UnderGround Forums

GamerGround >> Sleeping Dogs

8/15/12 1:57 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Barry_BondsMVP
895 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

IGN Gives It An 8.5 http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/08/14/sleeping-dogs-review
8/15/12 3:20 AM
Barry_BondsMVP
895 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

lol when fighting Ming's homies on top of the building, just throw them off the roof one by one lol
8/15/12 8:29 AM
JonnyW
35 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Man, I keep driving into cars head on when taking turns since I'm not used to driving on that side of the road. Great game though, fighting is fun. I love throwing people into phone booths and kicking them in the face.
8/15/12 10:15 AM
PJ Benn Fan
195 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I have done the fight club and only got to the 5th level.
I have tried the mission where you take the van with Jimmy and have to fight off all the security guards but I cant actually pass that.
Have tried about 20 times now.
8/15/12 10:38 AM
RdotC
80 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It all about creating seperation and taking them out 1 by 1.

Seperate from the group, grapple on and slam them into a wall, kick them while they are down, and repeat.
8/15/12 11:25 AM
Lymond
47 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

JonnyW - Man, I keep driving into cars head on when taking turns since I'm not used to driving on that side of the road. Great game though, fighting is fun. I love throwing people into phone booths and kicking them in the face.

I'm glad I'm not the only one having driving issues. I do much better on a bike than in a car for some reason.

Loving the game so far. Few stutters here and there, which are particularly annoying in combat, but overall it's been great.

The biggest gripe I have is that my preorder bonus isn't showing up. I want my shaolin gear damnit.
8/15/12 1:09 PM
JonnyW
35 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If you have Just cause 2 on your PS3 you get Ricco's outfit that has a hijacking bonus.
8/15/12 7:12 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

PJ Benn Fan - I have done the fight club and only got to the 5th level.
I have tried the mission where you take the van with Jimmy and have to fight off all the security guards but I cant actually pass that.

what Rdot said, it took me 15 tries...the first group is simple...smash their heads against the side railing by the cliff, eventually you can push them over the railing end they'll fall into river...

as for the group with weapons,....I run to the point where it warns you about running too far, and they can't chase you...so pick them apart one by one with grappling...

I'm now at the part where you're working missions undercover with Inspector Teng, and now I'm running the City Bus Routes for Winston...
8/15/12 9:35 PM
supersaiyan
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

None So Blind - I may be the only person on here who liked the True Crime games, LOL.

So I guess that means this is a no-brainer purchse for me.

True Crime had its faults and they were numerous, but some of the things it did right were great (like learning martial arts moves and having deeper fighting than GTA at the time, and being able to pull off all kinds of insane moves while driving, like going full speed, spinning and going into reverse and then driving backwards so you could unload on assholes chasing you, etc.)

i may have to go n snatch these games...i bet they are dirt cheap for PS2 .

would you recommend them even tho they are dated??
8/15/12 9:41 PM
supersaiyan

dogfb -  Driving takes some getting used to. I can fly around the city easy now. 

i didnt have any issues driving as it felt quite simple imo...just pull the R trigger for drive and L trigger for reverse and L analog stick for left n right.

it was just as simple as GTA..

although ihave to say i dont particularly like the camera doing a full 360 degrees into DIZZy-land turn if you "over steer" tho.
8/15/12 9:44 PM
supersaiyan

JonnyW - Man, I keep driving into cars head on when taking turns since I'm not used to driving on that side of the road. Great game though, fighting is fun. I love throwing people into phone booths and kicking them in the face.

LMAO yeah me too was like WTF LOL..

keep trying to drive on the LEFT side of the road is so weird n unorthodox for us americans...guess that is how they do it in China...to make it worse they have a "damage" penalty feature everytime you wreck something ...pretty silly i have to lose money everytime ...oh well..

i have like 100,000 grand so i aint worried no mo hahaha
8/15/12 9:47 PM
supersaiyan

Barry_BondsMVP - 
PJ Benn Fan - I have done the fight club and only got to the 5th level.

what Rdot said, it took me 15 tries...the first group is simple...smash their heads against the side railing by the cliff, eventually you can push them over the railing end they'll fall into river...

as for the group with weapons,....I run to the point where it warns you about running too far, and they can't chase you...so pick them apart one by one with grappling...

I'm now at the part where you're working missions undercover with Inspector Teng, and now I'm running the City Bus Routes for Winston...

i had a similar issue doing (not sure if you did it yet) the STick and Deliver mission where you are locked in the yard after entering the gate to fight those baddies..

i figured to climb up my van n jump off WWE style on them fools with double knee shots like Tony Jaa
8/15/12 9:50 PM
supersaiyan

also guys... you can pick up weapons when baddies drop them and use it on their arses..( u can also throw the objects as well like knives n bricks)

:P
8/15/12 10:04 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

I haven't got there yet bro, i just did the mission where I went to the night club, sang some karaoke
8/15/12 10:14 PM
supersaiyan

lol... i think it was one of the New Cases missions (blue square shape on the map)
8/15/12 10:16 PM
supersaiyan

btw i am wearing my GSP headband thingy, mma shorts and GSP shirt...so much for trying to "fit in" with the Triads lol
8/15/12 10:16 PM
supersaiyan

Edited: 08/15/12 10:16 PM
btw i am wearing my GSP headband thingy, mma shorts and GSP shirt...so much for trying to "fit in" with the Triads lol

I AM COMING FOR YOU DOGEYES!!!!!!!!!!! :p
8/15/12 10:40 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

I HATE THAT NIGGA DOGEYES lol.....I just did the Karaoke/Club Mission, now I'm going to do my second surveillance watch...
8/16/12 3:41 AM
Barry_BondsMVP

damn game is addicting lol
8/16/12 3:54 AM
C Willy
27 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

supersaiyan - btw i am wearing my GSP headband thingy, mma shorts and GSP shirt...so much for trying to "fit in" with the Triads lol

I AM COMING FOR YOU DOGEYES!!!!!!!!!!! :p
I'm jealous. I got the GameStop preorder instead. Is the superman punch any good?? Phone Post
8/16/12 4:09 AM
Barry_BondsMVP

I just got introduced to Uncle Po
8/16/12 6:14 AM
Barry_BondsMVP

mannnn, if you guys got to the Wedding Chapter, you know shit got real..if not, just wait lol
8/16/12 7:55 AM
RdotC
80 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I've only played 4-5 hours total... but have been ignoring most of the main storyline.

Have been stealing cars for the phone missions, did the missions with the two women (totally worth it so the jade statues and health shrines appear on the minimap), and doing the drug busts.

Good way to get some better fight moves and level up a bit with the cops.
8/16/12 8:11 AM
RobMcKenzie

Thinking about purchasing in a couple of days based off what I've read here. Any advice for the start of the game? Phone Post
8/16/12 8:38 AM
RdotC

RobMcKenzie -  Thinking about purchasing in a couple of days based off what I've read here. Any advice for the start of the game? Phone Post

Do the first few required missions and then just start to explore and get your bearings....

No use flying through the story when there is so much other crap to do.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.