UnderGround Forums

Weapons UnderGround >> Made two viking axes

8/4/12 6:54 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Einar
45 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I hope the pics show up. The first one is commonly called a Dane Axe. Its a large, two handed battle axe, normally mounted on long hafts, around 5 feet in length. The cutting edge is 22 cm, and the blade is 24 cm from edge to the back of the poll. It weighs about 800- 900 grams, which is fairly heavy for an axe this size. They were usually lighter. Its made from mild steel, and not hardened, since mild steel doesnt have enough carbon content for that.

8/4/12 6:57 PM
Einar
45 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Second, there is a smaller bearded axe. The head itself weighs about 500 grams, and is mounted on a 32" haft.

8/4/12 8:14 PM
Skpotamus
37 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Nice, did you make those yourself?
8/4/12 8:22 PM
Einar

Skpotamus - Nice, did you make those yourself?

Thank you, yes I did. They're not forged though, I'm not a bladesmith yet. They are made by stock removal and arc welding for the most part. 
8/9/12 1:58 PM
Willybone
378 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Freaking cool.
8/14/12 7:30 PM
ihitpeople
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Are you selling those? how much?
8/15/12 9:51 AM
Einar

ihitpeople - Are you selling those? how much?

I am not selling them, no. Thanks for asking though. I spend a lot of time making them, so if I was to charge even minimum wage for the hours i use on them, they'd be far more expensive than they are worth to a customer, and honestly, the quality would be sub par compared to a proper blladesmith.

If you want to buy a proper viking axe with a hardened edge and historical contruction, I'd recommend Jim Austin or Owen Bush. Owen will even do you a pattern welded one if you want.

http://www.alchemymetalworks.com/smiths/page000.html

http://owenbush.co.uk/
2/5/13 6:47 PM
backside smith
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

me want....

2/23/13 8:03 PM
MMA Playwrite
610 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Nice.
3/2/13 9:55 PM
BshMstr
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

awe. SOME!
3/2/13 10:38 PM
Einar

Thanks for the kind words, guys. If everything goes to plan, I'll be making proper spring steel swords soon.

4/3/13 4:18 PM
The Mat Pimp
95 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

fantastic work man

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.