UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Boetsch: I know I can submit Silva

7/23/12 11:51 PM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1197 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

"For me, when a guy runs his mouth and there's high expectations, it's part of fighting. I've find that I'm kind of the opposite of that. I wanna perform, and maybe that's why I'm not on the radar, and everybody's not talking about me. But, if I beat enough people, it's gonna be hard to ignore me, and it's gonna be hard to deny me that title shot. I'm not sure who they're gonna put in front of me, after a win over Hector, after a win over Okami, but whoever they put in front of me, next, I'll get the win.

I think I match up great (with Anderson Silva). He struggles with wrestlers, and I'm a wrestler that also can do a lot of damage with my fists and kicks and submissions. I haven't been showing my submission game much, but we'll save that for the world championship. If I need to submit Anderson Silva, I know I can."

transcribed by MMAMania.com...

7/23/12 11:59 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Radio Raheem
1333 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

7/24/12 12:00 AM
yellow wrkahlc
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm still not convinced with this guy.

His come from behind victory over Okami, and his lackluster-backtracking against Lombard has me skeptical.

Right now, I'd have Silva over him within the first.
7/24/12 12:02 AM
blaznbison24
17 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Pretty bold statement but he keeps winning. But he got hit way too much in the Okami fight and seemed too scared to trade with Lombard, so I'm sure he wouldn't get close enough to take down Anderson.
7/24/12 12:03 AM
KZTT_Hocky Balboa
8662 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

7/24/12 12:04 AM
KC007

Make Boetsch vs Sonnen.
7/24/12 12:09 AM
Saltyballs
157 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I opened this thread to post about how Boetsch must be living in a fantasy land of rainbows and unicorns, but you guys have it covered. LMAO. Phone Post
7/24/12 12:10 AM
jtown2
113 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mother Fucker what??? Phone Post
7/24/12 12:14 AM
ABE FROMAN

Edited: 07/24/12 12:14 AM
'The wrestler's method to beating Anderson Silva'.

I told you, it's all anybody who ever fights Anderson will ever think about or do from now on. Go for the takedown, ride it out.

7/24/12 12:16 AM
FingerorMoon
102 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

American Shaolin - Not sure if serious, this guy hasn't submitted anyone his whole career and now he is going to submit a BJJ Blackbelt who is the greatest MMA fighter of all time? Epic.

You see...
haven't been showing my submission game much, but we'll save that for the world championship.

He's saving it.
7/24/12 12:24 AM
Saltyballs
157 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

No offense to Boetsch, but a miracle come from behind win after getting smoked by Okami and then getting a gift decision against Lombard isn't exactly compelling.

Now he's talking about submitting Silva? That's just silly. Phone Post
7/24/12 12:35 AM
inf0
308 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Big Boetsch fan... just don't see it.

7/24/12 12:40 AM
NKTKDace
111 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Radio Raheem -  
rofl Phone Post
7/24/12 12:47 AM
mixedmartialmike

I'm a fan but Tim I think Anderson is outta your league.. But who knows if he keeps winning why the hell not Phone Post
7/24/12 1:01 AM
Lovetriscuit
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm a HUGE HUGE HUGE fan of Tim, but who is he kidding??

He has nothing for Silva ;/
7/24/12 1:07 AM
MickColins
156 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Didnt do much damage in his last fight. Phone Post
7/24/12 1:10 AM
AndersonSilvasMoney
16 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Radio Raheem -  
Ding ding ding. Phone Post
7/24/12 1:16 AM
Brian Littlefield

Give the guy a break. Hes trying to get himself on the radar. His wins dont seem to be working so he knows he needs to talk a little. Although his performance against Okami wasn't great it was a win and a finish regardless. Thats like saying Andersons win over Sonnen was bad because he got beat up in the earlier rounds. Maybe he was having an off night or had to work through some jitters. It was his biggest fight in his career at the time. Who knows what went wrong but regardless he won. He's now beat a former number one contender (recent) and the title prospect. The dude deserves a shot or one more fight before he gets one. 

Also the people that say he has nothing for Silva said the same thing about Sonnen the first fight, as well as Tim vs Okami. 

Hes obviously better than Okami and what I consider better than many of Silvas previous opponents like Cote, Leites and Maia. Why not give him a shot. Will Belfort do any better the second time, I dont think so. Does Bisping have something for Silva that he didn't use against Chael or Dan, not likely. So whose left? Stann? Probably not. The only other person I see worthy of a top 3 if he isn't one is Weidman. So yea, I think Tim should fight Weidman or Silva. 
7/24/12 1:17 AM
pulsar

Well... Bugger. I'm a big Tim fan with much of that appeal coming from the fact he just did his Barbarian shiz, beat someone up and went to the next fight without silly comments.

Don't do this stuff Mr Boetsch, your awesome without having to talk smack - especially considering there isn't that much in your career that warrants it.
7/24/12 1:36 AM
UGCTT_SidRival
548 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Think he meant Joe Silva. Even then, I'm not too sure. Phone Post
7/24/12 1:36 AM
inf0
308 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UGCTT_SidRival -  Think he meant Joe Silva. Even then, I'm not too sure. Phone Post

legit lol
7/24/12 1:50 AM
RandyDarsh
152 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Laughing my ass off at some of these responses hahah Phone Post
7/24/12 2:07 AM
ortman166

The Dude just got gifted a decision over a newcomer but he can submit the goat... Lol. Phone Post
7/24/12 2:13 AM
MMALOGIC

Edited: 07/24/12 2:15 AM
 boetsch is probably gonna be fed to weidman.

He was fed to okami to get him a god W in his home country... didnt work out.

He was fed to Lombard to keep the hype rolling and set up a big fight against Anderson or Vitor.

weidman is the guy who's gonna put him away.

7/24/12 2:23 AM
swany

wow . he must be joking , he has absolutely nothing for silva, no way at this stage of andersons carrer will they ever match him up with boetsch

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.