UnderGround Forums

Judo/Sambo UnderGround >> Wow, no Olympics for Tangriev...

7/19/12 11:43 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Seong gyeong
28 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

http://sport.uzreport.com/borba.cgi?lan=e&id=99545

And it sounds like not only will he miss the Olympics, but other IJF competitions for the next 2 years. For "traces" of marijuana? I'm not a marijuana proponent, but that is bullshit. It's not like he's young. Not sure he has another Olympics left in him.

Maybe I don't have the full story but this sounds Draconian to me.
7/20/12 8:55 AM
judoblackbelt
26 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He even admitted it. WOW. I am sure his countrymen are at a complete loss. This will really open the door for Mihalin(Russia) to medal.
7/20/12 5:59 PM
judom
120 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

i assume noone can replace him now ?
7/22/12 1:23 AM
JoshuaResnick
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

it isnt draconian or BS at all.. marijuana is a banned substance, it IS a performance enhancing chemical, period. the dumbest crap i hear on this site is how weed isnt a PED because all it does is CALM YOU DOWN and make you HUNGRY...

well, no SHIT.. you don't think that being CALMED DOWN is an enhancement for people who tend to have anxiety issues or extreme nerves in competitive moments? sure, for people who don't have these issues, or for people who don't train hard and just smoke out, marijuana might have a certain impact... but for people who do train their asses off and have issues with anxiety, etc then it certainly does help them focus and stay calm under pressure.... no doubt about it.

bottom line is simple.. he knew, he goddamn well effin knew, that it was an illegal substance. and, the real kicker is that it isnt illegal out of competition, but only IN COMPETITION... so that means he tested positive for it at either the European Championships or another tournament...

idiot.
7/22/12 2:20 PM
Seong gyeong
28 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Marijuana might have some performance enhancing benefits, but the main issue I have is the severity of the punishment: no judo for 2 years.
7/23/12 3:11 PM
judoblackbelt
26 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

To me missing the Olympics is punishment enough when you had an excellent chance to medal again.
7/24/12 4:57 PM
Dire
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

JoshuaResnick - it isnt draconian or BS at all.. marijuana is a banned substance, it IS a performance enhancing chemical, period. the dumbest crap i hear on this site is how weed isnt a PED because all it does is CALM YOU DOWN and make you HUNGRY...

well, no SHIT.. you don't think that being CALMED DOWN is an enhancement for people who tend to have anxiety issues or extreme nerves in competitive moments? sure, for people who don't have these issues, or for people who don't train hard and just smoke out, marijuana might have a certain impact... but for people who do train their asses off and have issues with anxiety, etc then it certainly does help them focus and stay calm under pressure.... no doubt about it.

bottom line is simple.. he knew, he goddamn well effin knew, that it was an illegal substance. and, the real kicker is that it isnt illegal out of competition, but only IN COMPETITION... so that means he tested positive for it at either the European Championships or another tournament...

idiot.

Quite the post you got there Josh..

Honestly, you really think he was smoking it right before comp? I've played semi pro paintball, back in 03-04, we had a full ride, and I cant tell you how many games could have gone either way because of getting high before tourneys.. Sometimes you play really good, sometimes terrible, so we made it a thing not to smoke, and just play. point is, people that smoke pot in most cases ARNT going to be getting high before a comp, so what, he smokes on his off time? will his nerves be still calm during comp if he smokes on his off time? Thats the stupidist thing i've heard on here to say its a PED, LOL man, grow the fuck up and educate yourself on the subject, even if he smoked before a comp, its not gonna settle his nerves better then others, LOL,

wow
8/4/12 4:50 AM
JoshuaResnick
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Dire. you are an idiot. for reasons...

1. you are comparing your garbage 1-2 year little paintball experiences to an Olympic Judoka....

2. for you to think that somehow removing anxiety and calming nerves is not performance enhancing.

3. for you to assume he did not smoke it before he competed. the rules are simple, you fool. you compete and are tested the same day. the testers do not let the athlete out of their sight from the moment they are done competing until the sample is sent off. there is NO WAY he was banned for a sample taken at a later time when marijuana is not illegal in and out of competition setting.

4. suggesting that the active ingredients in marijuana cannot improve performance.. hmph, okay.. so, answer me this, don't you think that people like Nick Diaz who smoke out all the time do it for the exact reasons I listed above... don't you think that in his NORMAL and NATURAL state he would be a total wreck of nerves and anxiety-- thus, the marijuana allows him to relax and think/respond for clearly without the nerves.. thus, it enhances one's performance by removing anxiety. yea, i'd say that enhances performance.

idiot.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.