UnderGround Forums

Boxing UnderGround >> George Groves vs Fransisco Sierra vid

7/29/12 10:41 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
LordSeano
274 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Great fight skip to rd 6 if you want to see the finish
7/29/12 5:48 PM
Joe Ray
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Everytime Groves opened up his chin looked very exposed.

I can only imagine if he fights like that against top opposition he will be KO'ed badly.

Saying that I seem to remember him having a better defence against DeGale.

Do you think he was actually injured when he pulled out of fights against Anderson and Stieglitz?

7/29/12 5:49 PM
LordSeano
274 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Yeah - hes been really unlucky with injuries from what I hear
7/30/12 5:04 AM
LordSeano

You have to say though the combo that floored sierra was sweet as fuck. He can certainly hit. The american competitors were very complementary

Degale has been pretty quiet as well recently.

In hindsight I think Groves made a mistake getting with Fwank as I don't think Fwank sees him as as marketable an asset as DeGale.

He probably would have been better off with Hearn
7/30/12 8:21 AM
Joe Ray
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I think DeGale has gone cold on his relationship with Warren.

Hearn is doing a good job with Froch and Brook.

He could do a very good job with Groves I am sure.

Yes his bombs to finish the fight were lethal. The guy can hit. but again, look how wide open he is when he launches them.
7/30/12 8:34 AM
LordSeano

To be honest his style is pretty similar to froch's at that point in his career.

Froch used to be the same if you remember - low hands working off a fast jab - and it was only when he started stepping up he really changed into this messy brawler style.

Groves doesnt have Froch's chin though as you said which is where that will come unstuck.

He definitely has the makings to mix it at the level up though.
7/30/12 3:07 PM
PoundforPound
166 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He looked pretty good. Not like the usual Brit hypejobs that fail to impress when they come over here.
8/1/12 4:05 PM
Evzey
85 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Joe Ray - Everytime Groves opened up his chin looked very exposed.

I can only imagine if he fights like that against top opposition he will be KO'ed badly.

Saying that I seem to remember him having a better defence against DeGale.

Do you think he was actually injured when he pulled out of fights against Anderson and Stieglitz?

Yeah I think he beats them both fairly easy to be fair Phone Post
8/11/12 4:27 AM
U4EA
143 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Definitely mimicing Froch's style. I know they have sparred together.

Groves kinda reminds me of Khan in that he always seems to be able to get smacked by his opponents by leaving himself open.

His shots at the end there were deadly for sure but I would rather see him get the KO from cleaner, tighter boxing, like he did vs Smith.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.