UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Every fighter on the planet could learn from Chael

7/14/12 11:15 AM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1228 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

Mike Dolce went 5-10 as a professional fighter, and has now found his place as the most sought after nutritionist in the sport. Among his high-profile clients in Chael Sonnen who unsuccessfully challenged Anderson Silva for the UFC middleweight title last Saturday.

Dolce talks about the event with MMASucka Radio.

“It was absolutely overwhelming, the amount of people in town," said Dolce. "This truly was international fight week –Everywhere you went it was about the UFC and about MMA so that surrounding the event and the competition between Anderson Silva and Chael Sonnen was mind blowing, a great experience and a real honor to be a part of in my small way."

“Chael is an amazing guy, an amazing athlete, a class act – I think every fighter on the planet could learn from Chael Sonnen, he built the fight and he chose the fight against the baddest man on the planet, we all know that you don’t pick a fight with Anderson Silva unless you’re crazy or really talented and Chael is really talented."

“He went out there, he had prepared like a champion, he fought like a champion, he fought with pure heart and he lost to the better man in the cage on that night and afterwards the class he showed respecting Anderson and the Brazilians, it was really great to be a part of that and witness Chael doing that,”

“After the fight he said ‘I know I lost, but I’m still better than that guy’ and I agree, just on these two nights he wasn’t and we respect that and appreciate that but he’ll certainly be back."

“Well, the fans are the best judges on the planet," said Dolce about Silva's controversial actions. "We’re all fans and we have our opinions and the majority of our opinions are correct, regardless of what you do it your life fans are pretty darn educated on this sport so if you look at the criteria and look at the NSAC rules there were a few infractions you could say but that’s not what we’re focused on, we’re focused on the next fight moving forward."

“It’s a fight, punches, knees and kicks are thrown and sometimes it’s not thrown to the letter or the law, we know it and we get it but we’re moving forward with it and we want the next fight, we’re not looking back to that fight because they are gonna have to fight again, quite possibly or he’s gonna have to fight someone else, that’s certainly Chael’s feeling, that’s my feeling."

Read entire article...
Listen to entire interview...

7/14/12 12:05 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
catgobling
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

anderson puts his hands down and lets chael, a 200+ lb ripped dude, punch him in the face...and NOTHING happens...then promply knocks him down with ease. chael is not the better man, athlete or martial artist. he showed absolutely no heart when he crumbled so quickly.
7/14/12 12:13 PM
bemsqua
58 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

catgobling - anderson puts his hands down and lets chael, a 200+ lb ripped dude, punch him in the face...and NOTHING happens...then promply knocks him down with ease. chael is not the better man, athlete or martial artist. he showed absolutely no heart when he crumbled so quickly.

^^^^^^^^

Bonafide Moron
7/14/12 12:18 PM
newjack900
43 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Much respect to Dolce. He has brought a real science to the art of weight cutting and lifestyle changes for professional fighters. Thanks for the interview Crooklyn.
7/14/12 12:20 PM
UGCTT_BBQ at Andy's
845 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

catgobling - anderson puts his hands down and lets chael, a 200+ lb ripped dude, punch him in the face...and NOTHING happens...then promply knocks him down with ease. chael is not the better man, athlete or martial artist. he showed absolutely no heart when he crumbled so quickly.
You're an idiot. I hope a mod does something about this. Phone Post
7/14/12 12:24 PM
UGCTT_LnPninja

“After the fight he said ‘I know I lost, but I’m still better than that guy’ and I agree, just on these two nights he wasn’t and we respect that and appreciate that but he’ll certainly be back."

Bwahahahahah!!!! Chael is better, just not on those two nights they happened to fight. Good one Mike, good one.

7/14/12 12:28 PM
OnlyTheStrongSurvive
562 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UGCTT_LnPninja -  “After the fight he said ‘I know I lost, but I’m still better than that guy’ and I agree, just on these two nights he wasn’t and we respect that and appreciate that but he’ll certainly be back."

Bwahahahahah!!!! Chael is better, just not on those two nights they happened to fight. Good one Mike, good one.

At the post fight press conference Chael specifically said he HATES when guys say this. The better fighter wins every time. This may be Dolce's opinion, but Chael specifically said differently Phone Post
7/14/12 12:31 PM
UGCTT_LnPninja

Glovegate - ^Don't mind the ass pain. Just another day with that guy. Nothing to see here, move along.

Keep obseesing over me stalker boy.

Maybe send some more PMs to people that I am offering free Blue Names to in a contest....loser.
7/14/12 12:34 PM
UGCTT_LnPninja

OnlyTheStrongSurvive - 
UGCTT_LnPninja -  “After the fight he said ‘I know I lost, but I’m still better than that guy’ and I agree, just on these two nights he wasn’t and we respect that and appreciate that but he’ll certainly be back."

At the post fight press conference Chael specifically said he HATES when guys say this. The better fighter wins every time. This may be Dolce's opinion, but Chael specifically said differently Phone Post

I was just laughing at Dolce, not Chael. I have much more respect for Chael after this fight then I ever had. His charity work for kids/wrestling is awesome as well.
7/14/12 12:54 PM
MdGeist

newjack900 - Much respect to Dolce. He has brought a real science to the art of weight cutting and lifestyle changes for professional fighters. Thanks for the interview Crooklyn.

IMO, Chael didn't look like his weight-cut didn't go to well for 148. He looked bad, worse than I've ever seen him

Leading up to 148, I watched everyone of Chael and Anderson's fights in the UFC in chronological order. At 148, you could see a major difference in not only his drawn out physique but he looked off balance and somewhat twitchy, almost like he was running on nothing but adrenaline to sustain himself.

The Dolce thing backfired when he was told that he could bulk-up and pack on more muscle mass than he ever had in the past, yet still be able to comfortably cut to 185 with little issue
7/14/12 12:56 PM
Crooklyn
733 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Butter, 'cuz I'm on a roll!
Please note that I did not conduct that interview. MMA Sucka did. They had me and Mike on as guests. Give them the credit please. They did a great job with that interview.
7/14/12 12:56 PM
valetudosuperfight

Isn't Chael just a B-tier version of Tito?

I mean yeah chael talks smack, but it comes off as WWE schtick whereas Tito made you want to huck something at the screen.
7/14/12 1:11 PM
mmasucka
23 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MMASucka.com, Owner
Crooklyn - Please note that I did not conduct that interview. MMA Sucka did. They had me and Mike on as guests. Give them the credit please. They did a great job with that interview.

Thanks Crooklyn!! It was a pleasure having you on the show as well!!
7/14/12 1:13 PM
Crooklyn
733 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

mmasucka - 
Crooklyn - Please note that I did not conduct that interview. MMA Sucka did. They had me and Mike on as guests. Give them the credit please. They did a great job with that interview.

Thanks Crooklyn!! It was a pleasure having you on the show as well!!

No problem friend. I had fun. Thanks for having me on. 
7/14/12 1:51 PM
OnlyTheStrongSurvive
562 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UGCTT_LnPninja -
OnlyTheStrongSurvive - 

I was just laughing at Dolce, not Chael. I have much more respect for Chael after this fight then I ever had. His charity work for kids/wrestling is awesome as well.
Agreed. Phone Post
7/14/12 2:37 PM
BlazerinTraining

Anybody calling Chael a classy guy warrants judgement about his own character. Chael can say that he is better than AS all he wants but the fact is that he isn't even better than him when he cheats. This guy is full of excuses and is no longer relavent. A year or two from now nobody will remember who this idiot is...You can only act like an asshole for so long until even the idiotic fans who are drawn to that behavior become sick of your antics and sad attempts to keep yourself in the mix of things for all the wrong reasons.
7/14/12 2:47 PM
killthetraitor
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He could teach you how to back peddle really good! Phone Post
7/14/12 3:47 PM
Kirik
1846 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Follow me, on Twitter

Thank you for the correction. Chris is up to his usual muddled antics.
7/14/12 3:48 PM
Crooklyn

Kirik - 

Thank you for the correction. Chris is up to his usual muddled antics.

LOL! 
7/14/12 3:52 PM
C Riv

BlazerinTraining - Anybody calling Chael a classy guy warrants judgement about his own character. Chael can say that he is better than AS all he wants but the fact is that he isn't even better than him when he cheats. This guy is full of excuses and is no longer relavent. A year or two from now nobody will remember who this idiot is...You can only act like an asshole for so long until even the idiotic fans who are drawn to that behavior become sick of your antics and sad attempts to keep yourself in the mix of things for all the wrong reasons.
This. Phone Post
7/14/12 4:06 PM
OnlyTheStrongSurvive

BlazerinTraining - Anybody calling Chael a classy guy warrants judgement about his own character. Chael can say that he is better than AS all he wants but the fact is that he isn't even better than him when he cheats. This guy is full of excuses and is no longer relavent. A year or two from now nobody will remember who this idiot is...You can only act like an asshole for so long until even the idiotic fans who are drawn to that behavior become sick of your antics and sad attempts to keep yourself in the mix of things for all the wrong reasons.
Chael didn't say this. Dolce did. Phone Post
7/14/12 7:49 PM
ElTriangulo
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

BlazerinTraining - Anybody calling Chael a classy guy warrants judgement about his own character. Chael can say that he is better than AS all he wants but the fact is that he isn't even better than him when he cheats. This guy is full of excuses and is no longer relavent. A year or two from now nobody will remember who this idiot is...You can only act like an asshole for so long until even the idiotic fans who are drawn to that behavior become sick of your antics and sad attempts to keep yourself in the mix of things for all the wrong reasons.

They only way they won't remember him is if someone manages to manhandle Anderson Silva for a full fight and take his belt.
In fact, he will not be forgotten ever in MMA He has come closer than anyone else to beating the GOAT.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.