UnderGround Forums

Health & Medical UnderGround >> BBC doc on Intermittent Fasting

8/5/12 4:58 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
U4EA
137 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The BBC have done a documentary investigating the health benefits of IF.

Episode will be available here are a later date (BBC iPlayer, UK only).
8/5/12 5:00 AM
U4EA
137 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

For the record, I have tried just about every diet/eating pattern you can think off, and I find IF to be the best by a long shot. No caloric restriction, just varying the daily caloric balance over a week or so.
8/5/12 2:46 PM
sly fox
18 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

i wish they sorted out the iplayer thing so we can watch in the US
8/5/12 3:00 PM
U4EA

I would imagine it will be on youtube somewhere soon after.
8/17/12 8:31 AM
U4EA

8/20/12 1:56 AM
BALLSDEEP
156 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

IN
8/25/12 9:51 PM
dc1000
52 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ttt
8/27/12 11:45 PM
Arglebargle
294 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Bump for vid. Synopsis?
8/30/12 2:37 PM
savage animal
25 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

^this
I want to know how this can be done for someone NOT looking to lose weight w/o just going nut once a day to the point of bloating, etc.
8/31/12 1:52 PM
ArthurKnoqOut
35 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

IF is meant for physically fit individuals because if you're overweight your problem most likely is poor eating habbits, unhealthy relationship with food, lack of understanding what food is, etc.

even Martin from Leangains will tell you as such and that hormonally heavier individuals needs to repair their hormones as well as their metabolic pathways thus this isn't recommended (this is coming from MS in nutrtions, doctors that specialize in nutrition, etc) 
10/12/12 4:43 PM
Horus2001
33 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

savage animal -  ^this
I want to know how this can be done for someone NOT looking to lose weight w/o just going nut once a day to the point of bloating, etc.

Savage animal,

i think what you were asking for is how to do without going nuts and eating to the point of bloating, right?

i saw the video and decided to try it and have been doing it for about 4 weeks now.

i started at about 163 and now am at 145ish. i stopped eating at 8 pm in the evening and then don't eat again until 2 or 3 the next afternoon.

so far, when i can eat, i find myself eating just enough to feel full. i haven't gorged myself to the point of nausea.

the odd thing is, i lost some weight in the face but the bulk of it is from around the middle.

after i stopped having a morning bagel at 7:30, i no longer have hunger pains at 10:30. i don't even really feel hungry when it is time to eat.

i do "cheat" a bit and will drink a monster low cal lemonade tea with about 10 calories but other than than, noting until mid afternoon.

i don't find myself overeating at all. when i can eat, i eat whatever i wanted, pizza, chips, sushi but never to the point of feeling too full.

when i compare this with my previous way of trying to cut weight through getting rid of carbs and just eating protein and some veggies, this is easier.

it does take a bit of discipline at first but feels quite natural after a couple of weeks.

my next goal is to have a blood test in a couple of weeks to see the impact on my blood chemistry and compare it with previous results.
10/12/12 4:51 PM
ArthurKnoqOut
35 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

^ as long as you have a healthy relationship with food you'll be fine. If you're eating bagels then you probably do not. However, it's great to see you doing well on it! I fast for about 15-16 hours but my problem is that I normally have a bit more food than I feel comportable with before bed. Normally it's a piece of fruit but also a decent amount of nut fats and nuts (almonds, brazil nuts) as well. When I fasted for 12-13 hours from dinner (2-3 hours before bed) until breakfast upon an hour or so after waking, I ate less in the evenings by far. 

P.S. that monster "low cal" tea is not "low cal" biochemically. 

10/12/12 11:22 PM
Horus2001
33 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

hmmm, i may try it without the monster this weekend and see how it goes.

as far as the bagel goes, a toasted bagel a bit of cream cheese and strawberry jelly is quite nice in the morning. that's is, when i was eating in the morning.
10/13/12 10:30 AM
ArthurKnoqOut

I beg to differ on all three of those items but since you're no longer consuming them, it doesn't matter.

Go for it, brother. 

6/8/13 8:05 PM
Hecklah
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.