UnderGround Forums

Judo/Sambo UnderGround >> Saudi Judo athlete to withdraw if hijab banned: pa

8/13/12 8:53 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Wasa-B
289 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Seems somewhat "unfair" but being the Olympics, its supposed to represent a bit more than sport imo as RexKwonDo notes.

Otherwise, seems like a good excuse to let your anti-muslim rage out.
8/13/12 8:59 PM
Wasa-B
289 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

JudoDave - I spoke with a lady who was there and the IOC forced the hand of the IJF - the girls father is on the board or commission. That is insane that wait wait hold for it........... The Saudis used influence of some kind to get her in there. There is no way she is a black belt yellow would be the highest i would go. Make them earn a spot and that means competing outside Saudi Kingdom.

Does seem fcked up, I agree. Politickin at its finest.

Still at least gave one r-neck at chance to go all "who gave this fat islamist a black belt and why is she not sitting at home with the hid gab on cooking dinner in the kitchen" though. Yay for him.
8/17/12 5:11 PM
raleigh
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2012/08/03/for-saudi-judo-player-a-quick-loss-but-a-barrier-broken.html

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.