UnderGround Forums

LegalGround >> help on charges

7/16/12 3:39 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
TheeSenator
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

arrested over the weekend for pointing a weapon (misdemeanor), but I didn't have a weapon... Wacko charge, but since they said I did it, the officer had to arrest me. The police report is very favorable, stated that I nor my property (hotel room) had no weapon, I was compliant, and not under the influence of anything.

It seems like I shouldn't worry, but of course I got arrested (first time ever) and I am not akin to courts... So any input?

Thanks guys. 
7/17/12 4:56 PM
jbapk
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The main thing is to get with a lawyer ASAP.

Other then that brainstorm if you have any favorable witnesses, was there a camera that might have recorded it, were there any locations where there might have been witnesses, things like that.
7/19/12 5:47 PM
Cookie Monster
54 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

jbapk - The main thing is to get with a lawyer ASAP.

Other then that brainstorm if you have any favorable witnesses, was there a camera that might have recorded it, were there any locations where there might have been witnesses, things like that.

This. On all points.
7/20/12 12:31 PM
TheeSenator
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Got a good lawyer, hopefully this will work itself out and the DA won't press charges. Phone Post
7/25/12 5:13 PM
Cookie Monster
54 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Update us please as things develop.
7/25/12 7:14 PM
TheeSenator

DA filed yesterday.

A felony PDW.

Hosed. Big time. Phone Post
7/26/12 6:54 PM
jbapk

These situations can take a while to play out, just because charges have been filed early on doesn't mean the DA will stick with the case.
7/27/12 5:26 PM
Cookie Monster

You will get a preliminary hearing soon. You will learn a great deal about the case against you then.
8/12/12 3:52 AM
Fake Pie
32 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Wow.
8/12/12 10:22 PM
jbapk

Shit, this is the guy who killed himself right?
8/13/12 11:30 AM
Cookie Monster

updates please
8/14/12 10:08 PM
WikiTheWalrus
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Yeah, this is the guy.
8/16/12 2:26 PM
kartman2k

Bullshit. It takes 12 people to convict you beyond a reasonable doubt. Presumption of innocence is with you. I don't seeing 12 people believing the prosecution unless you left something out.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.