UnderGround Forums

S&C UnderGround >> Flu symptoms after dead and/or squat?

8/4/12 7:34 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
EbolaMonkey
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I've noticed a few times after a long layoff in training, getting back into deads and squats, literally after the first session back I get Flu like sick for 2-3 days? I'm good after that first time but what gives? I've had this happen maybe a handful of times in my life. Anyone know why?
8/4/12 10:52 PM
Flying knee
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Your diet is most likely bollocks Phone Post
8/5/12 3:17 AM
LordSeano
184 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

AIDS
8/5/12 7:46 AM
ubik
26 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I get the same thing, I did a bit of research on this in the past. IIRC its to do with a previous virus sitting dormant in the body, there is something specific about the big muscle groups that allows them to sit there and they can get reactivated under stress.
I cant remember where I read this, its still not a fully understood area. The body is a strange and complex thing.
8/5/12 8:06 AM
BryanH
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I always put this down to your CNS getting a bit of a shock. Never heard the virus thing before..seems plausible..shingles, cold sores and other viruses get reactivated under stress.
8/5/12 12:55 PM
EbolaMonkey

Ah, waking up the latent herp? Crazy.

I'm surprised more people don't experience this type of sickness if true- dormant virus, etc.
8/5/12 4:18 PM
LiveFromThe7x7

Heavy lifting is stressful. A stressed out body is a sick one. You need to nourish your body with good foods to stay healthy while training hard. Phone Post
8/6/12 7:35 AM
U4EA
133 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

LordSeano - AIDS

THIS.
8/6/12 9:48 AM
EbolaMonkey

AIDS? Well, this time I went down for a week with bad AIDS, so I guess I'll just have to be more careful.

How does Magic do it?
8/6/12 11:47 AM
Synado
31 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Call me crazy.. But it might be the Ebola.
8/15/12 8:46 AM
DMC
36 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I've gotten this in the past.

Always figured my immune system was faltering a bit due to the exhaustion. Don't think it's uncommon.
8/15/12 12:11 PM
disbeliever
320 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mixed Martial Arts LLC, Moderator
Absolutely make sure you get enough rest and recovery. I am finding out myself just how important, more so than actually lifting, recovery and rest can be. As someone pointed out, heavy lifting is stressful, and when you are stressed your immune system suffers
8/28/12 6:31 PM
Mike Russell
147 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I was shitting blood the last time I went up in weight (to about 405 lbs). Freaked me out, but I've been fine since then.
8/28/12 11:59 PM
TzTinkle
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mike Russell - I was shitting blood the last time I went up in weight (to about 405 lbs). Freaked me out, but I've been fine since then.

You aggravated some hemmoroids, known side effect of squatting big weight.
8/29/12 9:54 PM
Forrest Spliffn

I used to play basketball 5 times a week, lift weights once or twice, work labour 8-10 hours a day and then go and over drink on the weekends.
It seems like all the times I've ever gotten sick always followed weeks of over exertion and lack of rest. Just seems to wipe out your immune system.

When you are young you think doing it everyday will make you better. As you get older you realize that you could have been better if you eased up a bit. Phone Post
8/30/12 2:40 AM
GARRA
20 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I was given a research paper on this very thing last week by Dr Tony Ashton. I teach his kids bjj. Cutting through the detail take vit C supplement before and after training. I'll dig out more details. Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.