UnderGround Forums

Canada UnderGround >> BJJ in Toronto

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

7/28/12 10:40 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
drx604
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Possibly travelling to Toronto for business... Specifically going to be in Mississauga... any good places to train/ check out for BJJ (gi specific but can do noGi)? I I'm pretty sure Toronto traffic can't be any worse than Vancouver traffic so if it's worth the drive I would be willing to explore other areas thx Phone Post
7/29/12 1:09 AM
alittleknowledge
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Toronto is closed.

Go to Hamilton.
7/29/12 11:45 AM
uberpinscher
16 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Toronto BJJ is an amazing place to train. We have tons of mat space, lots of members of all skill levels and amazing instructors. It is a Ribeiro JJ school headed by Jorge Britto.

I always see people who are traveling stop in to train. Just call them at 416-537-4255 they are on bloor street right by christie pits park.

Hopefully I'll see you there!

Evan Phone Post
7/29/12 9:55 PM
karmarep

No need need to leave Mississauga. Check Nova uniao Mississuaga. Daniel and Scott run a great program.
7/30/12 1:40 PM
Claude Patrick
16 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

check out toronto bjj... if you can

Jorge britto has forgot more about bjj than most around here know.. you will not be dissapointed..

elite training centre in mississauga has myself and 2 of his students heading up the program..

but as always your best bets to go check em out yourself and see what works for you..

where do you train in vancouver?
7/30/12 6:19 PM
Kashk
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

In Mississuaga its Elite or Nova Uniao Mississuaga. Both are great.

If in Toronto, and you want to check out Toronto BJJ the downtown location is the better bet with more classes running.

Cheers,

Josh (Toronto BJJ)
7/31/12 1:06 AM
drx604
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I currently train at Gravity BJJ in surrey under black belt Logan Lidemark... I got my blue belt from
Ragin Kajan Johnson when he was at Revolution in Langley BC Phone Post
7/31/12 8:22 AM
Claude Patrick

Nice... I don't know Logan bt worked a bt with Kajan out in Montreal he quite good and should make some waves once back competing in mma
7/31/12 7:51 PM
Evolucao

You're welcome to check us out at Evolucao Thai, too!  We're directly on the subway line at Lansdowne station.  Our BJJ coach is Fernando Vieira: 3rd degree black belt under Cristiano Carioca.  Fernando is a 3x world champ and recent winner of his weight class at the Abu Dhabi Pros.  Hey, he's a good, creative coach...and a pretty nice guy, too.
We're at 21 Wade Ave.  You're welcome to give us a call at 647.748.6621 if you have any questions and feel free to check out our schedule on the site www.evolucaothai.com to see if it fits with you!

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.