UnderGround Forums

GamerGround >> SS4:AE, anyone play?

7/24/12 3:34 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Bitters
25 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

was thinking about snagging an arcade stick and picking this up, anyone on the OG play this still?
7/24/12 4:37 PM
Gerbacio
621 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Have been contemplating getting it since its so cheap Phone Post
7/25/12 9:34 AM
Bitters
25 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

i have literally zero background in fighting games, if you end up getting it let me know and you can kick my butt
7/25/12 10:51 AM
Gerbacio
621 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Xbox? And dont worry I used to be good in the street fighter 2 era.....15 years ago Phone Post
7/25/12 12:04 PM
Bitters

yea xbox, i forget, do you still have me on skype/league of legends?
7/25/12 12:08 PM
Gerbacio

Idk I think I might created a new Skype with my most used email osvaldopr@gmail.com. Add me on Xbox Gerbacio ... I have a credit on GameStop let me see how much it costs used Phone Post
7/25/12 5:05 PM
Bry Bry
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

i was trying to get a SS4 tourny going a little while back..i suck at it but i like playing..
7/25/12 5:41 PM
Gerbacio

Im gonna get it tonight... I haven't even played it so I know I'll suck Phone Post
7/25/12 8:10 PM
Bry Bry

bitters, gerbacio lets have a beginners tourny..ill set it up..we each pick 2 fighters...who else is in??
7/25/12 8:36 PM
Gerbacio

Ok might have to start tomorrow since I went to gaystop and they didn't had it used, so closest is 45 min and next to Bjj so ill pick my copy tomorrow Phone Post
7/25/12 11:03 PM
Bry Bry

alright tomorrow or next day we start..ill pick my characters..

Bry-Dee jay, Balrog

Gerbacio-??

Bitters-u in??
7/26/12 12:27 PM
Bitters

i like the idea in general, but how about we do it like next month or something so we can have a little bit of time to learn the game more than the random button mashing i have planned :p
7/26/12 1:06 PM
Gerbacio

Bitters - i like the idea in general, but how about we do it like next month or something so we can have a little bit of time to learn the game more than the random button mashing i have planned :p

well we can play each other in the meanwhile ...but yeah give me a week to figure it out cause i was With bitters in the button mashing competition....

shit my 2 year old would have played for me and no difference would have been made!
7/26/12 1:50 PM
Gerbacio

Jockey - I play a lot, could give some pointers if anyone's looking to learn

Add me on Xbox: Mestizo3
I think you will have to train us but yeah lol I'm On my way! To get it Phone Post
7/26/12 3:32 PM
LucrativeMath
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm not on that often but I'm down to play.

XBL: Mathewmatiks
7/26/12 3:41 PM
LucrativeMath
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I haven't played since shortly after AE came out. I ended up buying the update, but have not played at all since v.2012 was released. Is that a free update?
7/26/12 4:16 PM
Gerbacio

Wait I'm confused of If I buy super do i get free arcade or should I pony up for arcade?

I already got arcade just now but its a broken box and a scratched cd so of I get ae if I have super I might just go change it Phone Post
7/26/12 6:00 PM
LucrativeMath

Thanks, Jockey.

Gerbacio - If you have AE as the DLC add on to Super, then you should be fine with a copy of Super, but if your copy of AE was on disc, which I'm assuming it was, then you'll have to pay for the DLC if you plan on using the disc for Super. The DLC is about 1200 points which is $15 if I remember correctly so you might be better off just buying a copy of AE for around $20.
7/26/12 6:33 PM
Gerbacio

Thanks lucrative

I need a special controller or something cause this sucks Phone Post
7/26/12 6:46 PM
Gerbacio

Yeah I can play with the regular Xbox controller .. This is beyond horrible Phone Post
7/26/12 8:27 PM
Gerbacio

What controller do you guys use?? Phone Post
7/26/12 8:54 PM
LucrativeMath

I have a SF4 MadCatz SE w/ Sanwa JLF stick and buttons and then I have a Marvel vs Capcom 3 TE also by MadCatz. Some people can kill shit with a regular controller, but I'm not one of them.

They just had a sale on the WWE Brawl Stick by MadCatz for like $30 on Amazon and at Gamestop. You might want to look into that as an entry level option if you don't want to spend a lot. You can find TE sticks for like $100 on sale.
7/27/12 9:01 AM
Bitters

where can you find a mad catz TE stick for $100?!

i've been looking all over the web for one (ideally the white SF4 TE), but they are like $165 used on amazon.

i'll probably end up snagging the evo '12 edition from them directly for ~150
7/27/12 3:34 PM
Bitters

hey, for learning the game and then carrying a character into more competitive online play or even local things, who would be a good fighter?

i've been considering ken, e honda, sagat or zangief
7/27/12 5:23 PM
LucrativeMath

You have to keep an eye out for deals. MadCatz just had a sale on the SFxT sticks for $99. If you look on eBay you can find used TE sticks for under $100. I got my MvC3 TE stick for $65 used and everything works fine.

As for beginning characters. I started using Ken. There's somewhat of a character loyalty going on there because I've used him since SF2 back in the day. I agree that Ken is a good character to start with, but he is pretty difficult to use at a high level. Ryu may be a better option if you want to go the Shoto route.

I'm actually more comfortable with a defensive/zoning play style so I use Guile now. I'm pretty basic with him though as I don't have the time or patience to learn all the high level tricks with him.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.