UnderGround Forums

Judo/Sambo UnderGround >> Judo Orange County?

8/2/12 12:09 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
ohmy23
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Looking to take up Judo and have found a few schools with schedules that would work for me; any feedback would be helpful. I'm planning on checking all 3, but wanted to engage here first

1. oc judo - Anaheim
2. Bunasawakai - Costa Mesa
3. Conde Coma - Irvine

I would love to integrate some judo into my BJJ game; but more importantly just learn the art of Judo and have some fun working on a new art Phone Post
8/2/12 8:36 PM
OCJudoTrngCtr
44 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 08/02/12 8:36 PM
Bunasawakai and Conde Koma's are Nori Bunasawa.  Orange County Judo Training Center (OC Judo) is Juan Montenegro.  My screen name comes from joining this forum to help get his name around when he went out on his own in late 2007. So, of course I'm partial.

Both are very good.  Juan has been my head instructor for 20 years, as well as my dear friend.  His judo is outstanding. He is also a purple belt in BJJ for nearly 3 years.  Here is a link to him doing a quick demo.

www.youtube.com/watch

I'm pretty sure Nori gives a free trial to his classes like Juan does.  You can get a free trial by calling Juan at the number listed on his website.

This is a good time to let people know that this forum's Joshua Resnick and another So Cal judoka named Joey Nawa have opened a school in Orange County.  It's on Ball and Dale in Anaheim at the OCBC church. They had their inaugural class a few days ago, beginning with 15 kids.  They don't have adults members enrolled yet, but would love to build the adult and teen program.  If you put a thread to Joshua's attention, he'll see it in a day or two, and respond.

8/3/12 7:22 PM
ohmy23
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Very good information, thank you; the Anaheim locations are closest from work/home I will deff set up some drop ins

From your experience with Judo would one day per week be beneficial, of course I'd like to train more but unfortunetly it won't work with my schedule due to BJJ practice taking up 4-5 days out of my week Phone Post
8/4/12 3:50 AM
JoshuaResnick

My club is open on Tuesdays and Thursdays, kids at 6pm and adults at 730pm... we are starting small and easy.

how much would 1 day a week of judo help? how can anybody answer that? this is not a predetermined mathematical expression. i dont know your talent levels, age, mental focus, or anything of the such...

what can I promise if you come to a judo club-- be it mine at OCBC or Juan's at OCJTC...? you'll learn some Judo and have a good time. at Juan's right now you'll have more training partners, at mine it is almost like private lessons until we get more members. either way, Juan and I are good friends and both clubs have open doors to one another's members.
8/4/12 6:08 PM
ohmy23

Josh thanks for the info, do you have a website up; or an email where I can contact you for all of your clubs information? Phone Post
8/5/12 1:17 PM
JoshuaResnick

We are in the Orange County Buddhist Church Gym at 909 South Dale in Anaheim.. Basically right around the corner from Magnolia HS.

my email is resnick66@yahoo.com

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.