UnderGround Forums

HolyGround >> Jesus and the WEALTHY.

9/3/12 11:32 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
zealot66
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Demitrius Barbito -  """God or no God, I am building a provision for me and my family and that is my first duty."""

Your bank account or your dress size or your social significance CANNOT BEAR THE WEIGHT OF YOUR ENTIRE EXSISTANCE. 

The hardest part of life is giving up. When you can do this IT IS A GIFT.

OF COURSE we should be responsible and make sure that we steward well the provisions that God has graciously provided us with. BUT, we, by his Grace, can understand that OUR EFFORTS are not going to save/protect us.

It is ALL GOD - ALL THE TIME.

God is NEVER in heaven "wringing his hands - saying "what should I do...???"

Unlike you Demi, I have never been financially secure or well off. I have never had the chance to go to a car lot and pick what I wanted. I've never even taken my family on an out of state vacation and my son is 16. My wife and son have never been on an airplane. I lived for the first 8 years of my marraige in a house do decrepit that when I moved out it was condemned and tore down deemed unfit for human habitation. All the while,

I worked two jobs with a broken back. I once went 84 days without one day off. And those 4 years I never cleared more than 21k a year. Never mind the fact that I was pretty much homeless in my teenage years, never having gone to high school and I even had the priveledge to live in a car for 6 months at the age of 15. 

4 years ago, I got a steady and secure job. Now I am saving up a few hundred dollars a month and living in a decent house. My wife works at Walmart and we drove a 96 camry and an 85 chevy truck for 7 years. We were forced to buy a new, excuse me used, toyota corrolla because my truck is dead. I buy my clothes at walmart because thats all I can afford and the 10 percent discount my wife gets helps. 

So all your talk of finances and wealth and all this money driven propoganda tied with Jesus christ goes right over my head. In fact it offends me. God didn't bless me with material wealth, not that I haven't said enough prayers and pleading to fill the rest of my life only to be slapped with more broke stuff and bills that forced a bankruptcy. 

So your so eloquently thought out words really show that you may have grown up poor but by whatever means you gained money, illicit or legitimate, I cannot relate. My job is to take care of my family. Maybe before he turns 18, I can take my son on a jet plane to a nice place for a vacation. If God thinks that's over the top well then I got some serious insults for a God like that.

9/3/12 6:16 PM
Demitrius Barbito
40 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"""So your so eloquently thought out words really show that you may have grown up poor but by whatever means you gained money, illicit or legitimate, I cannot relate. My job is to take care of my family. Maybe before he turns 18, I can take my son on a jet plane to a nice place for a vacation. If God thinks that's over the top well then I got some serious insults for a God like that."""

That was beautiful. You my friend have been given a gift. Enjoy your vacation when it comes. You OBVIOUSLY haven't been DEMANDING that vacation (and when it didn't come give up or become a Theomacist).

The point I'm making is that many believe that THE VACATION is lifes goal and that THEY DESERVE a vaction every year as well as 2.5 kids, a two story home, two cars, a boat and 
maybe an RV - simply because they WORKED HARD and the American Dream says work hard and you'll get those things.

What I'm saying is love your neighbor as you love yourself (even if your neighbor is lazy, a fema-nazi, a homosexual, anti-christian or other wise...

9/4/12 5:24 PM
zealot66
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I have never succumed to the self absorbed liberal entitlement culture that the world owes me anything. I don't have jack squat but I know that every bread crumb that falls from my mouth, I earned it on the backs of no one else. 

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.