UnderGround Forums

GamerGround >> Counter strike G.O

7/26/12 3:13 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
PepperUK
93 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Apparently out to download next month. Anyone of you pc fanboy play the beta? Is it any good?

I did a lot of CS gaming back in the day, looking forward to getting back into it on my Xbox Phone Post
7/26/12 5:15 PM
David Mortensen
23 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

junobeach - It's pretty bad unfortunately. I loved 1.6 back in the day and didn't even mind Source that much, but CSGO is worse than either of them.

They haven't updated it in forever either, they are completely silent on the forums, it's like they have given up on the game but it's still coming out. It all has a very Condition Zero vibe to it.
Really? I had heard that it has a very 1.6 feel to it. I hope you're wrong :( Phone Post
7/26/12 5:47 PM
Wallison
16 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I've been playing the go beta and I absolutely love it. I played 1.6 and source forever and loved them both. I think it's a good combo between the two. It of course needs some work I hope they been busy fixing the last little issues before they release it. Phone Post
7/26/12 8:59 PM
David Mortensen
23 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Wallison - I've been playing the go beta and I absolutely love it. I played 1.6 and source forever and loved them both. I think it's a good combo between the two. It of course needs some work I hope they been busy fixing the last little issues before they release it. Phone Post
This is what I've heard. I played so much Cs pre source and at a pretty high level too. My buddies from my old team were super happy with it. Phone Post
7/27/12 12:03 PM
Gwhite
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'd rather stick to 1.6, but I have a few buddies that will probably be switching to cs go Phone Post
7/27/12 3:19 PM
PepperUK
93 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

So bit hit and miss. Phone Post
8/1/12 7:59 AM
the islander
215 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Play source, played the beta. Not gonna leave source Phone Post
8/1/12 8:59 PM
YVEL MACHIDA
481 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I used to rock CS everyday, i loved downloading custom skins for guns and shit Phone Post
8/1/12 9:44 PM
jonbonesjovi
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

This the one for Xbox? Phone Post
8/1/12 10:09 PM
MMArijuana

YVEL MACHIDA - I used to rock CS everyday, i loved downloading custom skins for guns and shit Phone Post
Word Phone Post
8/2/12 3:36 AM
PepperUK

jonbonesjovi - This the one for Xbox? Phone Post
Yeah Phone Post
8/2/12 11:19 AM
rickson_basics
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Holy shite! Counterstrike thread? I was the hugest fan back in the day. [CBLA]lamma. Wow.

I'm a console guy now, too many upgrades necessary for pc gaming. So, there is a new Xbox game coming?

Realizing this post is useless, just wanted to express my fandom.

That is all. Phone Post
8/2/12 11:59 AM
PepperUK

rickson_basics - Holy shite! Counterstrike thread? I was the hugest fan back in the day. [CBLA]lamma. Wow.

I'm a console guy now, too many upgrades necessary for pc gaming. So, there is a new Xbox game coming?

Realizing this post is useless, just wanted to express my fandom.

That is all. Phone Post
21st August available to download only via Xbox live or psn. Phone Post
8/5/12 12:43 AM
Porkchop

Edited: 08/05/12 12:43 AM
Glad to see a thread about this.

I am so pumped for this game.

I have used a laptop for years and had source working with it. Over a brief time, my laptop paid a heavy price for the gaming and now can't even run 1.6.

I told myself that if they ever put out a new version of counter strike that I would build a desktop and get it.

I've now spent about $800 on my desktop and I still have to get a boot drive, GPU, headphones with mic, blu ray drive and harddrive. Next paycheck I'll have it all bought and installed ready to go for the release. I'll have spent around 12-1300 likely. I'm getting a almost new and barely used GPU and boot drive for cheap so I can shave some money off that but I'm supremely pumped for this and might save my laptop at the same time as I think it might die on me any day now. Going to just use the laptop for school now.

Anyways, I have been paying close attention to what has been happening with this game. The fans are all over Valve about this game right now so I know Valve hasn't forgotten about the community but they have not said shit in a long time.

They are supposed to open up the beta to everyone but it doesn't look like that's gonna happen now.

As far as the game goes, it needs some tweaking. There is very little interaction with the environment compared to source and there are a bunch of bugs to be worked out.

I'm sure that upon final release that they will address all this stuff because they tend to be good at listening to the players but I'm assuming that the players have found so much shit for Valve to fix that they have been scrambling to fix the issues for the release date.

I'm not expecting a perfect game by the release date but it should be a lot better than the beta. I'm assuming it will be released with some of the bugs and that Valve will fix them shortly after the release if they can't fix them by the release.

As for the console gaming, I can't imagine playing this game on console because the joysticks on the consoles cannot substitute the control and reaction time that the mouse and keyboard give you. I heard PS3 will work with a mouse and keyboard though.

It would be really sweet if the PC gamers could play alongside and against the console gamers because I'm sure the PC gamers would fuck shit up. Let alone the fact that most of them will be veterans of the game but also the difference in control and performance of their hardware.

I'm happy that I'm going to have a new computer either way and if the game kicks ass then that's awesome but I have a feeling that with the way I played it before with all the graphics turned to the lowest and with my laptop eventually struggling to start the game, I'll love it either way with the beast of a computer I'm building right now (not a beast by gaming standards just by the amount of overkill it will have compared to the system requirements of CS:GO).

Sorry about the FRAT. I'll keep checking in on this thread. So pumped for this game, obviously (I'm sure you have never heard of someone building a new computer to play a game with as little system demands as counter strike but that's how pumped I am).
8/6/12 6:53 AM
UGCTT_song2
868 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

YVEL MACHIDA - I used to rock CS everyday, i loved downloading custom skins for guns and shit Phone Post
Same

All my terrorists were agent smith Phone Post
8/6/12 7:07 AM
PepperUK

Porkchop - Glad to see a thread about this.

I have used a laptop for years and had source working with it. Over a brief time, my laptop paid a heavy price for the gaming and now can't even run 1.6.

I told myself that if they ever put out a new version of counter strike that I would build a desktop and get it.

I've now spent about $800 on my desktop and I still have to get a boot drive, GPU, headphones with mic, blu ray drive and harddrive. Next paycheck I'll have it all bought and installed ready to go for the release. I'll have spent around 12-1300 likely. I'm getting a almost new and barely used GPU and boot drive for cheap so I can shave some money off that but I'm supremely pumped for this and might save my laptop at the same time as I think it might die on me any day now. Going to just use the laptop for school now.

Anyways, I have been paying close attention to what has been happening with this game. The fans are all over Valve about this game right now so I know Valve hasn't forgotten about the community but they have not said shit in a long time.

They are supposed to open up the beta to everyone but it doesn't look like that's gonna happen now.

As far as the game goes, it needs some tweaking. There is very little interaction with the environment compared to source and there are a bunch of bugs to be worked out.

I'm sure that upon final release that they will address all this stuff because they tend to be good at listening to the players but I'm assuming that the players have found so much shit for Valve to fix that they have been scrambling to fix the issues for the release date.

I'm not expecting a perfect game by the release date but it should be a lot better than the beta. I'm assuming it will be released with some of the bugs and that Valve will fix them shortly after the release if they can't fix them by the release.

As for the console gaming, I can't imagine playing this game on console because the joysticks on the consoles cannot substitute the control and reaction time that the mouse and keyboard give you. I heard PS3 will work with a mouse and keyboard though.

It would be really sweet if the PC gamers could play alongside and against the console gamers because I'm sure the PC gamers would fuck shit up. Let alone the fact that most of them will be veterans of the game but also the difference in control and performance of their hardware.

I'm happy that I'm going to have a new computer either way and if the game kicks ass then that's awesome but I have a feeling that with the way I played it before with all the graphics turned to the lowest and with my laptop eventually struggling to start the game, I'll love it either way with the beast of a computer I'm building right now (not a beast by gaming standards just by the amount of overkill it will have compared to the system requirements of CS:GO).

Sorry about the FRAT. I'll keep checking in on this thread. So pumped for this game, obviously (I'm sure you have never heard of someone building a new computer to play a game with as little system demands as counter strike but that's how pumped I am).
You do know an Xbox costs £150 and works with a keyboard and mouse?

I used to play cs a lot back in the days. Counting down the days till its out, I know value put a lot of effort into every game and this is a massive release. Phone Post
8/6/12 11:24 PM
Porkchop

PepperUK - 
Porkchop - Glad to see a thread about this.

You do know an Xbox costs £150 and works with a keyboard and mouse?

I used to play cs a lot back in the days. Counting down the days till its out, I know value put a lot of effort into every game and this is a massive release. Phone Post

haha yeah I must seem like a chump but this game is coming out right in time to save my laptop I think. My laptop has been experiencing some issues lately from the extensive use I've put it thru over the years. This desktop is long overdue but it was the release of this game that pushed me over the edge to get it done.

I used to have both an xbox and a playstation but I realized that I was playing games too much and games that I felt sucked in comparison to CSS. I knew that I had become a PC gamer at heart and only really cared about counter strike.

This desktop will cost a lot (for my needs) but it'll be badass (for my needs) and I'll fucking love it. I can't wait to finish it off.

On a side note, somone should make an UG server for us to play on. I'd frequent it. I bet there must be a bunch of CS:GO gamers in here.

Anyone want to volunteer to set up the server? I'm just about to go back to school and am going into penny pinching mode after this computer is built... Anyone want to set that up?

That could actually be a good idea. I don't usually have those.
8/9/12 9:20 PM
Porkchop

ho-ly fuck! It's available for Pre-Order!!!

So I read that they are going to give everyone who has pre-ordered it a beta key on the 14th or something so that they can get on it early with the other people who have already been on it.

My desktop will be complete on the 15th so that will work out perfectly!

So pumped!!! haha
8/9/12 9:25 PM
dogfb
53 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

PepperUK -  Apparently out to download next month. Anyone of you pc fanboy play the beta? Is it any good?

I did a lot of CS gaming back in the day, looking forward to getting back into it on my Xbox Phone Post

You played CS back in the day... and you want it on xbox?

I don't want to live on this planet anymore. 
8/9/12 9:34 PM
Porkchop

dogfb - 
PepperUK -  Apparently out to download next month. Anyone of you pc fanboy play the beta? Is it any good?

yeah I don't know how someone who played that game on PC could ever want to play it with dual joysticks.

I hear PS3 will have the ability to use keyboard and mouse and there might be a way to do the same with xbox, but what's the point at that point? just use pc.
8/9/12 9:35 PM
Porkchop

this video shows some of the glitches that are out there right now.

These need to be fixed before the release of the game. The good thing is that Valve is so in tuned with their gamers that they are likely already fixing or have fixed these problems.
8/9/12 9:36 PM
Porkchop

Part 2
8/9/12 10:07 PM
PepperUK

Porkchop -
dogfb - 

yeah I don't know how someone who played that game on PC could ever want to play it with dual joysticks.

I hear PS3 will have the ability to use keyboard and mouse and there might be a way to do the same with xbox, but what's the point at that point? just use pc.
Well times change, and me spending the money on a decent gaming pc compared to the one off cost of an Xbox is the reason why my friend. I was a very heavy pc gamer when I was younger and with out a mortgage. I wish I could have a gaming pc, but I have an Xbox and that is good enough for me. Phone Post
8/9/12 10:20 PM
Porkchop

PepperUK - 
Porkchop -
dogfb - 

Well times change, and me spending the money on a decent gaming pc compared to the one off cost of an Xbox is the reason why my friend. I was a very heavy pc gamer when I was younger and with out a mortgage. I wish I could have a gaming pc, but I have an Xbox and that is good enough for me. Phone Post

fair enough. This computer I'm building has stressed my budget out big time so I hear ya.
8/10/12 12:00 AM
dogfb
53 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It's not like counter-strike ever took a super gaming PC to run anyway. From what I've seen I don't think CSGO will require that much more than source.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.