UnderGround Forums

GamerGround >> Sleeping Dogs

8/30/12 2:37 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Barry_BondsMVP
890 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

lol yea that's funny...there wasn't enough time with Emma Stone though...
8/30/12 2:41 PM
UGCTT_Fraser_Finlay
224 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Barry_BondsMVP -  lol yea that's funny...there wasn't enough time with Emma Stone though...

I feel the same way.

When the game started she was one of the first names to appear on the credits, I thought she would play a huge part in the game and be one of the main characters. Nope! Two fucking missions and she is gone forever lol!
8/30/12 4:19 PM
Barry_BondsMVP
890 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

lol yea, at least you can pound out a few chicks on the game lol
8/30/12 9:06 PM
nrallen
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

i think some of the ideas are great but only half-developed. the police stuff is cool, hacking camera, staking out locations, placing bugs - i just wish it was developed further and more freeform.

makes me think a better game would be one where you simply play a cop fighting crime - cruising about listening for calls over the radio to turn up at crimes in progress or arrive on a crime scene and investigate further.
8/30/12 9:10 PM
PJ Benn Fan
196 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

nrallen - i think some of the ideas are great but only half-developed. the police stuff is cool, hacking camera, staking out locations, placing bugs - i just wish it was developed further and more freeform.

makes me think a better game would be one where you simply play a cop fighting crime - cruising about listening for calls over the radio to turn up at crimes in progress or arrive on a crime scene and investigate further.

I llike that idea and think you shoudl patent it sonehow before Apple sues you LOL!
8/30/12 9:27 PM
nrallen

they can sue samsung should they ever use the idea but slightly alter to suit them. i'm out!

i was thinking along the lines of open-world with fighting/combat similar to sleeping dogs but with more police style weapons, like sprays and methods of cuffing suspects, rather than slamming their head in a dumpster.

also, each successful mission calculates a net profit/loss offsetting the crime cost against the damage you cost the department - and you have to then go back to the office and received an ear bashing from the cliched loudmouth captain.
8/30/12 10:39 PM
flowwiththego
140 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Just picked this game up, entirely from you guys reviews Phone Post
9/1/12 12:11 AM
supersaiyan

Edited: 09/02/12 1:53 AM
i gotta "massage" from one of the girls...good times :)
9/2/12 1:51 PM
UGCTT_Fraser_Finlay
224 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Finished the main story today.

Trying too 100% the game now, nearly there. Phone Post
9/2/12 2:19 PM
TalkShowOnMute
82 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

flowwiththego - Just picked this game up, entirely from you guys reviews Phone Post
Liking it so far? Phone Post
9/2/12 2:32 PM
flowwiththego
140 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I finally got some time away from work. To me it's better than Red Dead and Batman. I even had a mini Sleeping Dogs Dream last night. I only rented the game so Im about to marathon this bitch. I love it so far, its a must play. Phone Post
9/2/12 3:57 PM
UGCTT_Fraser_Finlay

Ok, a quick protip for anyone trying to 100% the game.

For the achievement/trophy for buying every car don't make the same mistake I did. I saved up like $1000000 over the course of the game and blew it all buying every car in only one of the four garages in the game.

Wait until you have 10 Face Level, then go to the clothes shop in Kennedy Town (Asparizone or something like that) and buy the shirt, trousers and shoes that give you the "Master Negotiator" trait.

Having 10 Face Level gives you a 40% discount on all cars and clothes and if you have the master negotiator outfit you get a further 15% off. Being able to buy the cars for 55% less really helps. Phone Post
9/2/12 5:54 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

I didn't want the game to end :( lol
9/3/12 6:20 PM
supersaiyan

i am actually playing again by "accident"

my girl saw someone selling the game on Facebook for 35 bucs and she asked me if i wanted it ( guess she didnt know i already had it lol)

i kinda rushed into it thinking heck i woulndt mind just continuing where i left off...only plm was it was for PS3 and i had the 360 version lol. i didnt think she would get it so soon before i really answered .. idid say "yea" about the game but i was more like just hovering the idea..

well she bought it since the guy was selling it for 30 bux ( why not ?) so i am loving it just as ..if not more ... than the first time since i have a BIGASS jump on the game haha and running thru the missions with ease hahaha..

i ran throuhght the mission with BENNY the first try thru unlike when i first got the game a month ago on 360 and got owned like 20x lol

CMONS --
REplay value is truly cool and enjoyable imo :)
9/5/12 7:12 PM
Anishnabe
26 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Im trying to get the achievement by killing someone with a fish. I didnt beat the game yet so does this happen sometime in the storyline? Also trying to get the achievement by eating or drinking 10 different foods. Not sure which ones i missed but i eat or drink everyplace i see while im driving around and still dont have it Phone Post
9/5/12 7:43 PM
Lymond
47 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Anishnabe -  Im trying to get the achievement by killing someone with a fish. I didnt beat the game yet so does this happen sometime in the storyline? Also trying to get the achievement by eating or drinking 10 different foods. Not sure which ones i missed but i eat or drink everyplace i see while im driving around and still dont have it Phone Post

When you're fighting in a club, forgot what mission, you can break the aquarium and pick up a fish. Probably other spots too, but I'm blanking.
9/5/12 8:32 PM
Anishnabe
26 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Lymond -
Anishnabe -  Im trying to get the achievement by killing someone with a fish. I didnt beat the game yet so does this happen sometime in the storyline? Also trying to get the achievement by eating or drinking 10 different foods. Not sure which ones i missed but i eat or drink everyplace i see while im driving around and still dont have it Phone Post

When you're fighting in a club, forgot what mission, you can break the aquarium and pick up a fish. Probably other spots too, but I'm blanking.
Right on thanks, and i just found the last food i missed hahah curry fish balls right outside where you start new case missions Phone Post
9/5/12 9:25 PM
supersaiyan

^^^^

tHAT Is the mission i am talking about i ran thru on the first attempt with ease ...its the one where you have to find BEnny.. some goons get in your way upstairs in the VIP section ( 2 ) and if grab one you drag his ass and smash thru the fish tank glass and get a "knife" fish lol

then you jump to the floor level and there is at least 10 guys tobattle through there...then..

go to the restroom (about 4 goons in there ) and Benny is inthe stall making a UPS "delivery" to the toilet :)
9/6/12 10:36 AM
PJ Benn Fan
196 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Got in an hour last night.

Dont think I am close to finishing the game but I am having a hell of a good time.

9/6/12 11:30 AM
UGCTT_Fraser_Finlay

This fucking sucks...

I'm trying to 100% the game (I've finished the main story) but my triad level is stuck at 9.5. I don't have anything else to do... I have no way of getting my triad level up. Do I seriously have to go through the entire game again, getting pretty much 99% completion but this time getting Triad level 10...

I've tried replaying missions in the social hub to get more triad EXP but the bar doesn't move when I've finished the mission... Phone Post
9/6/12 11:31 AM
UGCTT_Fraser_Finlay

This fucking sucks...

I'm trying to 100% the game (I've finished the main story) but my triad level is stuck at 9.5. I don't have anything else to do... I have no way of getting my triad level up. Do I seriously have to go through the entire game again, getting pretty much 99% completion but this time getting Triad level 10...

I've tried replaying missions in the social hub to get more triad EXP but the bar doesn't move when I've finished the mission... Phone Post
9/6/12 7:34 PM
supersaiyan

ttt for answers on this ^^ :P
9/7/12 8:02 AM
beanouno
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Going to get this at the weekend. Phone Post
9/7/12 10:30 AM
PJ Benn Fan

You wont be disappointed. The fighting moves alone are worth the price of admission!
9/7/12 3:04 PM
beanouno
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I've got it now! Awesome game. Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.