UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Marquardt: I'll fight GSP if it comes to that

7/17/12 12:00 AM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1075 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

After his victory, Marquardt declared that he indeed is the best welterweight in the world. Though there are certain 170-pounders in the UFC who may have something to say about that, specifically division kingpin Georges St. Pierre, whom Marquardt has trained with down at Jackson-Winkeljohns Mixed Martial Arts. When asked if he would ever have a problem facing "Rush," Marquardt said if it came down to it, he would have no issues stepping into the cage with him:

"I have competed everywhere in the world and I know my skills and abilities. Of course, I have to prove that I am the best, but I truly feel that I am the best. You got believe you are the best if you are the fighter. If you don't believe you're the best, then why are you doing it, you know? I got to believe that, and of course I believe I am better than everyone else, so. It's not a shot at Georges, personally. You, know, we have talked about it, but we will have to cross that bridge when we get there. It's, we know it is a possibility so. Yes, if that's, how it has to be, then so be it."

transcribed by MMAMania.com...

7/17/12 12:03 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Bill Pharoni
28 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Good. It's a matchup that would be worth watching too.
7/17/12 12:06 AM
ausgepicht
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Brazilians take note. 
7/17/12 12:06 AM
MediumRareMistake
27 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

GSP would spank Nate IMO Phone Post
7/17/12 12:08 AM
FadeToBlack

GSP would lay a HUGE beat down to the viewing fans if they ever fought.
7/17/12 12:13 AM
despot76

What about Rory vs Nate? I wouldn't mind watching that. I think Rory would dominate, but might make for good tv. Phone Post
7/17/12 12:15 AM
SleepBomb

and all the SF champs are going to fight ufc champs. yep. gonna happen.
7/17/12 12:16 AM
timmyfront
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I always want Nate to do good but it seems like when he gets a big shot, he blows it.
7/17/12 12:17 AM
12ealdeal

despot76 - What about Rory vs Nate? I wouldn't mind watching that. I think Rory would dominate, but might make for good tv. Phone Post
Dis Phone Post
7/17/12 12:19 AM
mwmhong
32 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

GSP by takedown city Phone Post
7/17/12 12:20 AM
nightkap
76 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If nate fights anything like he did sat night. I think he'd give GSP a good fight. Phone Post
7/17/12 12:23 AM
Another Foob
19 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

dustin dustin - If he couldnt beat chael, why does he think he can beat a younger, faster, more explosive, better striking version of chael who happens to have better mma wrestling and a blackbelt in jujitsu?

GSP would beat everyone in the division nate got ran out of.

Nate didn't get run out of the division. I think most of us were pretty surprised by his decision to drop.
7/17/12 12:23 AM
MMAologist
33 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I have no more love for Nate. His whole "I'm off TRT now" situation seems so suspect. He was sooooo much bigger than Woodley that I actually felt bad for him. Not like Rumble vs Spaniard bad, but still.. Now one fight he's the WORLD'S best? Cmon bro. Humble yourself

He's still juicing IMO. Just my opinion, not bashing Phone Post
7/17/12 12:25 AM
The Other Persian
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Nate looked good. Think he matches up against GSP better than Diaz or Condit. Phone Post
7/17/12 12:30 AM
Matrixkick
43 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He couldn't handle GSP's wrestling when he was much bigger. How does he think that's changed. Sorry Nate I like you but it seems somewhat delusional to me. Respect for having the courage to say it I guess. Phone Post
7/17/12 12:33 AM
RealTerry

There is a lot of good fights at 170 for Marquardt
7/17/12 12:37 AM
Humphrey

see to me he makes it clear he doesn't think he's the best. "You got believe you are the best if you are the fighter. If you don't believe you're the best, then why are you doing it, you know?"

to me that sounds like he's trying to justify saying he thinks he's the best. not declaring that he is.

I dunno, just me. he'd get creamed by GSP anyway, it would be terrible
7/17/12 12:43 AM
KZTT_FawkingxD
110 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

nate got out boxed by okami, so...

GSP would frustrate the crap out of Nate, and i don't think nate would out wrestle gsp, so GSP by any means necesarry, but most likely UD.

thoughts?
7/17/12 12:44 AM
RealTerry

Humphrey - see to me he makes it clear he doesn't think he's the best. "You got believe you are the best if you are the fighter. If you don't believe you're the best, then why are you doing it, you know?"

to me that sounds like he's trying to justify saying he thinks he's the best. not declaring that he is.

I dunno, just me. he'd get creamed by GSP anyway, it would be terrible

Who is GSP "creaming" lately? GSP isnt hurting anyone, Marquardt would do fine against him. GSP would outwrestle him to a decision
7/17/12 1:11 AM
orcus

"You need to be great at more than 1 skill to fight gsp"

He's a blackbelt with KO power and strong wrestling.
7/17/12 1:16 AM
huggy bear

despot76 - What about Rory vs Nate? I wouldn't mind watching that. I think Rory would dominate, but might make for good tv. Phone Post
This is a great idea cause if Nate or rory wins you could build good story lines heading into title fight with GSP Phone Post
7/17/12 1:20 AM
kinson

I think GSP needs to fight sometime... Phone Post
7/17/12 1:22 AM
ortman166

dustin dustin - If he couldnt beat chael, why does he think he can beat a younger, faster, more explosive, better striking version of chael who happens to have better mma wrestling and a blackbelt in jujitsu?

Lol no. Phone Post
7/17/12 1:27 AM
Musashi
155 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

After four failed attempts in the UFC to deal with his hormonal problems and play by the rules, I hope he stays at strikefarce.
7/17/12 1:28 AM
FedorEmilioEstevez
49 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

dustin dustin - If he couldnt beat chael, why does he think he can beat a younger, faster, more explosive, better striking version of chael who happens to have better mma wrestling and a blackbelt in jujitsu?

Haha lol at GSP beating any top 10 middleweights Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.