UnderGround Forums

HolyGround >> Dear HG members

7/25/12 11:22 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
reverend john
150 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

My anger is getting the best of me. This is not good for me, my health and my relationships are suffering for it. I cannot continue to participate in things that are adding to it. I know some of you here think I am crazy, others that I am well meaning but off, and still others that I am an evil heretic, which is all fine and good. In all honesty I don't care what people think of me, but I am just getting to the place where my indignation is not tempered with love, and I am internalizing it to the point of high blood pressure, and rage, I need to do something about that.

I am going to stop posting here again. I am going to write the books I need to write. The first is a compilation of stories of the last 25 years of living the kingdom, making disciples and loving the poor and marginalized. The second is a book about spiritual warfare using my mma training as the central metaphor. And the last is a book on leadership from my anarchic point of view.

I do appreciate the love and acceptance many of you have shown me, and if any want to keep in touch you can dm me for my phone number and email. I will post a bit on my blog still johnthereverend.com but probably wont interact much. I will also post some videos and podcasts soon.

As to the skype call with Josh I will stand by my word. I said I would do it, and I will. But I will leave it to him to contact me.

I will stick around for the rest of the day, but it will be my last day here

blessings friends, I hope you find Christ and his kingdom

john
7/25/12 11:52 AM
Rocky Dennis
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

See you in 3 months or so.

Anyways, this place kind of sucks now.  It used to be great back in the glory days
7/25/12 12:14 PM
Lahi
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Definitely don't think you're any of those things Rev, always challenged and blessed by your posts here. But I hear what you're saying, this place affects me the same way a lot of the time too.
7/25/12 12:16 PM
Lahi
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

And look forward to the books.
7/25/12 3:32 PM
gord96
70 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

All the best John. Always enjoy your posts and continually challenged by them.
7/25/12 9:23 PM
Ali
669 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

There go about 60% of the posts I want to read over the last few months...

I hope you're rested and recovered with your time off, John.
7/26/12 3:55 AM
DyingBreed
16 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Blessings bro

Anger and rage drain, I know Phone Post
7/27/12 10:18 AM
CJJScout
48 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Do what you got to do.
8/7/12 4:57 PM
zealot66
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

didnt see this. The internet has never meant that much to me. I dont have as much vested in 'belief' as most of you do here so its less of an issue.
8/7/12 4:57 PM
zealot66
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

didnt see this. The internet has never meant that much to me. I dont have as much vested in 'belief' as most of you do here so its less of an issue.
8/15/12 8:18 PM
micmac
10 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hey rev, I really like your posts and appreciate and benefit from your perspective.

Truthfully I'm surprised to hear you feel others don't; from what I've seen your posts seem universally respected almost like its politically incorrect to criticize the rev.

Hope you're back soon.

MM Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.