UnderGround Forums

Wrestling UnderGround >> Wrestling for adults

8/2/12 2:20 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
infamouscarpe
110 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I wrestled for 12 years and like most stopped after hs as only a few elite can wrestle on the college level.
That being said I want to know what it would take to start some sort of adult league, similar to that of youth wrestling. Wrestling is a sport that stays with you forever and its unfortunate that after hs most of us will never step foot on a mat again. Would anyone know where to begin Phone Post
8/6/12 1:15 PM
ChipW
128 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I hear ya man, id love something like that. that being said,  have you tried making the jump to submission grappling? 
8/6/12 4:45 PM
infamouscarpe
110 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Yea, I was training mma, muy thai, bjj and boxing but am on the shelf for now due to injuries from iraq.
I just always loved the sport of wrestling and having some sort of formalized adult leagues based on experience would be fantastic Phone Post
8/13/12 4:25 PM
AlexanderTheGOAT
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

With ya. I currently train sub grappling/ BJJ but I want to wrestle. I want to do takedowns mostly but I can brush up on some pinning combinations etc as well.

I too have though about adult league wrestling but it would be consult to try to put on tourneys if you can't get the turnout. Phone Post
9/3/12 4:46 AM
EdgeHoboken
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Have you guys looked into local tournaments with Open level competition? or Masters level? USA wrestling tournaments normally hold open divisions where you find 3-6 guys per weight in the local tournaments. Especially here in NJ/PA
9/3/12 4:47 AM
EdgeHoboken
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Also, we have a pure adult wrestling program at our school that has become very popular with guys wanting to get back into wrestling after high school and college

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.