UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> ATTN DFW put Bubba McDaniel in UFC

2/13/13 10:05 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
HeHitsMeBecauseHeLovesMe
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

During the scene when maz comes in and tells team Jones that cella was headed to the hospital, bubba is sitting folding the bill of his hat upwards. That really all I needed to see. Phone Post
2/13/13 10:24 PM
Megatherium
61 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

daba - Maybe he's a likable guy if you know him personally, but hard to root for the guy watching TUF.

And this is the 'magic' of TUF, distilled into a sentence. And the reason why TUF is not to be watched. Ever. It is reality tv and reality tv will rot your brain.
2/13/13 10:29 PM
TheMessiah

TheFapMaster -
IHangFromBJsBallSack -  Guy is a douche Phone Post

I dont know if he's as big of a douche as he is being portrayed as on the show, but IMO, he could take a couple of pointers from Urijah Hall. At the end of the day, this is not only a competition but an audition for the UFC. If I were Bubba, I would seriously work on trying to be perceived more professionally. Based on what I have seen, he wouldn't be much of a fan favorite at this point, and getting people excited to watch you is half of the battle.
Chris Leben wasn't a fan favorite on the show.. Look at him now Phone Post
2/13/13 10:33 PM
OnlyTheStrongSurvive
544 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He's been "that guy" on this season of tuf. Phone Post
2/13/13 10:42 PM
OnlyTheStrongSurvive
544 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TheFapMaster -
OnlyTheStrongSurvive -  He's been "that guy" on this season of tuf. Phone Post

Josh Samman is the other one.
Which one is that? Nobody has come across as terribly unlikeable to me except for Bubba Phone Post
2/13/13 11:01 PM
OnlyTheStrongSurvive

TheFapMaster -
OnlyTheStrongSurvive - 
TheFapMaster -
OnlyTheStrongSurvive -  He's been "that guy" on this season of tuf. Phone Post

Josh Samman is the other one.
Which one is that? Nobody has come across as terribly unlikeable to me except for Bubba Phone Post

The dude that got back mount in his fight to get into the house, then looked at Dana & the coaches and said "are you ready for this" and started double donkey punching his opponent in the back of the head. Then the next episode, he hands their Assistant Coach a list, basically outlining who and when everyone on the team should fight. Then he cries and complains the rest of the time when the coaches don't go by his list. Dude comes off like a pompous prick with a false sense of entitlement.
Oh alright haha. That fight was funny Phone Post
2/20/13 11:02 AM
Steve4192
213 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Bubba's personality on the show definitely rubs me the wrong way, but I don't get the impression he is a bad guy.  He's just very confident in himself.  I think many non-athletes mistake confidence for arrogance and take offense when a guy doesn't come off as humble, but it's incredibly common for high-level athletes to be ridiculously confident in themselves.  You can't walk into the cage or step onto a field doubting yourself and expect to perform.

2/20/13 11:07 AM
Steve4192
213 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TheFapMaster - 

I dont know if he's as big of a douche as he is being portrayed as on the show, but IMO, he could take a couple of pointers from Urijah Hall. At the end of the day, this is not only a competition but an audition for the UFC. If I were Bubba, I would seriously work on trying to be perceived more professionally. Based on what I have seen, he wouldn't be much of a fan favorite at this point, and getting people excited to watch you is half of the battle.

Based on the preview for next week, I'm not sure Hall is a great example. 

At least Bubba is a guy who seems to be universally respected by his training partners.  It sounds like Hall is not well liked in the gym.  I'd much rather have the respect of the people who I train and work with everyday, and Bubba seems to grade out ahead of Hall in that respect.

2/20/13 11:13 AM
The Hacks Murderer
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Steve4192 -
TheFapMaster - 

At least Bubba is a guy who seems to be universally respected by his training partners.  It sounds like Hall is not well liked in the gym.  I'd much rather have the respect of the people who I train and work with everyday, and Bubba seems to grade out ahead of Hall in that respect.

Could you elaborate on your comment about Hall? I missed the preview for next week. Phone Post
2/20/13 11:16 AM
Fly Rodder
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The Hacks Murderer - 
Steve4192 -
TheFapMaster - 

Could you elaborate on your comment about Hall? I missed the preview for next week. Phone Post

Hall pops the tall Brit with a jab and the limey thinks it's too hard.
2/20/13 11:17 AM
FreakDaddy
142 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I could see Bubba get the wildcard fight.....he was not KO'ed or hurt, so I think it will happen......This guy seems to have the physical tools, but he seems to mentally fade in the ring.......Or maybe he is just overconfident........He looks in epic shape......his body fat has to be 5/6%..........So u know he trains hard......
2/20/13 11:32 AM
Iskalainen
48 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Nice to read comments from guys who know and have trained with McDaniel outside of the TUF house. Way too easy to shit on someone when your only impression is based on a select few minutes of a week.
2/20/13 11:43 AM
BlackJesus
84 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TheFapMaster - 
TheMessiah - 
TheFapMaster -

Chris Leben wasn't a fan favorite on the show.. Look at him now Phone Post

True, no denying that but he matured and changed his perception real quick when he got into the UFC. That is when he really developed his fanbase and people wanted to watch him fight. Unfortunately for Leben, he has had some set-backs but the loyal fanbase he developed sticks with him thru think and thin. I dont see Bubba developing a fanbase like that unless he makes some changes. Just my opinion.

He was also one of Ranrys boys, and they did show the crying about his dad trying to make him more human. I think that some people go into the show thinking that they can be the next Kos and get paid because people hate them.

2/20/13 11:46 AM
FreakDaddy
142 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 02/20/13 11:47 AM
Iskalainen - Nice to read comments from guys who know and have trained with McDaniel outside of the TUF house. Way too easy to shit on someone when your only impression is based on a select few minutes of a week.

I bet u have had opinions on fighters, football players, basketball players, ect.....That u have never played or trained with......I think as long as folks are respectful they can have an opinion.......It is part of being a fan.......So, don't be a hypocrite bro........
2/20/13 12:10 PM
WallaWalla
28 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Just don't think he's there mentally to be in UFC. jones even said depends on which bubba shows up (in a previous ep). And Bubba said he felt half fucking retarded in the ring against a young rookie.... That the type of TUF you want coming into your organization? He brings no hype. Phone Post
2/20/13 12:16 PM
virux11b
173 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm sure the guy is alright. The part that bothered me is when he said he was better than that kid. Not that He was better than that fight. I found that to be somewhat douchey. I can understand how he meant it. It just came off bad. Phone Post
2/20/13 8:28 PM
Iskalainen
48 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

FreakDaddy - 
Iskalainen - Nice to read comments from guys who know and have trained with McDaniel outside of the TUF house. Way too easy to shit on someone when your only impression is based on a select few minutes of a week.

I bet u have had opinions on fighters, football players, basketball players, ect.....That u have never played or trained with......I think as long as folks are respectful they can have an opinion.......It is part of being a fan.......So, don't be a hypocrite bro........

Not trying to be a hypocrite or a douche or anything (at least not deliberately). My point was just what I wrote, that it is nice to read what people who know him write. I do form opinions on fighters myself, but also try to stay aware that I've only seen one facet. So I guess I agree with you :)
2/20/13 8:29 PM
FreakDaddy

Iskalainen - 
FreakDaddy - 

Not trying to be a hypocrite or a douche or anything (at least not deliberately). My point was just what I wrote, that it is nice to read what people who know him write. I do form opinions on fighters myself, but also try to stay aware that I've only seen one facet. So I guess I agree with you :)

My bad I misunderstood......I get you now......Sorry bro.......
2/21/13 2:58 PM
Ryan Black
337 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He said that Kelvin was the "first guy to ever compete on that level with him..." and before the fight, Jones & Bubba were going on about how Kelvin was likely to get dominated due to his lack of experience and Bubba being such a well-rounded fighter. I'd like to see Bubba have a chance at the UFC for sure, but I'm not totally convinced he's ready mentally for the step up in competition. I mean- if Kelvin had competed with Bubba on the highest level he'd ever seen before... hopefully he'll be ready to prove himself in the UFC. I wish him the best. Phone Post
2/21/13 3:56 PM
ortman166

My how this thread has turned around since being brought back today Phone Post
2/21/13 4:05 PM
ChaosOverkill
468 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

A Camera is just an amplifier for one's personality and attention desires.

You can kick people's ass without being an ass.

2/21/13 4:24 PM
aaronlynton
98 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Dana said everyone will get a shot Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.