UnderGround Forums

MMA Memorabilia UnderGround >> Custom DVD inserts

7/29/12 3:11 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Break Left
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 08/04/12 8:47 AM

Hey guys, I decided to make some alternative covers for some MMA DVDs with photoshop. Here is an example of one I made for Dream 1. I've got a few others if there is an interest. Check below for a list of uploads.
7/29/12 3:24 PM
CoopDiddy
41 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Pretty badass cover man!
7/29/12 4:54 PM
Break Left
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Thanks, I barely know what I'm doing with photoshop, so they'll definitely get better over time. I know it's a bummer not having decent covers for some of these events so I decided to make them. I figured there are probably other people who would like them too so I'll share what I make for those that are interested.
7/29/12 8:08 PM
grkblood
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Joe Show Radio, Owner
Good stuff man. I'm really digging that.
7/30/12 12:35 AM
Break Left

editted
8/2/12 7:13 PM
Sofa King Cool
347 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

In. Good stuff. Phone Post
8/3/12 2:20 PM
Break Left

I think that's my first vtfu ever. Thanks. I have a few more, Dream 2-7 that I'll upload this weekend. My Dream ones just follow a similar template so they all have the poster at the top, specific tournament bracket on bottom, the backs follow the same template too. In a couple weeks I should have a chance to do a lot more. I can usually do a Dream one in about 1-2 hours with the template. If I build one completely from scratch (like I did with Dynamite 08) it takes more like 5-6. For what its worth, I do maintain already established formats such as Dynamite 08. If you have the 06 or 07 DVDs you'll notice I used very similar themes and sizes so my custom one will fit very well into your collection of official covers.
8/3/12 9:10 PM
Break Left

below is an updated list without compression problems.
8/3/12 9:29 PM
Break Left

Sorry to say, but it looks like Tinypic compresses the pics some, so these versions are shitty quality. If you want the high res ones that print perfectly, PM me your email address and tell me which ones you'd like. Or, if you can host them at 4-6 MB per pic, let me know and I'll shoot them over so people can DL them from you.
8/3/12 9:51 PM
grkblood

Joe Show Radio, Owner
 I suggest using imgur.com. They don't compress pics and its free.
8/4/12 8:51 AM
Break Left

apparently imgur.com also compresses files =( Anyone know of a photo sharing site that doesn't?
8/4/12 12:40 PM
grkblood

Joe Show Radio, Owner
Break Left - apparently imgur.com also compresses files =( Anyone know of a photo sharing site that doesn't?

Create an account and then upload. This is one of many pics I have on imgur:

http://i.imgur.com/xrrtI.jpg
8/4/12 2:28 PM
Break Left

I did, but imgur also compresses the files. I'll see what else I can dig up, but I don't want crappy, compressed versions of these floating around.
8/4/12 2:31 PM
Break Left

Yea, big time compression. It took the 5.2meg file I uploaded and turned it into a 600k one. They look like shit up close and will print like shit too at that quality. I'm happy to email them to people if you are interested so either email me if you know my address or PM me yours with what you want.

I have Dream 1-7 and Dynamite 08 right now.
8/4/12 3:07 PM
grkblood

Joe Show Radio, Owner
Check this out:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_file_hosting_services
8/4/12 3:13 PM
grkblood

Joe Show Radio, Owner
 I would suggest looking at crocko.com. Their free service will probably give you everything you need. Only drawback is that they will delete any files not downloaded in 60 days for non-premium users. If you purely just want a place to storage images and dont care about having a snazzy interface you could just buy an account with a shared web hosting service like justhost.com. That would be the cheapest solution and it would have absolutely no limits on what you can do.
8/4/12 9:30 PM
Break Left

Yea, I'm not going to pay for storage so other people can DL my stuff heh. I just figured I'd offer them up to interested people and if someone had some room on their site we could store em there. My offer to email them out still stands, but I don't want to post substandard compressed stuff.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.