UnderGround Forums

GamerGround >> Sleeping Dogs

8/17/12 12:20 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Lymond
45 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The game is fun as hell. It is a little derivative, but they didn't hide the fact that they were taking good stuff from other games. Good story, and while there are plenty of cutscenes, they're not overwhelming and don't completely kill the action. I'm finding that sometimes the mouse control is a bit wonky, but nothing game breaking.

Was stoked when I went to play last night and it gave me all the Shaolin stuff from my preorder. Was running around town dressed like a Shaolin warrior, and did a couple martial arts clubs, figured I was dressed properly for them.
8/17/12 1:30 PM
TheZa
132 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Each Martial Arts club you beat gives you a different attire from a movie. There's Bruce Lee shirtless, Bruce Lee from Enter the Dragon, Ong Bak, and Rumble in the Bronx. The club in Kennedytown's 6th stage has like 20 guys at once. Phone Post
8/17/12 2:51 PM
nrallen
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

only been playing 2-3 hours and really enjoying this so far. it's far more fun than gta, it also controls better and the camera is easy to handle.

in eurogamer's review they criticised the camera and visuals but so far i've seen no issues with either, especially compared with gta 4.

the world might not be as detailed and in-depth as gta's but the things that matter are there.

the fighting is great, a much improved version of shenmue. vehicles handled brilliantly, arcade feel but easy to keep under control. the main character isn't as agile as that of assassin's creed but does have some useful parkour abilities. i've not got so far as to use the guns yet so cannot comment on those.
8/17/12 5:07 PM
Barry_BondsMVP
907 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

yes, this game is a must buy imo...

Za, you beat the game already bro?
8/17/12 9:32 PM
supersaiyan

Edited: 08/17/12 9:42 PM
oops wrong post
8/17/12 9:38 PM
supersaiyan

Brandable - so is it good?

i see the usual new game excitement followed by confusion towards the game mechanics and combat.

What's the scoop?

oh man do GET the game...dont let the initial issues block you from getting the game...as with any new game more or less..it takes time to adjust to things like mechanics and controller comfort setup n such.

if anything you can come in this thread and have a ready and set Q/A breakdown from our own experience :)

thats the good thing about the GAmerground... folks will have a layout you can just follow to ease your gameplay...

i plan to do the same thing for Dark Souls( a long thread on the GG )with LOTS of suggestions n advice i will MOS dEF be using.

DO get Sleeping Dogs man we are all helping each other through the game :)
8/17/12 9:40 PM
supersaiyan

Edited: 08/17/12 9:49 PM
PJ Benn Fan - Also if you are having a tough time fightign the gangs in missions or the drug busts, you may want to collect the statues first to build up your moves.

So far I have the leg break, the tackle, and the sprint followed by strike.

Another trick for the drug busts is to drive to the location in a car. Then pop the trunk and there should be a crowbar in there.

Helps out bigtime!

yeah true..i been get new moves when i find the statues over the maps n bring to the dojo and upgrade techs n stuff

so far i got Disarming with more ease, leg break and tackle takedown with strike upgrade
..i can also do that "rollover the opponents back" move where you end up behind him...whatever thatwas called
8/17/12 9:44 PM
supersaiyan

Barry_BondsMVP -  yes, this game is a must buy imo...

i would be shocked to HELL if someone already beat the game TBH
8/17/12 9:47 PM
supersaiyan

nrallen - only been playing 2-3 hours and really enjoying this so far. it's far more fun than gta, it also controls better and the camera is easy to handle.

in eurogamer's review they criticised the camera and visuals but so far i've seen no issues with either, especially compared with gta 4.

the world might not be as detailed and in-depth as gta's but the things that matter are there.

the fighting is great, a much improved version of shenmue. vehicles handled brilliantly, arcade feel but easy to keep under control. the main character isn't as agile as that of assassin's creed but does have some useful parkour abilities. i've not got so far as to use the guns yet so cannot comment on those.

i can agree with this man...

i did use a gun ( i beat the crap outta cop for kicks he dropped his gun) and it handled well..had a SaintsRow/gTA feel to it imo..nothing new really
8/17/12 10:42 PM
Barry_BondsMVP
907 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

supersaiyan - 

I would too lol...but I just looked at the walk through guide, and I'm pretty close to the end apparently ..
8/17/12 11:35 PM
supersaiyan

damn...game is that short? guess if you do side quests n all the lil stuff you will get more out of it
8/17/12 11:40 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

yea I thought it would be longer, according to the walk through, I have like 3 Chapters left...
8/18/12 1:13 AM
Trojan Rubber Guard
83 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I beat the main story two days ago and I'm like 75% completed overall. It is a really fun game Phone Post
8/18/12 1:17 AM
RML
153 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Just picked this up.. and Darksiders II.. let's do this
8/18/12 3:17 AM
TheZa
132 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Barry_BondsMVP - 
supersaiyan - 

I would too lol...but I just looked at the walk through guide, and I'm pretty close to the end apparently ..

Yeah, and I did everything.  The only things I have left are the races, all cameras, all briefcases, and all heatlh shrines.  Fuck the driving camera though.  Combat is easy, but driving can be a pain in the ass sometimes because you can't adjust the camera at all in close quarters.
8/18/12 3:18 AM
Barry_BondsMVP

I'm not too into the other features like others...i buy the games for the storylines...dissappointing it isn't longer...is the ending worth it though?
8/18/12 5:13 AM
TheZa

Dude the last two levels are amazing.  
8/18/12 5:17 AM
Barry_BondsMVP

I just did the last Cop level, now i'm saving the last chapter for tomorrow...it's like Mafia II and Red Dead Redemption, don't want it too end lol...
8/18/12 6:52 AM
UGCTT_Fraser_Finlay
224 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Game came today. I got to play a little bit at a friends house last night and it was awesome. I wasn't doing any missions, just running around killing people and cops. This game plays like a kung fu movie, it's great! Phone Post
8/18/12 4:49 PM
TheZa

Eloise Ann - This game is awesome. Haven't gotten too far in to it, just been doing favours and drug busts and fight clubs.

One thing I've been doing to amuse myself is if a motorbike is coming towards me from the opposite direction, hold a so the door flies open and knock them off. Good times Phone Post
That's pretty funny. I like to running jumpkick random people or put them in the trunk and drive it into the water. Phone Post
8/18/12 7:15 PM
supersaiyan

Edited: 08/18/12 7:16 PM
i like to do running flying kicks on fools off the motorcycles at red lights and then roll off with it LOL!!!
8/18/12 7:18 PM
supersaiyan

some girl dropped her purse and i picked it up ran across the street so i could throw it at some old woman lol!!!

i know sooo wrooongg
8/18/12 8:56 PM
supersaiyan

yeah the guns are really not necessary and rather use weapons or improvise the usage of objects
8/18/12 11:06 PM
PJ Benn Fan
170 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Anyone elses game freeze periodically? Phone Post
8/19/12 12:16 AM
supersaiyan

thats a first i heard of freezing...nothing here has been a plm.... i am on xbox360 btw

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.