UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Vera: Jones no longer 'some young punk'

7/31/12 12:21 PM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1059 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

If he beats Rua and Jones defeats Henderson, Vera believes he now has the proper mindset to be successful against the champ.

“The very first time I fought Jon Jones, I thought he was just some young punk and I didn't respect him at all. I got what I deserved,” recounted Vera. “If and when I do get a chance to fight Mr. Jones again, I promise he'll have my full and undivided attention.”

Of course, all the talk about title shots and winning the lottery are for not if Vera doesn’t take advantage of the opportunity laid at his feet.

“This opportunity, it's a dream come true and makes everything okay, and I'm taking full advantage of it. I've never been so confident, so sure ever in my life.”

read entire article...

7/31/12 12:37 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
WALLSTREET_WRESTLER
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ya ya ya Vera....shut it and perform
7/31/12 12:39 PM
RandyDarsh
112 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

i stopped reading/listening to veras pre fight hype,
he says the same thing every time
7/31/12 12:43 PM
WelshWarrior
25 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He hasn't got the skill set to beat jones! Should just focus his mind on keeping his job with UFC Phone Post
7/31/12 1:05 PM
huggy bear

WelshWarrior - He hasn't got the skill set to beat jones! Should just focus his mind on keeping his job with UFC Phone Post
This Phone Post
7/31/12 1:21 PM
rezzz
49 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Is this guy ever going to back up his talk?
7/31/12 1:23 PM
stack321style
15 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

rezzz - Is this guy ever going to back up his talk?
No Phone Post
7/31/12 1:26 PM
newjack900
18 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I put Vera in the same category as Tito Ortiz of the past few years.. just shut up and go away. I've seen this dude beat up way too many times for the UFC to be wasting time still trying to hype him. And these guys actually believe the hype even after all the beatings it's crazy.
7/31/12 1:26 PM
roperninja
48 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

huggy bear -
WelshWarrior - He hasn't got the skill set to beat jones! Should just focus his mind on keeping his job with UFC Phone Post
This Phone Post
X2 Phone Post
7/31/12 1:29 PM
UGCTT_THE Kevin Chandler
160 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Believing in Vera is starting to be like believing in CroCop.....

I still believe....
7/31/12 1:38 PM
Giventofly99
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

at least he didnt say "this is a new improved version of me. ill be different and better than you've ever seen me before. the guys at the gym convinced me to rededicate myself" and then eek out a split decision against Eliot Marshall. God help him had Thiago Silva had a second chance...we may have seen our first death in the ufc...
7/31/12 2:21 PM
Pyrenus

Actions speak louder, Mr. Vera. Your performance review is past due.
7/31/12 2:46 PM
EckY
55 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UGCTT_THE Kevin Chandler -  Believing in Vera is starting to be like believing in CroCop.....

I still believe....

Horrible comaprison.  CroCop fought and beat the best across 2 sports for the better part of 15 years.
7/31/12 2:48 PM
Saltyballs
157 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Funny considering Vera had an interview days before the Jones fight where Vera said he had studied Jones, said Jones had no holes in his game, and said Jones was coming to finish.

Now he's saying he thought he was just some young punk and didn't take the fight serious?

Suuuuuure.

(H/T 12SixElbow) http://www.urdirt.com/2010/03/17/brandon-vera-is-not-buying-into-his-own-hype-anymore-wants-to-hurt-people-again/
7/31/12 3:20 PM
newjack900
18 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Saltyballs - Funny considering Vera had an interview days before the Jones fight where Vera said he had studied Jones, said Jones had no holes in his game, and said Jones was coming to finish.

Now he's saying he thought he was just some young punk and didn't take the fight serious?

Suuuuuure.

Great post.
7/31/12 3:21 PM
Giventofly99
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

newjack900 - 
Saltyballs - Funny considering Vera had an interview days before the Jones fight where Vera said he had studied Jones, said Jones had no holes in his game, and said Jones was coming to finish.

Suuuuuure.

Great post.

This...
7/31/12 3:26 PM
AliBomaye

This is the best Brandon Vera ever. Wait no that was against thiago or no maybe it was Reese Andy Phone Post
7/31/12 3:59 PM
Nonlinear

Future champion in two weight classes!
7/31/12 4:10 PM
UGCTT_Shope
35 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The guy has some legit skills, just has to perform. It's like he's never there mentally. Phone Post
7/31/12 4:44 PM
herculestex1

ALOT of hype when he came in, i hope he lives up to his potential
7/31/12 4:51 PM
Saltyballs
157 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

officedrone23 - Now that Vera has given Jones the thumbs up, Bones can consider himself legit.

LMAO!
7/31/12 5:49 PM
Strykr619

jushintiger - Do you think that Vera kicks himself everyday for not sticking with Rob Kaman?

With Kaman = undefeated
Without Kaman = 4-6

Pay the man some money. You might have a chance.

Ahhh I see someone gets it..... Ever since Rob Kaman and him split his career = stalled. 
7/31/12 6:38 PM
Saltyballs

jushintiger - Do you think that Vera kicks himself everyday for not sticking with Rob Kaman?

With Kaman = undefeated
Without Kaman = 4-6

Pay the man some money. You might have a chance.
Good post. Phone Post
7/31/12 7:30 PM
swany

officedrone23 - Now that Vera has given Jones the thumbs up, Bones can consider himself legit.

lol after what jones has accomplished there was always seemed to be something missing, and now hes got the official vera seal of approval

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.