UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Jones sentenced in DWI

7/31/12 11:12 AM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1228 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

On May 19, Jon Jones ran his Bentley into a telephone poll, and was arrested on a misdemeanor DWI charge.

Sentencing was originally scheduled for July 3, but Jones appeared in Court to ask for more time to complete a drug and alcohol abuse program, which was granted, pushing sentencing off until today.

Jones was issued a $1,000 fine, six-month license suspension, must have automobile ignition interlocks installed in his vehicles, and must complete a victim-impact panel.

The state of New York differentiates between DWI (Driving While Impaired/Driving While Intoxicated) and DUI (Driving Under the Influence) by establishing a blood alcohol level of .08 as the legal limit for DWI. If a person has a blood alcohol level of .07, the charges may be reduced to a DUI, which carries a lesser punishment.

Ignition interlocks are an in-car breathalyser, that prevents a vehicle from starting if the driver is under the influence of alcohol.

"Blessed to still have the full support of Broom County/ all my fans and my DWI case officially behind me," tweeted Jones. "Moving forward."

Jones now moves forward to a September 1 title defense against Dan Henderson at UFC 151 in Las Vegas, Nevada.

7/31/12 11:13 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
SMS89
49 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mixed feelings about this... Phone Post
7/31/12 11:16 AM
irishrottie
123 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

bs
7/31/12 11:16 AM
discodrew
70 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

got off easy IMO. Phone Post
7/31/12 11:19 AM
Chimonos Revenge
266 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It is good having Zuffa's legal team behind you.

Ask Rampage
7/31/12 11:19 AM
SunnyKO'd my SN
356 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

pretty standard for first offense
7/31/12 11:20 AM
buckshot44
64 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Meh.. slap on the wrist imo..
7/31/12 11:23 AM
UGCTT_LnPninja
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

7/31/12 11:24 AM
Tad Ghostal
10 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

$1,000 is a joke, it should be a % of yearly income like in Sweden.
7/31/12 11:25 AM
AGC IV

Not really I got a dui halloween weekend and got the same exact sentence. That's pretty much the standard. 6 month suspention of driving license sucks as well as ur insurance skyrocketing again when ur can drive.

He will probably also have to pay a flat fee of 1000 per year for the next four years to dps as well to renew my license.

That's not to mention how much was spent on attorney fees. I got out lucky at around 5 grand but when its all said it done it probably cost me 15 k.

For Jones money isn't an so I bet the bad publicity was the worst thing about this whole thing. Really didn't help his Christian image, but being a Christian doesn't mean ur perfect either. Phone Post
7/31/12 11:26 AM
AGC IV

duckhuntgangsta -
discodrew - got off easy IMO. Phone Post
No he didn't, he getting a fair shake in the court of law but in Cory of public opinion he's serving a much stiffer sentence. I just hope this makes a better person, someone who is more honest with themselves. I wish Jon the best and lets all be grateful the only thing hurt here was a pretentious car and Jon's ego. Phone Post
This guy gets it. Phone Post
7/31/12 11:26 AM
Broady
34 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Just googled automobile ignition interlocks. Didn't realised they existed. In-car breathalyser.
7/31/12 11:30 AM
GMan99
62 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

No star treatment there. I am actually surprised he had to have the ignition interlock for a first offense. Tough statutes in NY!
7/31/12 11:34 AM
Stu Cazzo
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

discodrew -  got off easy IMO. Phone Post
Bullshit!

Usually a lawyer gets it off the record with no license suspended or breathlock....

Get a clue

7/31/12 11:40 AM
Phil999

Edited: 07/31/12 11:40 AM
7/31/12 11:40 AM
peppo

Edited: 07/31/12 11:40 AM
Tad Ghostal - $1,000 is a joke, it should be a % of yearly income like in Sweden.

That's Finland. CEO of Nokia got $150k fine for driving 45 in a 30-zone in 2002. In Sweden we have the same fines for everyone.
7/31/12 11:49 AM
WatchinMMA

lol hes so going to get his 16yo crew to breath in that thing to start his car
7/31/12 11:55 AM
3 Sided Square
459 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

How long until Jon Jones is spotted with an inflated balloon leaving (unnamed) bar.
7/31/12 12:02 PM
CKH09

Karma for messin with the pot heads.
7/31/12 12:05 PM
SonofJockstrap
21 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm glad they gave him the usual for the punishment instead of a judge either trying to "make an example" or give him "star treatment". Jones reputation is already tarnished in the eyes of numerous fans, and he's been run through the ringer. Hopefully he grows from this and becomes a better man because of it.
7/31/12 12:05 PM
AGC IV

AGC IV - Not really I got a dui halloween weekend and got the same exact sentence. That's pretty much the standard. 6 month suspention of driving license sucks as well as ur insurance skyrocketing again when ur can drive.

He will probably also have to pay a flat fee of 1000 per year for the next four years to dps as well to renew my license.

That's not to mention how much was spent on attorney fees. I got out lucky at around 5 grand but when its all said it done it probably cost me 15 k.

For Jones money isn't an so I bet the bad publicity was the worst thing about this whole thing. Really didn't help his Christian image, but being a Christian doesn't mean ur perfect either. Phone Post
But at least I didn't have to have one of those breathalizer starters installed.

I also didn't crash into anything either lol. Phone Post
7/31/12 12:06 PM
Big EP
325 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

WatchinMMA - lol hes so going to get his 16yo crew to breath in that thing to start his car

They actually install a camera so when you are blowing into it, they can verify it's you. My buddy has one installed in his BMW and I've driven with him a few times. He was asked nicely NOT to flick off the camera when he was blowing.
7/31/12 12:10 PM
JoelN
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

peppo -
Tad Ghostal - $1,000 is a joke, it should be a % of yearly income like in Sweden.

That's Finland. CEO of Nokia got $150k fine for driving 45 in a 30-zone in 2002. In Sweden we have the same fines for everyone.
Goddamn! Id be broke in no time. Phone Post
7/31/12 12:10 PM
2JupitersTooMany
1788 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

My first reaction was that the interlock condition was harsh compared to most first offenses, but I'm in Minnesota and maybe that's standard over there.  But am I remembering correctly that there were a couple ladies in the car who were injured?  Maybe that's not right.
7/31/12 12:13 PM
WatchinMMA

Big EP - 
WatchinMMA - lol hes so going to get his 16yo crew to breath in that thing to start his car

They actually install a camera so when you are blowing into it, they can verify it's you. My buddy has one installed in his BMW and I've driven with him a few times. He was asked nicely NOT to flick off the camera when he was blowing.

haha. damn well that is pretty legit

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.