UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Sara McMann Says Ronda Rousey Not A Role Model

7/25/12 12:29 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Full Contact Fighter
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Full Contact Fighter, President

Olympic Silver Medalist and Invicta FC Headliner Sara McMann: Sassy and Classy

Undefeated upstart focused on becoming the best mixed martial artist she can be – without making a mockery of the sport

7/25/12 1:00 PM
standupwarrior
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Would love to see this fight happen down the road. 2 Olympic medalists in two different disciplines.

This could be bigger than Gina/Cyborg - biggest fight in women's MMA history
7/25/12 1:19 PM
Maverick3744

I love invicta they put on a good show for their first one, second one should be good too.  
7/25/12 1:25 PM
formulate

i remember rousey saying similar things about carano and tate. I guess if they never talked shit about each other noone would even know who they were.
7/25/12 1:26 PM
Train Judo

"Hi, nobody really knows me, let me shit on someone famous so people notice me!"
7/25/12 1:29 PM
nowaydo
54 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ttt
7/25/12 1:46 PM
standupwarrior
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Yea - Sara who? She only won a silver medal in the Olympics.

MMAfanWA - what have you ever done?
7/25/12 1:47 PM
Chromium
103 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 07/25/12 1:49 PM
Train Judo - "Hi, nobody really knows me, let me shit on someone famous so people notice me!"

Hey, it's how Rousey got fast tracked.
7/25/12 1:49 PM
ChaosOverkill
459 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Chromium - 
Train Judo - "Hi, nobody really knows me, let me shit on someone famous so people notice me!"

7/25/12 2:25 PM
SleepBomb

ChaosOverkill - 
Chromium - 

that and finishing everyone of her opponents by armbar. sarah hasn't even finished her bowl of cereal yet.

that being said, i would like to see them fight each other.

and btw

yu!!!!
7/25/12 2:27 PM
standupwarrior

MMAfanWA - Sounds like you've done a shitload! Not
7/25/12 3:54 PM
cupertrooper
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The hate is strong on this thread
7/25/12 4:01 PM
Faels Hypogonad
194 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sara is a silver medalist in wrestling
And a tough women she is a good role model IMO as well as a dedicated mother.
I mean come on Ronda is pretty rude and that's not the kind of role model I want for my daughters I do not want my daughters growing up to be a rude mouthy negative women who never has anything decent or positive to say about anything or anyone but that's just my opinion Phone Post
7/25/12 4:06 PM
georgejonesjr
44 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 07/25/12 4:06 PM
Silver medal in wrestling is as good as (or is even one step better) than a bronze in judo. Complaining about someone copying Rousey's trash talk is odd, so I assume you're being ironic - the trash talker being trash talked, etc. My guess is that Sarah noticed the trash talk got Rousey a lot of attention, and decided to follow suite. Nothing wrong with that.

Though it occurs to me, that maybe you're talking about Rousey calling out Michael Phelps?
7/25/12 4:08 PM
Tolstolobic

Hi! Phone Post
7/25/12 4:08 PM
cambeezee

I HATE BLACK PEPPER!!!
7/25/12 4:18 PM
SleepBomb

RyannVonDoom - 
SleepBomb -
ChaosOverkill - 
Chromium - 

that and finishing everyone of her opponents by armbar. sarah hasn't even finished her bowl of cereal yet.

that being said, i would like to see them fight each other.

and btw

yu!!!!
Really? 1 ko, 2 subs and 2 decisions, may wanna do some research before running your mouth. Phone Post
i am joking around you little homo. get a sense of humor and get an icepack for your butthurt.

7/25/12 4:21 PM
Clarence Parents
282 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Faels Hypogonad - Sara is a silver medalist in wrestling <br>And a tough women she is a good role model IMO as well as a dedicated mother. <br>I mean come on Ronda is pretty rude and that's not the kind of role model I want for my daughters I do not want my daughters growing up to be a rude mouthy negative women who never has anything decent or positive to say about anything or anyone but that's just my opinion

Meh, if I had a daughter I would love for her to be a savage like Rousey.
7/25/12 5:03 PM
AlphaSlap
41 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

georgejonesjr - Silver medal in wrestling is as good as (or is even one step better) than a bronze in judo. Complaining about someone copying Rousey's trash talk is odd, so I assume you're being ironic - the trash talker being trash talked, etc. My guess is that Sarah noticed the trash talk got Rousey a lot of attention, and decided to follow suite. Nothing wrong with that.

Though it occurs to me, that maybe you're talking about Rousey calling out Michael Phelps?

Are you kidding me? The talent pool for international judo is insane.
Women's wrestling debuted in 2004.

7/25/12 5:07 PM
ChaosOverkill
459 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ronda will claim not to want to be a role model till a company offers her a big endorsement to become one, then she will claim she was one all along.
7/25/12 5:13 PM
nomad1974
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

McMann is the polar opposite of Rousey when it comes to public persona.

When this fight happens down the road it will do big #'s
7/25/12 5:36 PM
cupertrooper
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

This could be a great fight in the near future - McMann vs Rousey
7/25/12 5:46 PM
Fernando Alonso

AlphaSlap -
georgejonesjr - Silver medal in wrestling is as good as (or is even one step better) than a bronze in judo. Complaining about someone copying Rousey's trash talk is odd, so I assume you're being ironic - the trash talker being trash talked, etc. My guess is that Sarah noticed the trash talk got Rousey a lot of attention, and decided to follow suite. Nothing wrong with that.

I agree women's wrestling isn't as big as judo is yet. Not saying Sara's silver isn't good, but think Ronda had to go through more tougher comp than Sara did. Phone Post
7/25/12 6:02 PM
random_perv

Silver>>>>bronze come at me bro! Phone Post
7/25/12 6:05 PM
random_perv

AlphaSlap -

International? But aint shit in the states. Judo for men aint huge. Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.