UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Will Anderson duck weidman?

7/19/12 11:51 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
orcus
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"Maybe Anderson couldn't successfully duck, but he did whine and complain about how his opponents didn't deserve to fight him, meanwhile he got a shot after beating Leben, lmao. Talk about a coward."

Wait, your definition of "coward" is not someone who ducks opponents -- because you admitted Anderson didn't do that -- but someone who voices an opinion about his opponents, prior to signing the fight and beating them up?

Weird, I was under the impression that if anything, "cowardice" would describe NOT voicing your opinion more than voicing it.
7/19/12 11:56 AM
Orcus Knows MMA Better Than Goku

ABE FROMAN - 
Orcus Knows MMA Better Than Goku - 
orcus - I'll repost this for this page to make sure "Orcus Knows MMA Better Than Goku" sees it:

orcus - Goku, this is pretty simple.

Name a fighter that Anderson "avoided", and then tell us exactly when Anderson avoided him, i.e., from when to when.

dude, im not going to waste my time researching time frames..the whole point, for you red herring doucehbage..is that when the ufc wanted him to fight certain fighters - he BALKED AND DID NOT IMMEDIATELY ACCEPT...do you disagree with this? If not, there is no argument other than the little side arguments you are trying to win because you cant win the main point of this thread
The thread is already 'won'. 'Balked' and 'ducked' are about 2 universes apart. First, it's only your interpretation that he 'balked' to begin with, second if you go on to fight the fight anyway it totally negates the term 'duck'. It doesn't apply. Duck happens. If you duck then you avoid fighting that person and don't end up choking that person unconscious or knocking that person out. That is the END. 

Anderson Silva has never ducked anyone.

abe,  again you are arguing semantics...in my mind ducking and avoiding can mean you dont want to refuse a fighter but ultimately do after convincing...that was the whole point of the thread...im not arguing he never fought these people so people getting their pants in a bunch trying to argue this point is actually silly

7/19/12 11:58 AM

Edited: 07/19/12 11:59 AM
orcus - ".is that when the ufc wanted him to fight certain fighters - he BALKED AND DID NOT IMMEDIATELY ACCEPT...do you disagree with this?"

lol, now you're backing down from "avoiding" to "not immediately accepted". What is your acceptable time frame for a fighter to agree to a fight without "avoiding" it?

But let's see:

Vitor beat Franklin on September 19, 2009 and was put forth as the next opponent for Anderson. On September 26, 2009, Dana confirmed that both sides agreed to the fight.

Chael I: Chael was submitted by Maia in two seconds. Then he won three fights, the last two over Okami and Marquardt, earning him a title shot. But his injuries from the Marquardt fight prevented him from getting his shot in Abu Dhabi (when Vitor pulled out due to injury), so Anderson fought Maia instead, and Anderson and Chael fought in both guy's next fight.

Sonnen rematch: Sonnen beat Bisping on January 28. On February 5, Dana confirmed that both sides agreed to the Sonnen/Anderson rematch.

So AGAIN: Where the fuck is the "avoiding"? Or even the "balking"? Two of the fights you said he "avoided", he agreed to ONE WEEK after those guys won their fights and were put forth as title challengers. The other (Sonnen I) was signed as soon as Chael was able to fight.

Durrrrrrrrrrrrr
i still believe he avoided fighting them, but since you tards apparently have limited understanding of the english language, I am using other phrases to make the same point

let me ask you some  very basic questions...dont got off on tangents or other rants, just answer the questions

can you avoid your boss, but then see him later? yes or no.

can you avoid public places, but then find yourself in on? yes or no.

can you avoid doing your homework for a few hours, but ultimately do it? yes or no.

7/19/12 12:00 PM
ABE FROMAN

orcus - ".is that when the ufc wanted him to fight certain fighters - he BALKED AND DID NOT IMMEDIATELY ACCEPT...do you disagree with this?"

lol, now you're backing down from "avoiding" to "not immediately accepted". What is your acceptable time frame for a fighter to agree to a fight without "avoiding" it?

But let's see:

Vitor beat Franklin on September 19, 2009 and was put forth as the next opponent for Anderson. On September 26, 2009, Dana confirmed that both sides agreed to the fight.

Chael I: Chael was submitted by Maia in two seconds. Then he won three fights, the last two over Okami and Marquardt, earning him a title shot. But his injuries from the Marquardt fight prevented him from getting his shot in Abu Dhabi (when Vitor pulled out due to injury), so Anderson fought Maia instead, and Anderson and Chael fought in both guy's next fight.

Sonnen rematch: Sonnen beat Bisping on January 28. On February 5, Dana confirmed that both sides agreed to the Sonnen/Anderson rematch.

So AGAIN: Where the fuck is the "avoiding"? Or even the "balking"? Two of the fights you said he "avoided", he agreed to ONE WEEK after those guys won their fights and were put forth as title challengers. The other (Sonnen I) was signed as soon as Chael was able to fight.

Durrrrrrrrrrrrr
i still believe he avoided fighting them, but since you tards apparently have limited understanding of the english language, I am using other phrases to make the same point

let me ask you a very basic question...dont got off on tangents or other rants, just answer the question

Apples/oranges.

Did you schedule a time to meet with your 'boss' on your own? Did you agree to a date and a time? Did you go on to tell your boss to fuck himself and he did shit about it?

7/19/12 12:02 PM
orcus

"in my mind ducking and avoiding can mean you dont want to refuse a fighter but ultimately do after convincing"

In your mind, the words "ducking" and "avoiding" don't mean what they actually mean.

AGAIN: Henderson avoided Marquardt, Rogerio, Lyoto, Shogun rematch. Shogun avoided Glover. Tito avoided Chuck for years. Why are these true statements? Because those fights were offered, REFUSED, and DID NOT HAPPEN.

"Ultimately" = one week after the prospective opponent wins and is put forth as next challenger.

"people getting their pants in a bunch trying to argue this point is actually silly"

lol @ a guy who defines "avoiding" as "not jumping in the ring and signing the contract during the prospective challenger's post-fight interview" telling anyone else their argument is "actually silly".
7/19/12 12:02 PM
ABE FROMAN

Orcus Knows MMA Better Than Goku - abe,  again you are arguing semantics...in my mind ducking and avoiding can mean you dont want to refuse a fighter but ultimately do after convincing...that was the whole point of the thread...im not arguing he never fought these people so people getting their pants in a bunch trying to argue this point is actually silly
If anything you are arguing semantics. you're claiming he ducked without actually ducking. You're claiming he's a cowards who hasn't lost a fight in years. 

That's semantics.

7/19/12 12:03 PM
ABE FROMAN

orcus - lol @ a guy who defines "avoiding" as "not jumping in the ring and signing the contract during the prospective challenger's post-fight interview" telling anyone else their argument is "actually silly".
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

7/19/12 12:04 PM

ABE FROMAN - 

But let's see:

Durrrrrrrrrrrrr

let me ask you a very basic question...dont got off on tangents or other rants, just answer the question

Apples/oranges.

Did you schedule a time to meet with your 'boss' on your own? Did you agree to a date and a time? Did you go on to tell your boss to fuck himself and he did shit about it?

what do you mean apples/oranges...we are talking about permitted uses of the word "avoid"...in the mind of some on this thread, apparently when you avoid something, you never do it...that is not true...abe, do you disagree that you can avoid something, but ultimately do it...of course...so why are people getting all crazy trying to argue this stupid point?

here is the bottom line...a number times in the past, the ufc has offered fighters to anderson that anderson did not simply immediately accept, but rather came up with reasons why didnt want to fight them and balked, avoided, delayed ETC fighting them...yes, he ultimately fought them, but I am not contesting that point...

all i am saying is that I thought he would do the same thing with wiedman WHCIH HE HAS...chris beat the #1 contender, the ufc wants chris to fight anderson, but anderson (or his manager) have stated they dont think hes a big enough name--JUST AS I PREDICTED
7/19/12 12:05 PM

orcus - "in my mind ducking and avoiding can mean you dont want to refuse a fighter but ultimately do after convincing"

In your mind, the words "ducking" and "avoiding" don't mean what they actually mean.

AGAIN: Henderson avoided Marquardt, Rogerio, Lyoto, Shogun rematch. Shogun avoided Glover. Tito avoided Chuck for years. Why are these true statements? Because those fights were offered, REFUSED, and DID NOT HAPPEN.

"Ultimately" = one week after the prospective opponent wins and is put forth as next challenger.

"people getting their pants in a bunch trying to argue this point is actually silly"

lol @ a guy who defines "avoiding" as "not jumping in the ring and signing the contract during the prospective challenger's post-fight interview" telling anyone else their argument is "actually silly".
lol@your total defeat..you cant answer my questions because if you do, it will obviously prove you wrong...

7/19/12 12:06 PM

Edited: 07/19/12 12:10 PM
ABE FROMAN - 
Orcus Knows MMA Better Than Goku - abe,  again you are arguing semantics...in my mind ducking and avoiding can mean you dont want to refuse a fighter but ultimately do after convincing...that was the whole point of the thread...im not arguing he never fought these people so people getting their pants in a bunch trying to argue this point is actually silly
If anything you are arguing semantics. you're claiming he ducked without actually ducking. You're claiming he's a cowards who hasn't lost a fight in years. 

That's semantics.

abe, was my thread about defining the term duck or avoid? no..people argued my use of the word and I defended it..thats not arguing semantics...arguing semantics is missing the whole point of the thread and just arguing the proper use of words...thats what people do when they cant win the primary argument

edit: I also NEVER called him a coward...dont get things twisted..i am not calling him a coward and I believe the is the gereatest fighter of all time...that doesnt mean he is 100% perfect and has no flaws..u guys want to turn these fighters into superheros but they are human...just like i think mayweather is the best boxer of all time but he did duck and avoid margarito just like he ducked and avoided pacquiao..EVEN THOUGH HE MAY ONE DAY FIGHT HIM

7/19/12 12:09 PM
orcus

Orcus Knows MMA Better Than Goku - i still believe he avoided fighting them, but since you tards apparently have limited understanding of the english language, I am using other phrases to make the same point

let me ask you some  very basic questions...dont got off on tangents or other rants, just answer the questions

lol @ "going off on tangents" referring to doing the research YOU should have done before spouting off all this bullshit -- i.e., finding out exactly the timeline of when the fights were offered and when they were accepted. But I'll play along:

You avoided your boss during the time you didn't want to see him. During what time did Anderson avoid the fights you say he avoided? Are you suggesting if he hadn't been ducking, those fights would have happened within a week of being suggested?

No, because that would mean you didn't avoid them. Duh. And lol @ the suggestion that Anderson "found himself" in those fights he tried to "avoid".

can you avoid doing your homework for a few hours, but ultimately do it? yes or no.

You can put off your homework for a few hours, yes. Since Anderson agreed to those fights within a week of them being suggested, AGAIN: When did he avoid them? For that week?

Can you avoid a fight, yet agree to it within a week of it first being suggested? Yes or no. If yes, explain exactly how and when the fight was avoided.

Did Anderson "avoid" those fights over breakfast? If he doesn't call Dana back until after Dancing with the Stars is over, is he "ducking" the fight?
7/19/12 12:11 PM

Edited: 07/19/12 12:13 PM
orcus - 
Orcus Knows MMA Better Than Goku - i still believe he avoided fighting them, but since you tards apparently have limited understanding of the english language, I am using other phrases to make the same point

lol @ "going off on tangents" referring to doing the research YOU should have done before spouting off all this bullshit -- i.e., finding out exactly the timeline of when the fights were offered and when they were accepted. But I'll play along:

You avoided your boss during the time you didn't want to see him. During what time did Anderson avoid the fights you say he avoided? Are you suggesting if he hadn't been ducking, those fights would have happened within a week of being suggested?

No, because that would mean you didn't avoid them. Duh. And lol @ the suggestion that Anderson "found himself" in those fights he tried to "avoid".

You can put off your homework for a few hours, yes. Since Anderson agreed to those fights within a week of them being suggested, AGAIN: When did he avoid them? For that week?

Can you avoid a fight, yet agree to it within a week of it first being suggested? Yes or no. If yes, explain exactly how and when the fight was avoided.

Did Anderson "avoid" those fights over breakfast? If he doesn't call Dana back until after Dancing with the Stars is over, is he "ducking" the fight?
lol....just as a i predicted, going off on tangets because u know you are wrong..

did i say he "avoided them forever" no, just that he avoided them..not meaning he didnt sign the contract right away, but rather meaning he did not want to fight them initially...do u not understand the difference?...

for example, he said he will NOT fight jon jones..that is AVOIDING fighting jon jones...he did NOT want to fight chael in teh second fight..they had a PRESS CONFERENCE for the fight and dana had to FIGHT with anderson for hours just to have him come out..that is AVOIDING fighting chael

7/19/12 12:13 PM
orcus

"here is the bottom line...a number times in the past, the ufc has offered fighters to anderson that anderson did not simply immediately accept, but rather came up with reasons why didnt want to fight them and balked, avoided, delayed ETC fighting them...yes, he ultimately fought them, but I am not contesting that point..."

No, THIS is the bottom line:

The fighters you said were offered to Anderson that he "did not simply immediately accept" were accepted WITHIN THE WEEK.

The fights you say "ultimately" happened, happened AS SCHEDULED, AS EACH GUY'S VERY NEXT FIGHT BARRING INJURIES.

You have failed repeatedly to give ANY substantiation to your claim that there was ANY "balking", "delaying", "avoiding", "etc" of ANY fight. Why? Why can't you back up that claim, and if you can't, why do you keep spouting it? Of all the "number of times" this supposedly happened, I posted the actual timeline proving that it DIDN'T happen.
7/19/12 12:15 PM

orcus - "here is the bottom line...a number times in the past, the ufc has offered fighters to anderson that anderson did not simply immediately accept, but rather came up with reasons why didnt want to fight them and balked, avoided, delayed ETC fighting them...yes, he ultimately fought them, but I am not contesting that point..."

No, THIS is the bottom line:

The fighters you said were offered to Anderson that he "did not simply immediately accept" were accepted WITHIN THE WEEK.

The fights you say "ultimately" happened, happened AS SCHEDULED, AS EACH GUY'S VERY NEXT FIGHT BARRING INJURIES.

You have failed repeatedly to give ANY substantiation to your claim that there was ANY "balking", "delaying", "avoiding", "etc" of ANY fight. Why? Why can't you back up that claim, and if you can't, why do you keep spouting it? Of all the "number of times" this supposedly happened, I posted the actual timeline proving that it DIDN'T happen.
orcus orcus orcus...again, you can avoid something for an hour..its still avoiding..did i say he avoided them for over a week? no...just that he did not want to fight certain people...even if it was for an hour (which is not the case), its still true he avoided fighting them...please, come up with more tangents...first you argued the use of the word avoid..i proved it wrong..now you are trying to say avoid only means avoid if it lasts longer than a week? you are being silly son, just stop it

7/19/12 12:20 PM
chesty_1775

Will Anderson duck weidman?

he already is
7/19/12 12:26 PM
orcus

"just that he did not want to fight certain people."

1) So now you are defining ducking/avoiding as NOT WANTING to do something. So if I get up and go to work every day, you can still say I "avoided" it -- because I don't REALLY want to go.

2) Hilariously, you haven't even proven THIS trivial claim. For example, between the time Vitor was proposed as next challenger, and Anderson agreeing to the fight (one week), do you have statements from Anderson saying he didn't want the fight?

"he did NOT want to fight chael in teh second fight..they had a PRESS CONFERENCE for the fight and dana had to FIGHT with anderson for hours just to have him come out..that is AVOIDING fighting chael"

More hilarious Goku definitions: "Dana had to fight with Anderson to have him come out FOR A PRESS CONFERENCE...that is AVOIDING fighting Chael".

So clear that up for us: Not coming out on time for a press conference is now ALSO equivalent to avoiding a fight?

Again: Sonnen beat Bisping on January 28. On February 5, Dana confirmed that Anderson had agreed to the rematch.
7/19/12 12:26 PM
ABE FROMAN

Weidman is not on your team, Chesty.

Nor is any Renzo Gracie affiliate. 
7/19/12 12:27 PM
orcus

Bitching about work on your commute to work = avoiding work.

There aren't enough Durrrrs in the world for you and this thread.
7/19/12 12:31 PM
ABE FROMAN

He can't even prove the bitching about work part.
7/19/12 12:32 PM
orcus

Goku, why no threads about all the fights Nick Diaz and Dan Henderson have avoided? Why is it that whenever I see you bitching about ducking fights, it's always Anderson?
7/19/12 12:38 PM
ABE FROMAN

dustin dustin - I have not read any replies on this thread, but im willing to bet the fucking farm that most of them have come from members of The Church de Silva.... ABE: High Priestess orcus: High priest Laynprayninja: Defender of the crown de silva. Let me guess, they called you a hater, retarded etc?

7/19/12 12:39 PM
orcus

dustin dustin - I have not read any replies on this thread, but im willing to bet the fucking farm that most of them have come from members of The Church de Silva....ABE: High Priestess orcus: High priestLaynprayninja: Defender of the crown de silva.Let me guess, they called you a hater, retarded etc?

"Retarded" is what you call someone who repeatedly claims something that is demonstrably false, and gives words entirely new definitions to try to make himself seem right.
7/19/12 12:40 PM
enbanc

Orcus loses this argument again.
7/19/12 12:42 PM
orcus

enbanc - Orcus loses this argument again.

For it to be a real argument, one side would have to have some substantiation, and to use his key terms correctly. This is more of a raping.
7/19/12 12:43 PM
ABE FROMAN

Edited: 07/19/12 12:44 PM
dustin dustin - Wow, either i have psychic powers or you guys are fucking predictable losers. Every. Single. Thread. You fags spam these threads and repeat the same shit.
Maybe your psychic powers can prevent knuckleheads like you from hating on Anderson so it woudln't neccessitate a response.

Every.Single.Anderson.Thread.Hating.Hater

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.