UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> UFC PAY??

7/16/12 3:00 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Humphrey
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 07/16/12 3:00 AM
we just need morons like mmalogic making more threads talking about how bad the pay system is at the UFC, even though he knows absolutely nothing about what the fighters actually make.

Thanks for putting this out there creepy. But 'the geek' is right. people will ignore this thread and complain about what they don't know anyway

Thankfully we still have guys like you around here.
7/16/12 3:02 AM
UGCTT_UncleCreepy
1066 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

www.UncleCreepyMMA.com, UGCTT President
RockyBullwinkle - Creepy, does it bother you to see 126 lb featherweiights like Mikey Garcia, Orlando Salido, and Juan Manuel Lopez getting paid do much more than MMA fighters at your own weight? Those three have made purses of $350,000 each in the last 2 years. And that excludes endorsements.

No cause im 0-1-1 technically in the UFC... even though the AC fucked up in Australia and i shoulda beat DJ to a pulp in the 4th, for the first time in UFC history a sudden death round live on FX..

i said i would win in sudden death via mortal kombat finish, someone messed up and dana has taken care of me big time for that.

but soon enough i will be making that type of $ i just gotta put my fists down everyone elses face first :)
7/16/12 3:02 AM
WatchinMMA

Paid poster Phone Post
7/16/12 3:04 AM
UGCTT_UncleCreepy
1066 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 07/16/12 3:06 AM
when is it gonna be fixed wheere u can edit and it doesnt make everything so confusing lol

i gotta win my next fight, and it will be very entertaining :)
7/16/12 3:05 AM
MMALOGIC

Edited: 07/16/12 3:15 AM
UGCTT_UncleCreepy - 
MMALOGIC - 

you do know sponsors pay monthly right? i get over 5k a month thanks to the UFC to train by sponsors, than the UFC pays me to fight and put on a performance..

where is the problem? if i do my job i get paid, and im a 125'r
The problem is... 2/3ds of what you make (non sponsors) shouldnt be represented by what you do for the next 15 minutes....  2/3rds of what you make should be represented by what you have already done... this way you can better focus on actually performing... knowing that you've already earned at least 2/3rds of your pay.

if you were previously a successful entrpereneur, commissioned salesperson or bartender/waiter type who largley made money on tips then you'd be fine and thrive in the current pay climate... but you'd also be in the minority. 

In general fighters do not fit this profile.  They would perform much better of 2/3rds of their total potential pay represented show money.

Im not saying Zuffa should increase it's total payout... i know they take care of the fighters... im saying they should structure and distribute it differently in order to get the best performances out of their talent.

Imagine if Celine Dion had to earn 2/3rds of her potential pay depending on what she did during that nights performance and based on what some bald headed nitwit thought?

You think she would perform better in that situation?  hell no... neither would basketball, baseball, football players or in general any other type of athlete...the vast majority of the population would perform worse.

7/16/12 3:13 AM
UGCTT_UncleCreepy

they pay you to do your job, i did my job twice people were entertained and i got paid a lot more than what i was supposed to get paid...

i signed a contract to fight for a certain amount of money and they paid me almost 10x the amount i signed for based off my performance, they didnt have too? dana just did.
7/16/12 3:15 AM
AndersonSilvasMoney
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

And Creepy clearly feels the current pay structure is fine, so why try and convince him of something that he is actually experiencing when you're going off conjecture and assumptions about how fighters perceive their incentives.
7/16/12 3:16 AM
UGCTT_BlahBreh
72 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Thrills!
7/16/12 3:19 AM
Nameless1

WatchinMMA - Paid poster Phone Post
. Phone Post
7/16/12 3:19 AM
Standup29

MMALOGIC -
UGCTT_UncleCreepy - 
MMALOGIC - 

you do know sponsors pay monthly right? i get over 5k a month thanks to the UFC to train by sponsors, than the UFC pays me to fight and put on a performance..

where is the problem? if i do my job i get paid, and im a 125'r
The problem is... 2/3ds of what you make (non sponsors) shouldnt be represented by what you do for the next 15 minutes....  2/3rds of what you make should be represented by what you have already done... this way you can better focus on actually performing... knowing that you've already earned at least 2/3rds of your pay.

if you were previously a successful entrpereneur, commissioned salesperson or bartender/waiter type who largley made money on tips then you'd be fine and thrive in the current pay climate... but you'd also be in the minority. 

In general fighters do not fit this profile.  They would perform much better of 2/3rds of their total potential pay represented show money.

Im not saying Zuffa should increase it's total payout... i know they take care of the fighters... im saying they should structure and distribute it differently in order to get the best performances out of their talent.

Imagine if Celine Dion had to earn 2/3rds of her potential pay depending on what she did during that nights performance and based on what some bald headed nitwit thought?

You think she would perform better in that situation?  hell no... neither would basketball, baseball, football players or in general any other type of athlete...the vast majority of the population would perform worse.

I grasp your passionate about this topic but it seems you're complaining but the fighters are not. In this case you have a fighter telling you he gets paid very well and understands the risks that come with being a professional fighter.

If guys weren't paid to perform you would see more just coast through fights. Why dig that little bit deeper when it's financially not worth it? Saying this does not mean I don't think the fighters are not deserving of more money. We all want them to get paid more. But there is a smart way to pay out and a dumb way. Look to affliction for the easiest example. Better to see less and have stability then see more and be broke in a year or two.

If you think there is a better way to do this, by all means either get a job with a big promotion or start up your own. I don't mean that in a dick way. If you truly think your pay structure would make for better fights through all the reasons you named, you will be successful. You seem like a smart guy and no doubt you'd get support (views) from us (ug). Phone Post
7/16/12 3:21 AM
MMALOGIC

Edited: 07/16/12 3:31 AM
UGCTT_UncleCreepy - they pay you to do your job, i did my job twice people were entertained and i got paid a lot more than what i was supposed to get paid...

i signed a contract to fight for a certain amount of money and they paid me almost 10x the amount i signed for based off my performance, they didnt have too? dana just did.

Would you have fought any worse if you didnt make 10 times what was on your contract?  based on your past great fights at tachi palace, the answer is likely a resounding NO...

Which supports my argument that the current pay structure is largely unproductive and wastefull in how it's currently distributed.

It's wastefull because there are already so many built in incentives for fighters to perform... that money is better spent in giving fighters security so they can better perform...

and im not talking about monthly paychecks from sponsors to give you "security"... im talking about going through a training camp and entering the octogan knowing 2/3rds of your potential pay is already secured and performing at that comfort level.
7/16/12 3:24 AM
UGCTT_UncleCreepy

MMALOGIC - 
UGCTT_UncleCreepy - they pay you to do your job, i did my job twice people were entertained and i got paid a lot more than what i was supposed to get paid...

Would you have fought any worse if you didnt make 10 times what was on your contract?  based on your past great fights at tachi palace, the answer is likely a resounding NO...

Which supports my argument that the current pay structure is largely unproductive and wastefull in how it's currently distributed.

so if you worked a telemarketing job in a cubicle and made 0 dials you should get paid or promoted?

no, same with my job, i get paid more based off my performance, i understand this when i sign a contract and the UFC has changed my life with the way they pay me and i thought i would share that with you.
7/16/12 3:30 AM
UGCTT_UncleCreepy

There is no argument, they paid me almost 10x more than what i signed for..

thats what im telling you haha if you do your job, you get paid, if you dont than you get the minimum.

just like any other job, except i can fight infront of millions of people and love every second of it and make over 80,000$

not a typical job you know?
7/16/12 3:32 AM
KZTT_W85
66 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Wow, a fighter who is making a living in this game says we get paid alot more than the fans think. Monthly sponsorship pay and things are great.

I'm a creepy fan but as he himself stated, his UFC record is currently modest and he still feels well taken care of.

Still not enough to satisfy some, my god!! Phone Post
7/16/12 3:35 AM
Hemlock
145 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

NOW what is my ridiculously amateur angle going to be????

- Josh Gross
7/16/12 3:35 AM
UGCTT_BlahBreh
72 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

KZTT_W85 - Wow, a fighter who is making a living in this game says we get paid alot more than the fans think. Monthly sponsorship pay and things are great.

I'm a creepy fan but as he himself stated, his UFC record is currently modest and he still feels well taken care of.

Seriously he's made over 6 figures this year off 2 fights and comes on here to explain and 1 Dude cannot grasp it!!

UFC pays way more than what you see on your computer screen, stop being a retard and just read what ian has said already! Phone Post
7/16/12 3:42 AM
jmont

TTT Phone Post
7/16/12 3:42 AM
MMALOGIC

Edited: 07/16/12 3:49 AM
UGCTT_UncleCreepy - 
MMALOGIC - 

so if you worked a telemarketing job in a cubicle and made 0 dials you should get paid or promoted?

no, same with my job, i get paid more based off my performance, i understand this when i sign a contract and the UFC has changed my life with the way they pay me and i thought i would share that with you.

a telemarketing job has a 90% burn rate and turnover...  the vast majority of the population crash and burn in such a stressfull financial situation.... which is my point.  in general fighters do not perform their best in a telemarketing type of pay structure. 

Im not saying you should complain...  or be unhappy.  im not saying zuffa doesnt take care of the talent... im saying in my opinion they do it in a way that may produce loyalty but at the cost of an inferior product.

You fought with the same passion and excitement at tachi palace making alot less...  which means the Zuffa pay structure is wastefull and unproductive.   

There are already more than enough incentives for fighters to perform.  They dont need any more motivation or incentive... they need secuirty and comfort. 

it's a waste for zuffa to spend so much money on even more incentives where clearly it has very little effect on performance when they could spend that money on giving fighters a more comfortable environment which in my opinion would have a much more significant impact on performance.

I want fighters to know 2/3rds of their potential pay is secure once they are through a training camp and step foot into the octogan.

This is my payroll Jihad...  not only for the benefit of the fighters, but most importantly an improved product for me as a fan.  Less financial stress for the fighters means better performances.  Knowing you've secured 2/3rds of your potential pay once you step foot into the octogan means significantly less financial stress for the fighters. 
7/16/12 3:43 AM
Humphrey

Client 9 - Bro, Creepy came on here and brought a LOT of value to the table starting this conversation.
Provided 1st hand information (the most valuable commodity in the world).

Dumping all over this thread = not cool.

lol he doesn't listen. he's on a quest. no way he's going to let things like facts, and first hand accounts by someone who knows what he pretends to know get in the way.

lol
7/16/12 3:43 AM
UGCTT_UncleCreepy

KZTT_W85 - Wow, a fighter who is making a living in this game says we get paid alot more than the fans think. Monthly sponsorship pay and things are great.

ya given the fact i have only fought 1 person and IMO we are 1-1 but my opinion doesn't matter, my record does.

i have to win, and i will win, ill beat the shit out of my next oppoenent, im just saying UFC pay is amazing its changed my life.
7/16/12 3:46 AM
war wand
33 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Attn Ian:

sup brah
7/16/12 3:48 AM
UGCTT_UncleCreepy

war wand - Attn Ian:

sup brah

sup pal
7/16/12 3:49 AM
AndersonSilvasMoney
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Humphrey - 
Client 9 - Bro, Creepy came on here and brought a LOT of value to the table starting this conversation.
Provided 1st hand information (the most valuable commodity in the world).

Dumping all over this thread = not cool.

lol he doesn't listen. he's on a quest. no way he's going to let things like facts, and first hand accounts by someone who knows what he pretends to know get in the way.

lol

MMALOGIC knows what's best for the fighters - even better than the fighters themselves.
7/16/12 3:54 AM
Greenup
34 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

War CREEPY!!! Phone Post
7/16/12 3:54 AM
UGCTT_UncleCreepy

we get paid to do a job, if we do it we get a bonus that is bigger than what most people make in a year, i feel very fortunate to be able to accomplish my goals and make that type of $ to provide for my family at the same time.

its a dream job for me!

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.