UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Soares: Jones, Weidman not good for Silva, Diaz is

8/1/12 8:38 PM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1157 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

Anderson Silva's manager, Ed Soares, said at the UFC on FOX 4 open workouts that he doesn't think a bout with UFC light heavyweight champion Jon Jones is the right fight.

"I don't think it's a good fight," Soares said. "I think No. 1, Jon Jones, said he doesn't want the fight, and Anderson said he doesn't want the fight. What is it going to do for Jones if he goes go down in weight to fight Anderson? If he loses it's going to ruin him. If Anderson Silva moves up in weight and fights Jon Jones, here's a lighter guy who's going to take my title? C'mon dude.

"Anderson is fighting a much younger guy, a much bigger guy, and Jon Jones is going to be fighting a smaller guy who technically could be better than him. I can see why each guy wouldn't want to fight. What's the upside?"

Money?

"There's money out there regardless," Soares retorted.

"Dana can't force anyone to fight at a bigger weight class. Anderson is the 185-pound champion. He'll fight anyone you put in front of him. So make Jon Jones make 185 pounds if you want that to happen."

And what about Chris Weidman?

"Because he had an impressive win over Mark Munoz and Maia?" Soares paused and rolled his eyes before adding "Sure."

And what about Nick Diaz, who is under suspension until February?

"Sure, we'll consider anyone the UFC puts in front of us, I don't have a choice," said Soares. "Nick Diaz is a good opponent possibly, I mean, he's a smaller guy, but he's a guy who comes out and fights every time, he's going to put on a good fight."

"I don't know what's going to happen (with the suspension), that's a question for Dana and Silva."

Read entire article...

8/1/12 8:42 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
SOO72
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Yawn
8/1/12 8:43 PM
yellow wrkahlc
99 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 08/01/12 8:43 PM
So basically, he doesn't want to fight Chris and Jon because he might lose.

Message received. I like his response directed at Weidman, specifically. What a dumb response, for so many reasons already stated.

Soares pretty much contradicted himself when speaking about Jones and Diaz as potential fights.
8/1/12 8:43 PM
teamRAZORSHARP

I hate Ed soareS! he's an arrogant asshole, you would think it's him in there tooling people instead of Anderson.. he needs some humble pie Phone Post
8/1/12 8:44 PM
wufwugy

Silva vs Diaz is one of the best matchups possible. It's even better than that Diaz vs Condit fight I heard they tried to make a while back. I know they made a Diaz vs Condit ballet, but never were able to put together the Diaz vs Condit fight we all wished we could have seen
8/1/12 8:45 PM
damane08
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Why doesn't Soares shut the hell up?

Just stop talking.
8/1/12 8:45 PM
UGCTT_chuckles1
186 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Wow. Phone Post
8/1/12 8:46 PM
wariornation149
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Weidman will beat Anderson...!
8/1/12 8:46 PM
Chuck Kongo

Ed Soares = biggest cunt to ever stain MMA since Vadim Finkelstein
8/1/12 8:49 PM
MantainPain
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Soares is such a tool.
8/1/12 8:49 PM
The_Spider
114 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Diaz is more interesting than anyone else at 185, he's right. Silva vs anyone else will look like Maia, Leites, and Cote.
8/1/12 8:50 PM
Firemansam

Diaz has absolutely nothing for Silva. Phone Post
8/1/12 8:54 PM
matthias
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'd love to see Diaz fight Anderson personally, and I'd buy the card for sure. But that doesn't make Ed Soares any less of a fucking piece of shit, opportunist, lying with a straight face, bullshit constantly pouring out of his mouth scumbag.

Why do people even ask him questions? It's like trying to get a straight answer out of Bob Arum. Two peas in a pod. Phone Post
8/1/12 8:57 PM
nightkap
79 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Not takin anything away from Diaz. But, he'd better find a new gameplan. That come out and go straight forward style will get him hurt against the spider....EARLY KO Phone Post
8/1/12 8:58 PM
jmacdoug
39 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

hate that midget
8/1/12 8:59 PM
Dublin_Huntington
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

So the Weidman fight isn't credible but fighting a 170lber whos 1-1 in the UFC is? I know the Diaz fight could be great and obviously a huge dollar spinner but...
By Soares thinking then it's ok for Diaz to fight the bigger guy ( in a division he refused to fight in before w Mayhem) but senseless for AS to move up an fight Jones ( in a division he fought an dominated in previously)...

Lots of irony Phone Post
8/1/12 9:02 PM
Chuck Kongo

DoomFarmer -  And yet they were ok with a possible Munoz title shot when he was supposed to beat Weidman? Phone Post

Andy's greasy shitstain mouthpiece has in the past given a thumbs up to Michael Bisping as a challenger. Lmfao.

Need some new versions of these for Andy and Eddy.......

8/1/12 9:05 PM
Orcus Knows MMA Better Than Goku

Lol@orcus Phone Post
8/1/12 9:08 PM
DrBoogerLips
18 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sadly, Ed doesn't realize that his comments expose his team. He contradicted himself by saying "the UFC can't make you go up in weight" but then says "we'll consider anyone the UFC puts in front of us, I don't have a choice" when it comes to fighting Nick.

Dude it's obvious that Silva (or his camp) is terrified of the Jon Jones fight.

Anderson is the new Mayweather. Scared of a real threat.
Another Foob
20 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The problem is that Soares doesn't seem to get that his obligation to the interests of The UG is greater than his obligation to the interests of his clients. Sheesh, how does he even have a job?
JOESONDO
70 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

While I like the Diaz vs Silva match, Diaz is suspended until next year.

Neither Silva nor Soares should have any say in who the opponent is. If the UFC says Weidman then it should Weidman end of story. These rediculous assertions by Silva' s people about who is worthy and who is not are getting real old. Just shut up and fight. Who did Silva beat to get a title shot, Leban? How about Diaz, who did he beat for them to think he is a worthy opponent? Wait, it's not about that? Diaz is worthy because he brings it? And Weidman doesn't? Their logic is messed up. Just fight. Hand picking guys you think you can beat tainted your legacy. Phone Post
8/1/12 9:10 PM
JOESONDO
70 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Taints not tainted. His legacy is not tainted, yet. Phone Post
8/1/12 9:12 PM
Lazer MMA

Weidman is a joke (2 top wins are nothing) so no.....

So there is the biggest fight in UFC history in JBJ (not really but it appears so now) but no...

I'll look for money not VS JBJ where there is the most of it, but VS a WW....No one can force us to fight a bigger guy!
8/1/12 9:15 PM
Chuck Kongo

Another Foob - The problem is that Soares doesn't seem to get that his obligation to the interests of The UG is greater than his obligation to the interests of his clients. Sheesh, how does he even have a job?

And mma fans on the ug, except the weirdos who act like they were either fathered by or married to Anderson Silva (2 of the most rapid enablers and apologists will be along any moment-their initials are O and AF-hint, hint) have no interest or obligation in seeing Anderson get the most high reward ("big money") low risk fight his greasy shitstain carny can scam his way into.
8/1/12 9:16 PM
ranier wolfcastle
987 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ed is looking for a sure win vs diaz. $$$$$$$$$$$$

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.