UnderGround Forums

GeekGround >> Sequel to X-Men: First Class is....

9/27/12 12:52 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
orcus
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I thought it was Magneto. Terrible layout.

10/2/12 3:38 PM
Augie Max
168 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MMARoundup.com

Patrick Stewart and Famke Janssen likely to return for this.

10/2/12 5:26 PM
Hemlock
145 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

for later

I don't remember the storyline, despite remembering owning the comics. Will have to catch up tonight
10/19/12 12:03 PM
Augie Max
168 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 10/19/12 12:21 PM
MMARoundup.com

IGN: "X-Men Meets Terminator" In Days of Future Past

Mark Millar has been talking up the forthcoming X-Men: Days of Future Past, explaining that the superhero sequel will have a very definite Terminator vibe.

The Kick-Ass co-creator – who has just been installed as the chief consultant on Fox’s Marvel movies – spoke to SFX (via Total Film) about Matthew Vaughn's X-Men: First Class sequel.

"Vaughn is going for a big sci-fi style thing with X-Men: Days of Future Past" he revealed. "It's X-Men meets The Terminator.

"You've got robots, you've got time travel, you've got superheroes - it's got everything in one film."

Could this mean the iconic Sentinels will be making an appearance in the movie? Whatever the case, it sounds like the scope will be bigger than part one.

"Cost-wise it's going to go up, and ambitious-wise it's gone up," Millar explained. "But Vaughn can handle it. Vaughn made Kick-Ass for $28 million."

And it sounds like Millar is planning continuity for the universe, telling SFX in a separate story: “Fox have said that they want to build a cohesive universe and I’d personally like this to work in complement to the Marvel one. It would be cool if these universes didn’t contradict each other so if you went to see Spidey, The Avengers, the X-Men, etc, as a viewer you would have no idea that all three are coming from different studios. I’d love to make it look like they’re all just happening in one place.”

10/19/12 12:36 PM
paw
1173 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Kudos to Millar trying to plan continuity, and I hope that I don't sound too jaded, but I don't trust the-powers-that-be at Fox to actually listen to him.

10/19/12 12:38 PM
Augie Max

MMARoundup.com
paw - 

Kudos to Millar trying to plan continuity, and I hope that I don't sound too jaded, but I don't trust the-powers-that-be at Fox to actually listen to him.

My stentiments exactly.

10/19/12 4:05 PM
RedDragonUK
335 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Fox execs suck Phone Post
10/19/12 4:51 PM
Salokcin69
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Augie Max -
Thank you for this. Was kinda looking for something just like this. Phone Post
10/27/12 2:30 PM
Augie Max

MMARoundup.com

Director Matthew Vaughn Steps Down from X-Men: Days of Future Past.   Bryan Singer possible runner up.

10/30/12 11:24 PM
Augie Max

Edited: 10/30/12 11:29 PM
MMARoundup.com

Singer is now official.  Vaughn stays on as a producer.

10/31/12 12:07 AM
MarkRobinson
901 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

RedDragonUK -  Fox execs suck Phone Post

X1000

10/31/12 12:58 AM
Kneeblock
39 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Augie Max -

Singer is now official.  Vaughn stays on as a producer.

YES!!! Phone Post
11/27/12 7:05 PM
Augie Max

MMARoundup.com

Official: McKellen & Stewart Return in X-Men: Days of Future Past.

11/27/12 8:29 PM
orcus

Singer, McKellen, Stewart, Days of Future Past...this sounds awesome. Don't they almost *have* to get Hugh Jackman in this? Although he would likely steal the thunder of the team they've built.

11/27/12 8:56 PM
Augie Max

MMARoundup.com

You're literally saying the exact same thing you said when you started this thread.

11/27/12 9:41 PM
Zenoplata
159 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hugh Jackman is great!

Can they get the dude that played Sabretooth too?

Can Spider-Man make an appearance? Are they owned by the same company? I don't care if it's that stupid little emo kid, he can just keep the mask on.

11/27/12 9:42 PM
Augie Max

MMARoundup.com

Spider-Man is Sony.  X-Men is Fox.  So no.

11/27/12 9:54 PM
Zenoplata
159 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Does Fox own the rights to any other characters I like? Maybe the Punisher?

11/27/12 10:07 PM
Zenoplata

They own DareDevil.

They should have a mutant concentration camp type thing with Keeper Murdock.

11/27/12 11:43 PM
Alumatine
69 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Zenoplata -

They own DareDevil.

Hell yes Phone Post
11/28/12 12:40 AM
TheZa
132 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Zenoplata -

They own DareDevil.

Didn't DD revert to Marvel? Phone Post
11/28/12 1:49 AM
orcus

Augie Max - 

You're literally saying the exact same thing you said when you started this thread.

lol...at least I was right both times.

11/28/12 1:52 AM
orcus

Fox: X-Men and most (maybe all?) mutants, Fantastic Four.

Sony: Spider-Man

Marvel: Everyone else, including Daredevil (Fox didn't get a new movie off the ground fast enough so the rights reverted back to Marvel).

Punisher movies were Lionsgate, not sure if they still own the rights or if Marvel bought them back. War Zone was a bomb so as an independent studio you'd think they'd be happy to sell.

11/29/12 11:19 AM
orcus

I guess it was inevitable. Hugh Jackman is in talks.

Could this be the best X-Men movie ever? 

I'd like to see them bring back Nightcrawler, who was one of the best parts of X-2, and finally get a good Colossus going.

1/12/13 12:19 PM
orcus

Jackman is officially signed to the cast.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.