UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Filming for 'TUF: The Smashes' gets underway

7/18/12 1:21 PM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1130 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

Dana White and the UFC have been over to Sydney to help kick off proceedings for The Ultimate Fighter: The Smashes, where a team of UK lightweights and welterweights meet their Australian adversaries.

Filming has begun for the show, and the promos are underway.

Ross Pearson will be heading up the UK team, and he'll be up against George Sotiropoulos. They'll meet at lightweight after the show has finished. Full details on that are here.

The show is scheduled to air in September in the UK.

The list of competitors isn't in the public domain yet.

Read entire article...

The name The Smashes™ is a play on the 130 year-old cricket rivalry between the UK and Australia called "The Ashes."

7/18/12 1:30 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
MMALOGIC
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 07/18/12 1:34 PM
 Zuffa just finalized a new 2 year deal with foxtel which will get tuf aus vs uk on FX, 6 events on fox sports, a ton of content continues on fuel and the ppv's on the main event channel.

foxtel is available in aprox 30% of the homes homes in Australia which has roughly 8 million homes.  They are estimated to be in over 50% of australian homes which would make them similar to "sky" in the UK.

Now if only Zuffa could get a similar deal with another fox organization in the UK (sky).

7/18/12 1:33 PM
disbeliever
338 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mixed Martial Arts LLC, Moderator
They should get the wiggles to walk out with a fighter
7/18/12 2:20 PM
CagePotato
81 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Is it true that the coaches' challenge for this season will be sheep-fucking?
7/18/12 5:27 PM
sevit86

Been a fan of pearson's for awhile. dude always comes to fight and is a class act.

def gonna be watching
7/18/12 5:41 PM
Paradiso

CagePotato - Is it true that the coaches' challenge for this season will be sheep-fucking?

How would they declare a winner?

In sheep-fucking everyone loses.
7/18/12 5:47 PM
UGCTT_45forever
361 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Paradiso -
CagePotato - Is it true that the coaches' challenge for this season will be sheep-fucking?

How would they declare a winner?

In sheep-fucking everyone loses.
Meh,i disagree,sheep are plenty thankful. Phone Post
7/18/12 7:34 PM
chaplinshouse
716 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

it's like he sat in the tat chair and said "give me the tribal douche #4 please.  And don't skimp on the Sylvia"
7/18/12 7:36 PM
OneTesticledMoneyLaunderer
293 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

hmm brits vs aussies

i'm going to go out on a limb here and say both sides bring zero wrestling and very little ground game

then, later on, when they face someone with some wrasslin they get steamrolled
7/19/12 12:45 AM
AZKIEL
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

First series of TUF with both coaches coming in on losses?
7/19/12 12:52 AM
inf0
307 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

You'd think Zuffa would want to limit the number of Brits they get on contract. Dental plans alone might sink the mighty ship.
7/19/12 12:59 AM
BrunoMcGyver
247 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Pearson reminds me a bit of Gordon Ramsay with tatts
7/19/12 1:00 AM
KZTT_Hocky Balboa
8031 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

chaplinshouse - it's like he sat in the tat chair and said "give me the tribal douche #4 please.  And don't skimp on the Sylvia"
Hilarious! Can't stop laughing at the "don't skimp on the Sylvia." Phone Post
7/19/12 1:24 AM
Loadin76
1002 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Holy Hell that made me laugh!
7/19/12 1:26 AM
Loadin76
1002 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

chaplinshouse - it's like he sat in the tat chair and said "give me the tribal douche #4 please.  And don't skimp on the Sylvia"

Jesus you're killin me here!! LMFAO

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.