UnderGround Forums

S&C UnderGround >> Pullup Contest

7/19/12 11:26 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
jeremy hamilton
220 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

vermonter - Boo @ lat/shoulder trouble.

Ya it sucks. I am laying off the lat work and doing a ton of external rotation exercises. It is helping.
7/19/12 12:43 PM
vermonter
117 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

jeremy hamilton - 
vermonter - Boo @ lat/shoulder trouble.

Ya it sucks. I am laying off the lat work and doing a ton of external rotation exercises. It is helping.

Yeah, the internal rotaters easily overpower the external rotators... Good luck with it dude.
7/19/12 2:45 PM
shootfighterbull
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Did 18 wide grip hands forward yesterday. Dead hang, of course. I plan on really beasting this contest. Phone Post
7/19/12 3:11 PM
Taku
159 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Okay...Not trying to cheat, but I mentioned my best effort above. It was not current. Right now I can do about 10 full ROM dead hang, no kip.

TAKU
7/19/12 3:15 PM
vermonter
117 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Taku -  Okay...Not trying to cheat, but I mentioned my best effort above. It was not current. Right now I can do about 10 full ROM dead hang, no kip.

TAKU

You're probably the last person that would cheat on something like this haha.

My best was either 14ish reps at 240 lbs or 18 reps at 200 lbs.

Would like to exceed my best for this contest, although i will clearly not win.
7/19/12 3:16 PM
vermonter

shootfighterbull - Did 18 wide grip hands forward yesterday. Dead hang, of course. I plan on really beasting this contest. Phone Post

Haha, good luck my man. You have some stiff competition on this thread.
7/19/12 3:40 PM
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Three categories: most pullups, most tonnage and most improvement?
7/19/12 3:44 PM
vermonter

419 - Three categories: most pullups, most tonnage and most improvement?

That's what i was thinking, but most tonnage winner will probably be the most pullups winner, unless jeremy decides to quit powerlifting and annihilate leigh. Also, most improvement will only be for those who have posted their current weight and max bodyweight reps.
7/19/12 3:46 PM
turducken

i think the contest should be video-verified entries only. otherwise count me in for 45 reps and the trophy
7/19/12 3:58 PM
vermonter

turducken - i think the contest should be video-verified entries only. otherwise count me in for 45 reps and the trophy

You know, i was just thinking that in order to WIN, a video is required.

I don't want to remove the honor system though. This is a good way to get motivated for me and hopefully others, and i don't want people not to join just because they can't video it. BUT, maybe to win it's required....

What do you guys think?
7/19/12 4:01 PM
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 07/19/12 4:00 PM
We should drug test too, because there is so much at stake.
7/19/12 4:03 PM
vermonter

419 - We should drug test too, because there is so much at stake.

Maybe i'm putting down a grand for the winner. You don't know.
7/19/12 4:07 PM
turducken

not that there is anything at stake, but its kind of hard to have a meaningful competition without any proof. it doesn't really matter in the end, but it makes it less fun(in my opinion).
7/19/12 4:10 PM
jeremy hamilton
220 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Videos are fun. Should be needed to win.

If it's most improved I am gonna post my video of failing doing 2 pullups right now...
7/19/12 4:11 PM
vermonter

turducken - 

not that there is anything at stake, but its kind of hard to have a meaningful competition without any proof. it doesn't really matter in the end, but it makes it less fun(in my opinion).

Plus i want to see a vid of the beast that wins with 30 or more pullups in good form.
7/19/12 4:12 PM

If nothing is at stake, how is it a meaningful competition?
7/19/12 4:14 PM
paw
1540 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

vermonter - 
turducken - i think the contest should be video-verified entries only. otherwise count me in for 45 reps and the trophy

I don't want to remove the honor system though. This is a good way to get motivated for me and hopefully others, and i don't want people not to join just because they can't video it. BUT, maybe to win it's required....

What do you guys think?

Video to win sounds reasonable. 

Although if I happen to have the winning numbers in any of the categories I will likely submit a picture drawn by my 3 year old niece in lieu of a video. ;)
7/19/12 4:14 PM
vermonter

Edited: 07/19/12 4:15 PM
jeremy hamilton - Videos are fun. Should be needed to win.

If it's most improved I am gonna post my video of failing doing 2 pullups right now...

Most improved was just a possible sub-category to make it fun for more people.

And plus we know you can do more than that. You'd probably beat most of the guys here even if your busted up arm ended up falling off and you could only use the other arm.

That said, it's settled: To WIN this contest, you MUST post a video of your effort. However, to participate, a video is not necessary, but is welcome!
7/19/12 4:15 PM
vermonter

The bigger font was for Leigh and Taku ;)
7/19/12 4:42 PM
HERTSWENIP
65 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

419 - Three categories: most pullups, most tonnage and most improvement?

in that case, I weigh 200lbs, and I can currently do 2 pullups :)
7/19/12 4:44 PM
vermonter

paw - 
vermonter - 

What do you guys think?

Video to win sounds reasonable. 

Although if I happen to have the winning numbers in any of the categories I will likely submit a picture drawn by my 3 year old niece in lieu of a video. ;)

You're at least in a tie for first place for the "participant with the shortest screen name" award.
7/19/12 4:46 PM
HERTSWENIP
65 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

vermonter- strict controlled tempo like the guy in the video? Thats how I currently do them, but could prob get more reps off if I sped it up and had more body english.
7/19/12 4:51 PM
vermonter

HERTSWENIP - vermonter- strict controlled tempo like the guy in the video? Thats how I currently do them, but could prob get more reps off if I sped it up and had more body english.

I'll be doing them with more speed than in the vid. Obviously excessive swinging and such will be cause for DQ, but I think a faster rep will be fine for form and allow for more reps.
7/19/12 5:48 PM
Crw
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Im in , I'm not sure how many I can do at the moment . I'm in the the gym tomorrow , I'll see where I'm at . Phone Post
7/19/12 6:02 PM
1800champagne

I'm in. Just did 10 @ 182 lbs. I've done 20 at the same or higher bodyweight in the past, so I expect to hit 20 again. Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.