UnderGround Forums

GamerGround >> Sleeping Dogs

8/16/12 9:18 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
PJ Benn Fan
295 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Alright finally passed the fight club in North Point as well as the mission where you take the van with Jimmy and have to fight off the security guards.

Realized that against everyone but the grappler opponants, you are way better off just grabbing them and smashing their heads into shit.

Your combat fighting weighs VERY heavily on countering. If you dont counter you are dead and quick!

Tonight I will be taking on the mini bus mission and see where it lands me.

8/16/12 10:50 AM
Gracie killar
36 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Is there Multiplayer in this game?
8/16/12 11:04 AM
PJ Benn Fan
295 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Gracie killar - Is there Multiplayer in this game?

I dont believe so
8/16/12 12:50 PM
Gracie killar
36 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Fair enough I think I will be trading in Ghost Recon for this next week.
8/16/12 1:38 PM
Barry_BondsMVP
813 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

yes countering is the best thing to do, especially against guys with weapons..
8/16/12 2:46 PM
RicePicker

probably going to rent this, or buy it used and return it Phone Post
8/16/12 3:08 PM
Hessian
77 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Gracie killar - Is there Multiplayer in this game?

Sadly no ...
8/16/12 3:54 PM
JonnyW
58 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Easy way to get away from the popo....

ram em!
8/16/12 10:02 PM
supersaiyan
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

yes ...COUNTER COUNTER COUnter...

i did this alot and practice in that kungfu fight club with different opponents after meeting with that AManda girl..

i did pretty good with the grapplers/brawlers/strikers ...

the armed guys are the assholes i cant seem to counter or beat without taking damage...and once you get stabbed its hard to defend/counter without taking more ..especially with 3-4 guys coming at you.

the countering against them only last a quick second and then you still get stabbed just afterwards . i think the key is to separate n stay MOBILE and still with them one on one imo
8/16/12 10:05 PM
supersaiyan

RdotC - 
RobMcKenzie -  Thinking about purchasing in a couple of days based off what I've read here. Any advice for the start of the game? Phone Post

Do the first few required missions and then just start to explore and get your bearings....

No use flying through the story when there is so much other crap to do.

word
8/16/12 10:09 PM
supersaiyan

C Willy - 
supersaiyan - btw i am wearing my GSP headband thingy, mma shorts and GSP shirt...so much for trying to "fit in" with the Triads lol

I AM COMING FOR YOU DOGEYES!!!!!!!!!!! :p
I'm jealous. I got the GameStop preorder instead. Is the superman punch any good?? Phone Post

i actually like it as if it has a purpose -good for making room when facing multiple attackers.. it actually opens guys up more than just punching in general..i think (from my own experience) if you Superman punch guys back to back it will break their defense n knock em back a lil as well.

the spinning sweep kick is also cool as well :P
8/16/12 10:11 PM
supersaiyan

ANyone get passed the boneheads in the BAM BAM club in the VIP area upsstairs yet?? i keep getting owned by Benny's crew. its the same place where you do the karoake thing.
8/16/12 10:12 PM
supersaiyan

ANyone get passed the boneheads in the BAM BAM club in the VIP area upsstairs yet?? i keep getting owned by Benny's crew. its the same place where you do the karoake thing.
8/16/12 10:32 PM
PJ Benn Fan

Super,

The trick I realized for fighting is to use the enviroment as much as possible besides getting your counter timing down.

So instead of fighting a guy and getting hit from behind with a flying kick because you werent fast enough, grab the guy and slam his head into the wall.

Then QUICKLY pick him up and do that again.

Same applies if your close to a ledge.

After you pick him up the first or second time just throw him over and move on to the next guy!
8/16/12 10:48 PM
supersaiyan

sounds like a plan hahah thanks :)

yea i am too much relying on sheer skill and techs...gotta use the environment more .

apparently "8 Limbs" will only get you so far with these guys.
8/16/12 11:48 PM
Barry_BondsMVP
813 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Saiyan, was that where you're chasing the dude in the restroom at the Club??? 

I'm enjoying our character development, you can see how deep he's getting involved in the Gang, and it's effecting him as a Cop...

I don't want to spoil  anything, but I have a hunch about something during the Wedding Mission...
8/17/12 6:28 AM
supersaiyan

cant rmr...i had togo to that club...n find the hostess...sing with her at he kaoroke bar...then search for Benny ( think he a drug dealer or something)..

but i have to go up the winding steps in the Bam Bam club to the VIp and then thats where it goes down
8/17/12 6:55 AM
TheZa
133 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The last mission is fucking amazing. Going to sleep now, my eyes hurt. Phone Post
8/17/12 9:08 AM
PJ Benn Fan

Also if you are having a tough time fightign the gangs in missions or the drug busts, you may want to collect the statues first to build up your moves.

So far I have the leg break, the tackle, and the sprint followed by strike.

Another trick for the drug busts is to drive to the location in a car. Then pop the trunk and there should be a crowbar in there.

Helps out bigtime!
8/17/12 9:11 AM
RdotC
123 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

PJ Benn Fan - Also if you are having a tough time fightign the gangs in missions or the drug busts, you may want to collect the statues first to build up your moves.

So far I have the leg break, the tackle, and the sprint followed by strike.

Another trick for the drug busts is to drive to the location in a car. Then pop the trunk and there should be a crowbar in there.

Helps out bigtime!

You can also usually hop back in your car and run a few of them over.

Some of the drug busts in the other areas of the city are retardedly harder. One I did you have to eliminate 17 thugs.

Another had guns.

Needless to say I almost died on both and ended up running away.
8/17/12 10:42 AM
UGCTT_Fraser_Finlay
224 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Fuck!

My game wasn't delivered today...

Fuckin Amazon! Phone Post
8/17/12 11:50 AM
RML
165 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I don't know if I should buy this
8/17/12 12:09 PM
dogfb
62 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I love getting on a super fast motercycle and driving crazy fast on the highway. 
8/17/12 12:15 PM
Brandable
74 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

so is it good?

i see the usual new game excitement followed by confusion towards the game mechanics and combat.

What's the scoop?
8/17/12 12:20 PM
RML
165 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I have 50 best buy bucks that need to be spent by tomorrow..  should I get this?

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.