UnderGround Forums

GeekGround >> Sequel to X-Men: First Class is....

1/12/13 1:28 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Augie Max
171 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MMARoundup.com
He's probably going to steal the thunder of the team they've built. :| Phone Post
1/16/13 2:55 PM
ntcdef
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

orcus - 

Hands up, all those who have ever addressed their wife directly as "my wife".

"Awesome BJ, my wife."

"Don't put the burgers on the grill yet, my wife."

Really good natural dialogue there!

I did all the time..................hey wife dish need done, stuff like that

1/16/13 3:39 PM
disbeliever
530 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mixed Martial Arts LLC, Moderator
Wait, if they stick to the comic book doesn't Wolverine die a few minutes into it from a sentinal blast?

Are they going to really kill Jackman 5 minutes into the movie?
1/16/13 10:16 PM
Calebcb
112 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

They should. It was the good kind of jobbing.
1/16/13 10:19 PM
disbeliever
530 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Honestly I'd rather see an older more gruff Wolverine trying to survive a post apocolyptic world
1/16/13 10:51 PM
Calebcb
112 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Old Man Logan awaits you.
1/17/13 2:51 AM
TheZa
133 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Isn't his skeloton being kept in a tank or was that just in the cartoon? Phone Post
1/28/13 1:17 AM
orcus
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Anna Paquin (Rogue), Ellen Page (Kitty Pryde), and Shawn Ashmore (Iceman) all signed to the movie now too.

Wonder if it will just be cameos of them getting killed?

1/28/13 1:38 PM
orcus
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Some more comments from Singer have emerged from his Empire interview, including his thoughts on how faithful and true to The Uncanny X-Men issues #141 and #142 the film should be.

"It has a lot of aspects of the comic. The actual comic of 'Days Of Future Past' had a whole ton of stuff going on, so it’s like any of these things; you have to distill it. But I think the fans will be pleased that some of the most exciting parts of 'Days Of Future Past' are going to be connected to this movie." 

As for how DAYS OF FUTURE PAST will slot ionto the movie canon established with his three films, Wolverine's origin story and FIRST CLASS, he's not overlooking any of it.

"I’m taking into account every movie – I’m not just grabbing my first two movies and First Class and smashing them together. I’m taking into account the entire universe as it’s been laid out so far on the screen, and really respecting it and trying to work with that. People took things in various directions, so there’s some clean-up," he confessed. "But ultimately I’m not just ignoring them either." 

1/28/13 10:53 PM
Salokcin69
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

orcus -

Some more comments from Singer have emerged from his Empire interview, including his thoughts on how faithful and true to The Uncanny X-Men issues #141 and #142 the film should be.

"It has a lot of aspects of the comic. The actual comic of 'Days Of Future Past' had a whole ton of stuff going on, so it’s like any of these things; you have to distill it. But I think the fans will be pleased that some of the most exciting parts of 'Days Of Future Past' are going to be connected to this movie." 

As for how DAYS OF FUTURE PAST will slot ionto the movie canon established with his three films, Wolverine's origin story and FIRST CLASS, he's not overlooking any of it.

"I’m taking into account every movie – I’m not just grabbing my first two movies and First Class and smashing them together. I’m taking into account the entire universe as it’s been laid out so far on the screen, and really respecting it and trying to work with that. People took things in various directions, so there’s some clean-up," he confessed. "But ultimately I’m not just ignoring them either." 

Yay!!!!! Phone Post
1/28/13 11:12 PM
MarkRobinson
1421 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"People took things in various directions, so theres some clean up."  

Good. First Class was a fuckin mess of a film.

Im getting a bit more optimistic about this one. 

1/30/13 3:14 PM
SKARHEAD
60 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

disbeliever - Wait, if they stick to the comic book doesn't Wolverine die a few minutes into it from a sentinal blast?

No.

Wolverine doesn't die until the very end of the Days of Future Past story...He should survive, at least, until the very end of the movie if they do it right.
1/30/13 3:16 PM
disbeliever

SKARHEAD - 
disbeliever - Wait, if they stick to the comic book doesn't Wolverine die a few minutes into it from a sentinal blast?

No.

Wolverine doesn't die until the very end of the Days of Future Past story...He should survive, at least, until the very end of the movie if they do it right.

Really? I thought I remembered him dying fairly early in the story from a sentinal blast.
1/30/13 4:17 PM
Augie Max
171 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 01/30/13 11:22 PM
MMARoundup.com
disbeliever - 
SKARHEAD - 

No.

Really? I thought I remembered him dying fairly early in the story from a sentinal blast.

I believe the confusion is based on what you consider the full run.  The Trade Paperback has Uncanny X-Men 138-143 and X-Men Annual #4.  I've always felt that Issues 141 & 142 were the primary issues which in that case Wolverine dies at the beginning.  Wikipedia lists it that way as well.

Killing him off at the beginning is the way to go.  It'll throw all the noobs off and establish that everyone can be killed just like Walking Dead.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.