UnderGround Forums

S&C UnderGround >> Cardio....first thing in morning.

8/28/12 10:58 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
ArthurKnoqOut
42 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mudderfaeg - 
ArthurKnoqOut - 
CDarwin - 
Mudderfaeg - Does the stomach have to be COMPLETELY EMPTY? Can I take my pre-workout before the workout? Phone Post
If you are aiming at tapping into the fasted cardio benefits, you can't eat anything before other than BCAA supplement. Phone Post

or coffee...even Martin from Leangains states that anything very low calorie (especially non-carb that won't trigger "anything more than a tiny bit of insulin") is fine. Fat is actually hormonally "neutral" so if you have some unsweetened almond/nut milk or raw cow milk (maybe a tablespoon) with your coffee it won't matter...

I've seen IF protocols that allow for green powders to be included so that your body has some nutrients for the day, and those protocols definitely have workd (for some as usual) 

So I can't drink water either??

Don't take this is an aggressive post but where did I say that? You can have as much water as you like :) 
8/30/12 12:18 AM
Mudderfaeg
52 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ArthurKnoqOut - 
Mudderfaeg - 
ArthurKnoqOut - 
CDarwin - 
Mudderfaeg - Does the stomach have to be COMPLETELY EMPTY? Can I take my pre-workout before the workout? Phone Post
If you are aiming at tapping into the fasted cardio benefits, you can't eat anything before other than BCAA supplement. Phone Post

or coffee...even Martin from Leangains states that anything very low calorie (especially non-carb that won't trigger "anything more than a tiny bit of insulin") is fine. Fat is actually hormonally "neutral" so if you have some unsweetened almond/nut milk or raw cow milk (maybe a tablespoon) with your coffee it won't matter...

I've seen IF protocols that allow for green powders to be included so that your body has some nutrients for the day, and those protocols definitely have workd (for some as usual) 

So I can't drink water either??

Don't take this is an aggressive post but where did I say that? You can have as much water as you like :) 

Thank God! I thought I can only hop on the treadmill on an ABSOLUTELY EMPTY stomach. Thanks Arthur.
8/30/12 1:05 PM
ArthurKnoqOut
42 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I always have 16 ounces of water first thing in the morning with some apple cider vinegar for digestion. then maybe another 16 ounces if I am working out, if not just some coffee or green tea. cheers brother :)
8/30/12 7:20 PM
Andy the man
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I usually always work out on an empty stomach.

It's a horrible feeling for the first 15-20 minutes but then you get over it.
8/30/12 8:33 PM
ArthurKnoqOut

I feel fine on it but it feels weird at first, like you feel a bit more drained but after a week or two your body is accustomed to it. It is not for everyone however and an IF approach like leangains I wouldn't recommend for someone who isn't in shape or low teens/ single digit BFP (body fat percentage). However, Leangains and one day a week fasts are extremely different in their physiology. 

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.