UnderGround Forums

Food & Wine Ground >> Recommend me a good Red Wine..

8/4/12 10:36 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Matt A Tat Tat On Dat Azz
35 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

never liked the taste of wines, but I'm gonna start drinking this in place of beer for health and mental reasons....

looking for a wine with a light, and crisp taste, nothing bitter...
8/22/12 6:22 PM
Bitters
29 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

go light with pinot noirs, i havent been really into them for years since i like the fuller bodied stuff myself.

kenwood makes a good pinot for around $20~
8/29/12 3:37 AM
MJClubHowes
49 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Excellent suggestion ^^^

Not sure where you're located but Seeya Later Ranch has a great one called Threeway Pinot Noir(LOL at the name) but it's good, it's a light, crisp red with sweet fruit flavour. Believe it's blended with a pinot gris and pinot grigio.
8/29/12 3:40 AM
MJClubHowes
49 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

And it's price point is pretty close to Kenwood, might be a tad higher if it's being imported to the states.

Annnnddd....just for flavor..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mlg3H1StHpQ
9/9/12 1:10 AM
KlingKiteMayor
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Lambrusco
9/10/12 2:02 PM
Z NEDCMK1
792 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Just go to a good merchant and tell him you want a red wine that is fruit forward with little tannins.
11/6/12 1:40 AM
UGCTT_stu0411
58 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

How much access do you gentlemen have to imported wines, particularly Australian wines? I can recommend some absolute rippers that shouldn't break the bank...I live right in the middle of God's country re. wines. Happy to throw some suggestions your way.

11/12/12 12:43 PM
Z NEDCMK1
792 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Heron Pinot Noir.

11/12/12 12:49 PM
35 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

tried the lambusco as suggested here, I liked it, also like the red sangria they serve at Hooter's..
12/14/12 6:08 PM
myersei
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Pinot is probably the way to go. Cab franc and merlots can be great too although they lack a lot of structure and are best used as blends. Oregon (Willemette Valley especially) and Burgundy France make delicious wines.

Try some of the right bank Bordeaux blends. Pomerol and St Emillion are the regions for Merlot based Bordeaux and TEND to be lighter in style.
10/19/13 1:06 PM
fathalpert
28 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

7 Deadly Zins, Franciscan Cabernet, La Crema/kendall jackson/cambria pinot noir
11/24/13 3:04 PM
Ronda Winter
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Matt A Tat Tat On Dat Azz - never liked the taste of wines, but I'm gonna start drinking this in place of beer for health and mental reasons....

i like chillian wine called Miraflora, it has very subtle and light taste. It is semi-sweet, i prefer white rather than red Miraflora.
11/25/13 3:12 PM

Ronda Winter - 
Matt A Tat Tat On Dat Azz - never liked the taste of wines, but I'm gonna start drinking this in place of beer for health and mental reasons....

i like chillian wine called Miraflora, it has very subtle and light taste. It is semi-sweet, i prefer white rather than red Miraflora.

Thank you, I'll try that ...as for now, as in the past few months since i made this thread, I have been only drinking Lambruscos, Reunite is the only brand i can find of that..tried the other reds, didnt really like em, thanks everyone on this thread..
11/29/13 12:28 PM
Nic0deemus
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

My wife and I enjoy several types of wines for various occasions. Last night being Thanksgiving, we oppened one of our "Special Occasion" bottles: Bella Gloss Pinot Noir. It's a fairly high end (for us) Pinot from Oregon that's around $40, but has a very respectable "little brother" called Meomi, around $20. I would describe it as very well balanced with a silky mouth feel. NOM NOM NOM.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.