UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Marquardt: I'm the best welterweight in the world

7/15/12 8:21 AM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1247 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

"I really feel like it's my time," Nate Marquardt told MMAjunkie.com following "Strikeforce: Rockhold vs. Kennedy." "I'm one of the best in the world, and actually, I feel like I'm the best in the world, the best welterweight."

"I feel like I'm the best in the world, and that's who I expect I'll be fighting for my next fight – is one of the best in the world."

A few options exist for his next opponent, though it's debatable whether any are out-of-the-box contenders. Welterweight Jordan Mein rebounded from a decision loss to Woodley with a dominating win over Tyler Stinson on the event's preliminary card. Japanese veteran Kazuo Misaki recently outpointed onetime title challenger Paul Daley. And Tarec Saffiedine is 4-1 in the promotion with his only loss coming via decision against Woodley.

But in the division's current state, the pickings appear slim. Strikeforce CEO Scott Coker said matchmaker Sean Shelby has recently acquired new talent, including those "who are champions in different leagues," that will be announced in the coming weeks.

Read entire article...

7/15/12 8:26 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
BenBJJ
270 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Lol.
7/15/12 8:41 AM
Kimbos Bread
122 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

LOL. Let's wait for the piss test.
7/15/12 8:41 AM
gnomejeebus
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Yea guess he forgot about GSP Phone Post
7/15/12 8:47 AM
Egorr10

Lol. I think even bendo could have his way with him Phone Post
7/15/12 9:08 AM
Petey B
22 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Quite a statement from someone who has had a very up and down career and just had a win over a good, but certainly not great, fighter.
7/15/12 9:09 AM
UGCTT_Fraser_Finlay
224 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

His KO last night was unbeleivable.

The combo he landed was just perfect in every way, but I don't think he would do very well against guys like GSP. After all, Woodley was able to hold him down for a while and even badly hurt him on the feet a few times, imagine what GSP would do.

He put on a great show last night and was undeniably impressive, but I'm going to hold off calling him the best WW in the world for now... Phone Post
7/15/12 9:10 AM
UGCTT_Listen to Rush
92 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

We need marq on the OG Phone Post
7/15/12 9:18 AM
Oblivious
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Cos I'm T.R.T.
I'm Dynamite
T.R.T.
And I'll win the fight
T.R.T.
I'm a power-load
T.R.T.
Watch me Explode

7/15/12 9:28 AM
inf0
320 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

he was definitely the greatest WW of the night

7/15/12 9:29 AM
FadeToBlack

GSP and Nate know each other and trained together.

He's fully aware of his buddy GSP when making this statement.
7/15/12 9:40 AM
sockeye
222 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

7/15/12 9:42 AM
sockeye
222 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I don't knock a fighter for having confidence in his abilities and striving to be the best. His statement might be a hyperbole, but that's fine. He's a game fighter who puts on nice scraps for us fans
7/15/12 9:54 AM
Dickierock
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Oblivious - Cos I'm T.R.T.
I'm Dynamite
T.R.T.
And I'll win the fight
T.R.T.
I'm a power-load
T.R.T.
Watch me Explode

Lol well done sir Phone Post
7/15/12 9:59 AM
Sex Chicken
995 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He looked great last night. He's not an easy fight for anyone in the top ten.
7/15/12 10:01 AM
JOESONDO
71 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He's simply excited after his win. He looked good and I don't think it's stretch to call him one of the best at welterweight. The best? Probably not but we won't know until after they merge the UFC and Strikeforce or he returns to the big show. For the time being he is the biggest fish in a small pond. Phone Post
7/15/12 10:07 AM
dannybjj
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Not sure what else i would expect him to say. Top ten? Probably so. #1 in the world? Not even close. Phone Post
7/15/12 10:08 AM
Jaybrone
523 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I thought he was off the trt? Not that it matters it's all over mma. Phone Post
7/15/12 10:13 AM
dannybjj
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

http://www.fightmagazine.com/mma-rankings/mma-welterweight-rankings.asp
Fight magazine doesnt even think he is top 100. Unless i missed his name in that list. Phone Post
7/15/12 10:30 AM
JOESONDO
71 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

That was his first fight at welterweight. Safe to say he is higher than Woolley on the list.
7/15/12 10:30 AM
sadisticsoldier
18 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

dannybjj - http://www.fightmagazine.com/mma-rankings/mma-welterweight-rankings.asp<br>Fight magazine doesnt even think he is top 100. Unless i missed his name in that list.

This was his debut match in the weight class. So no you didn't miss his name on that list. You just missed a whole lot of other stuff.
7/15/12 10:34 AM
dannybjj

sadisticsoldier -
dannybjj - http://www.fightmagazine.com/mma-rankings/mma-welterweight-rankings.asp<br>Fight magazine doesnt even think he is top 100. Unless i missed his name in that list.

This was his debut match in the weight class. So no you didn't miss his name on that list. You just missed a whole lot of other stuff.
Lmao. Good catch. Obviously a guy who has never fought at 170 wouldn't be on a 170 list. But carry on Mr almighty. Phone Post
7/15/12 10:53 AM
orcus

"Lol. I think even bendo could have his way with him"

Yeah? How do you figure?
7/15/12 10:59 AM
sadisticsoldier
18 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

dannybjj - 
sadisticsoldier -

Lmao. Good catch. Obviously a guy who has never fought at 170 wouldn't be on a 170 list. But carry on Mr almighty.

Guess since your last smartass comment was proved to be a dumbass comment, you had to try again. Well congrats. This time you are correct. I am in fact Mr. Almighty. I have the cape and the omnipotence to prove it. I'll show you sometime, but right now I'm busy watching my soaps.
7/15/12 11:00 AM
rosario00

Lmfao at best in the world Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.