..the whole point, for you red herring doucehbage..is that when the ufc wanted him to fight certain fighters - he BALKED AND DID NOT IMMEDIATELY ACCEPT...do you disagree with this? If not, there is no argument other than the little side arguments you are trying to win because you cant win the main point of this thread
7/19/12 11:00 AM
jjj2121

You see this in boxing all the time.  Guys don't take risky stylistic matchups against non-household names.  Give Weidman another fight or 2 and do it in a prominent spot, not on fucking FUELTV.

Floyd Mayweather or Manny Pacquiao aren't fighting Sergio Martinez.  Too risky and not enough potential ($$$$$$$$) reward.
7/19/12 11:13 AM
ABE FROMAN

Edited: 07/19/12 11:34 AM
Orcus Knows MMA Better Than Goku - 
orcus - I'll repost this for this page to make sure "Orcus Knows MMA Better Than Goku" sees it:

dude, im not going to waste my time researching time frames..the whole point, for you red herring doucehbage..is that when the ufc wanted him to fight certain fighters - he BALKED AND DID NOT IMMEDIATELY ACCEPT...do you disagree with this? If not, there is no argument other than the little side arguments you are trying to win because you cant win the main point of this thread
The thread is already 'won'. 'Balked' and 'ducked' are about 2 universes apart. First, it's only your interpretation that he 'balked' to begin with, second if you go on to fight the fight anyway it totally negates the term 'duck'. It doesn't apply. Duck happens. If you duck then you avoid fighting that person and don't end up choking that person unconscious or knocking that person out. That is the END. 

Anderson Silva has never ducked anyone.

7/19/12 11:23 AM
UGCTT_zackthewop
439 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

goku -  y r u guys saying he fights anyone..no clearly he did not want  to fight chael...yes, he said it was because he was disrespectful, but i am guessing getting whipped by him for 4 rounds had something to do with it

he also did not want to fight vitor immediately

i am sure there are others
But he did...,and he whooped their asses Phone Post
7/19/12 11:26 AM
ABE FROMAN

'Anderson was clearly ducking until he whipped their fucking asses'. - The UG 
7/19/12 11:32 AM
orcus

".is that when the ufc wanted him to fight certain fighters - he BALKED AND DID NOT IMMEDIATELY ACCEPT...do you disagree with this?"

lol, now you're backing down from "avoiding" to "not immediately accepted". What is your acceptable time frame for a fighter to agree to a fight without "avoiding" it?

But let's see:

Vitor beat Franklin on September 19, 2009 and was put forth as the next opponent for Anderson. On September 26, 2009, Dana confirmed that both sides agreed to the fight.

Chael I: Chael was submitted by Maia in two seconds. Then he won three fights, the last two over Okami and Marquardt, earning him a title shot. But his injuries from the Marquardt fight prevented him from getting his shot in Abu Dhabi (when Vitor pulled out due to injury), so Anderson fought Maia instead, and Anderson and Chael fought in both guy's next fight.

Sonnen rematch: Sonnen beat Bisping on January 28. On February 5, Dana confirmed that both sides agreed to the Sonnen/Anderson rematch.

So AGAIN: Where the fuck is the "avoiding"? Or even the "balking"? Two of the fights you said he "avoided", he agreed to ONE WEEK after those guys won their fights and were put forth as title challengers. The other (Sonnen I) was signed as soon as Chael was able to fight.

Durrrrrrrrrrrrr
7/19/12 11:36 AM
orcus

Shogun "avoided" Glover. The fight was offered to him. He said he wouldn't take it. He is fighting someone else. Glover is fighting someone else.

Henderson "avoided" Rogerio and Lyoto. The fights were offered to him. He said he would not take them. He is fighting someone else. They are fighting someone else.

Anderson did NOT "avoid" opponents. The fights were offered to him. He accepted. Unless THEY withdrew due to injury, he did not fight someone else. They did not fight someone else.

You look like a fucking idiot for continuing to harp on this given all these FACTS.
7/19/12 11:40 AM
ABE FROMAN

Orcus Knows MMA Better Than Goku.
7/19/12 11:50 AM
orcus

Dana White: ""Listen, Anderson Silva's fought everybody," White said. "It's not like he's ducking fights. He's never ducked a fight."
7/19/12 11:50 AM
ABE FROMAN

A coward that destroys the fighters you root for mercilously. I wonder what that makes your hero's when they get absolutely dicked-down by a coward? 
7/19/12 11:51 AM
orcus

"Maybe Anderson couldn't successfully duck, but he did whine and complain about how his opponents didn't deserve to fight him, meanwhile he got a shot after beating Leben, lmao. Talk about a coward."

Wait, your definition of "coward" is not someone who ducks opponents -- because you admitted Anderson didn't do that -- but someone who voices an opinion about his opponents, prior to signing the fight and beating them up?

Weird, I was under the impression that if anything, "cowardice" would describe NOT voicing your opinion more than voicing it.
7/19/12 11:56 AM

ABE FROMAN - 
Orcus Knows MMA Better Than Goku - 

The thread is already 'won'. 'Balked' and 'ducked' are about 2 universes apart. First, it's only your interpretation that he 'balked' to begin with, second if you go on to fight the fight anyway it totally negates the term 'duck'. It doesn't apply. Duck happens. If you duck then you avoid fighting that person and don't end up choking that person unconscious or knocking that person out. That is the END. 

Anderson Silva has never ducked anyone.

abe,  again you are arguing semantics...in my mind ducking and avoiding can mean you dont want to refuse a fighter but ultimately do after convincing...that was the whole point of the thread...im not arguing he never fought these people so people getting their pants in a bunch trying to argue this point is actually silly

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.