UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Will Anderson duck weidman?

7/22/12 5:28 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
orcus
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

lol @ Goku's hilarious post-UFC 149 bump in light of what Dana actually said.
7/22/12 5:31 PM
neonbelly

Yes he'll "duck" him then pound the shit out of him and everyone will just shut up about it until the next guy.
7/22/12 5:40 PM
diggity

orcus - "Both Weidmann said the UFC and Dana said this was the logical matchup but will likely not happen"

You never quit.

Here is what Dana ACTUALLY said last night:

"If I had to right now say we have to make a fight right now because Anderson wants to fight in two months, I'd do the Weidman fight," White said. "I haven't talked to (Anderson) yet. He does want to fight. He's ready to go again. But I haven't talk to him yet."

http://www.mmatorch.com/artman2/publish/UFC_2/article_13908.shtml

Read that again: DANA HASN'T TALKED TO ANDERSON YET ABOUT FIGHTING WEIDMAN. In fact Dana even implies that Weidman is not necessarily the way the UFC would want to go, but that he might be the only choice if ANDERSON pressures to fight very soon.

So, basically, what you just said was a complete pile of bullshit, just like everything else you've said in this and EVERY thread in which you yammer about Anderson "ducking".

As I said, Anderson must be the only guy in MMA who can duck a fight before his phone even rings.
This is pretty fucking awesomely final. Phone Post
7/22/12 5:42 PM
diggity

RyannVonDoom -  I hope anderson takes this fight. will be interesting to see how he handles this. 
Um, probably the way he handles everyone else... Beat them. Then what? Phone Post
7/22/12 5:46 PM
REDRUM_NYC

To answer the op's question .. Yes the ducking has comensed already
7/22/12 9:45 PM
NKTKDace
111 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

orcus - "Both Weidmann said the UFC and Dana said this was the logical matchup but will likely not happen"

You never quit.

Here is what Dana ACTUALLY said last night:

"If I had to right now say we have to make a fight right now because Anderson wants to fight in two months, I'd do the Weidman fight," White said. "I haven't talked to (Anderson) yet. He does want to fight. He's ready to go again. But I haven't talk to him yet."

http://www.mmatorch.com/artman2/publish/UFC_2/article_13908.shtml

Read that again: DANA HASN'T TALKED TO ANDERSON YET ABOUT FIGHTING WEIDMAN. In fact Dana even implies that Weidman is not necessarily the way the UFC would want to go, but that he might be the only choice if ANDERSON pressures to fight very soon.

So, basically, what you just said was a complete pile of bullshit, just like everything else you've said in this and EVERY thread in which you yammer about Anderson "ducking".

As I said, Anderson must be the only guy in MMA who can duck a fight before his phone even rings.
Fucking owned. Phone Post
7/22/12 9:49 PM
ABE FROMAN

Edited: 07/22/12 10:04 PM
EatMyRashGuard - Weidman will beat Anderson if the fight happens. Weidman presents many problems for Silva and the Anderson camp knows it. Funny, the only people who do not want Weidman vs Silva are the Silva fans.
The only people who think every new prospect is going to beat Silva are Chael fans.

That's the most boring, tiresome angle on this board.

And when Weidman loses it will be someone else, just like Weidman became the new Chael.

7/22/12 11:54 PM
ABE FROMAN

Edited: 07/22/12 11:54 PM
Weidman is as good as anybody, I just think he needs a fight with a bigger name than Munoz. I don't think a win over Munoz makes someone the #1 contender. I'd rather see Bisping than anybody else. 

If a title fight had to take place in the next 2 months I wouldn't complain about Weidman, but like Chael I believe Bisping is more deserving. Have Weidman beat Bisping so he can take his name, that way NOBODY has shit to say not even the other Middelweights. 

I want to see Silva/Weidman too, I just don't think he is more deserving because of Munoz. I'm not more nervous about Weidman's chances, I think he will lose the exact same way Chael did, but to avoid ambiguity take down 1 more name fighter and call it a day. 

7/23/12 12:41 AM
wrestling4life
18 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Chris Leben is a Zombie -
Mitt Romney 2012 -
ANT_P1989 - Anderson fights anyone put in front of him. Period. Phone Post
This. Phone Post
Anyone not names Bones Jones Phone Post
Silva has no reason to go up a weight class to fight anyone, Gsp not going up to fight him does that mean he's ducking silva? Phone Post
7/23/12 1:12 AM
diggity

RyannVonDoom -
diggity - 
RyannVonDoom -  I hope anderson takes this fight. will be interesting to see how he handles this. 
Um, probably the way he handles everyone else... Beat them. Then what? Phone Post

Wow.. Thanks for the wonderful insight.. lol 

This forum is boring me. Shit like this, and Weidman needing to beat 2 more prospects? Who? Come the fuck on. 
Wow... Lol... Are you a justin bieber fan? Maybe he should get a shot. If the 'forum' is boring you then go back to playing world of Warcraft with your wolf pack.
Dude, you're the shittiest kind of hater there is. You have an attitude like a fucked asshole. Phone Post
7/23/12 1:14 AM
diggity

EatMyRashGuard - Weidman will beat Anderson if the fight happens. Weidman presents many problems for Silva and the Anderson camp knows it. Funny, the only people who do not want Weidman vs Silva are the Silva fans.
I'm a silva fan... I'd love to see this fight. Just think he needs a couple more big wins to make it interesting. Phone Post
7/23/12 1:36 AM
Arecsa
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Idiotic threads like this are fantastic, makes it very easy to use my allotted vote downs.
7/23/12 1:59 AM
Koga

Okami, Cote, Griffin, Henderson, Franklin and Marquardt were all top 3 ranked in the division when Silva beat them.

Silva holds two wins over the current #2 ranked fighter in the division, Sonnen, and a KO win over the #3 ranked (Belfort).

Ridiculous to suggest that Silva is "ducking" anyone. Bisping, Weidman, Boetsch, Munoz and Stann are simply not in Silva's league and, with the exception of Bisping, relatively unknown.

What is it that Silva is supposedly ducking for the first time in his career? Do you think any of these guys has better wrestling than Sonnen, better stiking than Cote, better bjj than Maia, more experience than Belfort or is tougher than Okami?
7/25/12 2:30 PM
REDRUM_NYC

ttt
7/25/12 3:00 PM
Lazer MMA

He beat 2 top 5 fighters. Much more than AS ever did in the UFC before his title shot! Plus it's much more them anyone else in the division right now!

AS's camp can go F themselves for saying he's not well known enough. They just cleaned up ($). Give the kid the fight he earned.

7/25/12 5:48 PM
ABE FROMAN

Lazer MMA - 
He beat 2 top 5 fighters. Much more than AS ever did in the UFC before his title shot! Plus it's much more them anyone else in the division right now!

AS's camp can go F themselves for saying he's not well known enough. They just cleaned up ($). Give the kid the fight he earned.
Aren't you the same person that goes nuts when anybody says anything remotely like what you're saying regarding Fedor or Hendo? Don't hide behind 'truth' because we all have our own version of truth.

7/25/12 6:08 PM
Lazer MMA

ABE FROMAN - 
Lazer MMA - 

Aren't you the same person that goes nuts when anybody says anything remotely like what you're saying regarding Fedor or Hendo? Don't hide behind 'truth' because we all have our own version of truth.

First of all Abe lets face it sir, there is but one truth. I'm NOT SAYING AS knew crap about this. This comes (the data that his camp said that) from MMA tonight (FUEL) sir!

With no knowledge of it (Hendo), Hendo's camp for instance said "NO" to shogun (rematch) in favor of a title shot. I admit it freely. WTF would he not at this stage of his career?

Maybe I'm missing it Abe, maybe I've answered you (a misunderstanding), I'm not sure sir.

You know I don't like ANY legend getting shit on sir. I've stood up for many of them yes. I am a HUGE fan of Hendo, but never of Fedor BTW (or Shogun, AS, Frank or other legends I have defended here).

7/26/12 12:10 PM
Orcus Knows MMA Better Than Goku

FO: Sticking with this Brazilian theme - Anderson’s people say you’re not a contender right now as you aren’t known enough and you need more wins. Your response to that?

There is only so much avoiding you can do so if the UFC wants him to fight me it is going to happen. Anderson can sell PPV by himself, he is the greatest fighter of all time so it doesn’t matter who he is fighting.

http://www.fightersonlymag.com/content/news/16837-exclusive-chris-weidman-goes-deep-on-anderson-mentality-and-ambitions

I guess weidman is a fool too huh guys?

7/26/12 2:46 PM
Orcus Knows MMA Better Than Goku

"That's a big joke," Silva's manager, Jorge Guimaraes, said about Chris Weidman, Tim Boetsch and Alan Belcher's challenges. "Everybody saw that it worked for Chael, and he got really famous with that, and now everybody wants to be on the spotlight".

The manager believes that only one fight makes sense for the middleweight champion right now, and it's not on the middleweight division.

"No opponent makes sense for Anderson at this moment. Unless we do a catchweight against Georges St. Pierre," he suggests. "They didn't offer the fight, but he's the only one that could do a super fight. Anderson has the biggest paycheck in the UFC, and you can't promote an event with these amateur kids that are coming up now".
7/26/12 3:06 PM
Lazer MMA

Goku why bump this thread? There is a thread on the topic sir.
7/26/12 3:35 PM
orcus

He bumped it because he found an article where someon in Silva's camp expressed their lack of enthusiasm for a prospective opponent. As usual, nowhere is there any indication that the fight has been or would be turned down.
1/28/13 2:27 PM
Anderson Ducking Weidman

gokudamus

3/10/13 12:28 PM
Anderson's BBC in my Goku

dang...almost a full year later chris will finally get his shot....

3/10/13 12:30 PM
FearTheClown
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Anderson only accepted the fight to pull out at the last minute to troll Weidman for all the bitching he's been doing

3/10/13 12:36 PM
Anderson's BBC in my Goku

and my cod was gokudamus' prediction spot on..the problem though was that by waiting, all the other contenders lost, not chris...LOL

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.