UnderGround Forums

GeekGround >> Sequel to X-Men: First Class is....

7/30/12 10:41 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
orcus
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

X-Men: Days of Future Past

Could this movie be awesome?? Although I'd think they'd need to get Jackman on board, but then he'd kind of steal the thunder of the others. 

Plus presumably the story will have to change a LOT since Xavier etc are so young.
7/31/12 1:26 AM
Augie Max
171 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

augiemax.com
orcus -  Could this movie be awesome?? Although I'd think they'd need to get Jackman on board, but then he'd kind of steal the thunder of the others.

SPOILER ALERT...

Not if they do this to him in the first few minutes...

7/31/12 5:52 AM
MarkRobinson
1427 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

WHAAAAAT! 

Seriously!? 

SAUCE!
I NEED A SAUCE!!!!

Im so down for distopia. 
7/31/12 8:54 AM
Thanos Foo
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MORE SPOILERS!!!!!!

This movie is fucking awful.
7/31/12 9:23 AM
paw
1564 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

orcus -  X-Men: Days of Future Past

Could this movie be awesome??

Could be....but I'm not going to hold my breath. 
7/31/12 12:30 PM
orcus

Can't remember source, I know a month ago many sites reported that Fox registered the title, yesterday I read something saying it was confirmed this was the title of the next movie.
7/31/12 8:14 PM
Liyon
139 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

First Class was average at best outside of Magneto, Prof. X, and Sebastian Shaw. Not holding out hope for this one.
7/31/12 9:01 PM
orcus

Yeah, Magneto and Xavier were awesome, everyone else sucked, and the CG was mostly terrible.
8/1/12 12:59 AM
Zenoplata
115 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Like from the cartoon?

I liked the other ones with Bishop and Cable. One Man's Worth was my favorite.
8/2/12 9:29 PM
Augie Max
171 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

augiemax.com
From Geekscape's FB page...

8/6/12 1:56 AM
HardyJenns

I like it

I thought First Class was actually a pretty solid new direction IMO, awesome retro feel and casting

here is the interview with Singer confirming:

http://www.ign.com/videos/2012/08/01/x-men-first-class-sequel-bryan-singer-confirms-days-of-future-past
8/13/12 11:05 PM
Kneeblock
28 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Whoa at Days of the Future Past. Big shift in direction and does that mean no more Fassbender?
8/27/12 6:08 PM
RedFox3
23 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Was First Class a reboot? It has so many continuity errors with the other X-men films that it was hard for me to enjoy. Personally I'm more stoked for The Wolverine.
8/27/12 11:03 PM
paw
1564 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

RedFox3 - Was First Class a reboot? It has so many continuity errors with the other X-men films that it was hard for me to enjoy. Personally I'm more stoked for The Wolverine.

Yes, First Class was a reboot...and more "based on" the x-men.  Marvel still owns the license to some x-characters, Marvel didn't have creative control over the script, etc.....
8/27/12 11:19 PM
Augie Max

Edited: 08/27/12 11:19 PM
augiemax.com
RedFox3 - Was First Class a reboot? It has so many continuity errors with the other X-men films that it was hard for me to enjoy. Personally I'm more stoked for The Wolverine.

More of a prequel than anything.  They all seem to be under the same Bryan Singer continuity.

Kneeblock, Magneto was in Days of Future Past.  Plus, even if he wasn't in it, it doesn't really matter.  They can do whatever they want, as they obviously already have.  Their Days of Future past will probably have Cable, Hope and Bishop.

8/28/12 4:39 PM
RedFox3
23 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

paw - 

Yes, First Class was a reboot...and more "based on" the x-men.  Marvel still owns the license to some x-characters, Marvel didn't have creative control over the script, etc.....

Oh thank science! I got really irritated with Fox after I'd thought about how it related to the other X men movies...
8/28/12 7:07 PM
MarkRobinson
1427 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I think that's only half correct. It was a reboot that didn't want to be a reboot. They heavily implied that it was within the x film continuity.

Which made the film even more retarded.

As if Beast running 300mph wasn't enough.
8/28/12 7:21 PM
Zenoplata
115 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Guys, was Days of Future Past just a few of the cartoon episodes or an actual storyline? I'm confused. I thought it was the cartoons where people assassinated some senator or Charles or something and Nimrod was chasing Bishop and Cable through time etc.
8/28/12 7:32 PM
Augie Max

augiemax.com
Zenoplata -  Guys, was Days of Future Past just a few of the cartoon episodes or an actual storyline? I'm confused. I thought it was the cartoons where people assassinated some senator or Charles or something and Nimrod was chasing Bishop and Cable through time etc.

Actual storyline in the comic book.  See here!
8/28/12 7:48 PM
Augie Max

Edited: 08/28/12 7:52 PM
augiemax.com
9/26/12 10:19 PM
Augie Max

Edited: 09/26/12 10:19 PM
MMARoundup.com

Patrick Stewart is teasing a return to X-Men franchise.  My guess is a cameo in this film.

9/26/12 11:10 PM
orcus

Hands up, all those who have ever addressed their wife directly as "my wife".

"Awesome BJ, my wife."

"Don't put the burgers on the grill yet, my wife."

Really good natural dialogue there!

9/26/12 11:42 PM
Calebcb
111 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I can imagine a guy born in the 1920's talking like that.
9/26/12 11:44 PM
MarkRobinson

I talk like that, my wives.
9/27/12 12:03 AM
Augie Max

MMARoundup.com

Guys, it's Colosous we're talking about here.  Funny Russian accent.  Tovarish?  Comrade?!

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.