UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> McGee: It's hard to find good judges

7/29/12 10:06 PM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1235 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

“I’m not the judges and I’m not the counter punch guy,” McGee told MMAWeekly Radio.

“I don’t count every little punch, every kick and strike.  I’m just the guy who shows up to practice every day and comes out to fight and win.  I had an overwhelming amount of people who thought that I had won.  People like Dana and stuff had me winning the fight, but I’m just the guy who goes out and fights man.

“You know, it’s not up to me, it’s up to the judges to make that decision and sometimes they don’t make the best decisions.  Sometimes you don’t know what they’re watching.”

“There’s decisions that are bad, but I know in MMA it’s hard to find good judges. People aren’t experienced in the grappling and the wrestling, and the kickboxing and boxing.  I know for a fact a promotion in Colorado, like the last three judges they had for the past two or three shows were all boxing judges, amateur boxing.  A lot of their scores were more towards like amateur style point system punching, so when they went to they ground, they really didn’t know.”

read entire article...

7/29/12 10:14 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
the venerable dr wu
15 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The judging sucks, old news. But as an aside, how does he get away with fighting with that beard.. It's outrageous Phone Post
7/29/12 10:32 PM
UGCTT_Mexicant
76 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

That's why you never leave it up to the judges! Phone Post
7/29/12 11:01 PM
CaptChaos
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Some day soon we will have better judges at the smaller shows. It's just a matter of time.

As far as the UFC judges... wW generaly watch a fight for enjoyment, we may have a favorite fighter, and we give our opinion on who won after the fight. Judges just watch and score the fights. I have changed my mind on decisions after I watched the same fight the 2nd time around. The judging in the UFC isn't as bad as what a lot of people think imo...
7/29/12 11:04 PM
CaptChaos
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I love Rogan but he sometimes complains about the judges. However he thought Gleison Tibau easily won his fight against Khabib but imo (and the judges) Kabib won that fight!
7/30/12 12:38 AM
Combat Vette
434 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm with you, Court. Phone Post
7/30/12 1:07 AM
Scoobie Doo
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Close fight but after re-watching it I see how Ring edged out round one and won round two for sure. He got beat at the end of round three and I think the last part of fights is always what people remember the most. In the end McGee said before the fight he would not leave it to the judges and then he did.
7/30/12 1:28 AM
Proteus The Invincible
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I thought the fight was a draw. I think I had the first round 10-10, the second 10-9 for Nick, and the third 10-9 for Court. However, I see Court fighting too patiently, which is something he needs to change if he wants to have more success.
7/30/12 2:45 AM
gusto
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The process to become a judge is a fucking nightmare. I looked into it a little because there is no way i could be worse than the motherfuckers they have now.

7/30/12 12:36 PM
EBM
218 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 07/30/12 7:15 PM
Fixed

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.