UnderGround Forums

OtherGround Forums >> Bar Rescue Follow-Up

8/6/12 1:13 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
JeffersonDArcyChoke
282 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Piratz in Silver Spring was changed to Corporate Bar and Grill.

It is now back to Piratz.

The Chicken Bone in Framingham was changed to The Bone.

It's now back to The Chicken Bone with the old menu. NONE of the new menu items remain.

Angry Ham's Garage in Framingham was changed to Octane.

It's back to Angry Ham's and, yep, the old menu.

Bar Rescue is BEYOND bullshit. Kitchen Nightmares at least made changes.

These joints got 44 minutes free advertising on Spike and free makeovers just to go back to the way it was before.

I'm definitely not understanding any point of the program. Phone Post
8/6/12 1:14 PM
Jack Skellington
779 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I like this show

John's a brilliant man
8/6/12 1:15 PM
Gritty
853 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Yeah but almost all the kitchen nightmare places are closed now Phone Post
8/6/12 1:18 PM
Kitana
37 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I like this show too.

I think it falls on the owner of the bar for not following the business plans that he sets up for them. 
8/6/12 1:18 PM
CivFi
41 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

So is it your contention that the show just searches for bars that will allow them to come in and temporarily remodel solely for television purposes?

I just get the impression (particularly in the case of Piratz) that most of the owners are completely unwilling to change anything about their bars no matter how poorly they do. In the case of Piratz, the woman was living in her parent's basement with a husband and a child and she seemed perfectly content to lose money as long as she had a bar that her and her friends could enjoy. In short, she was an idiot.

Surely there are examples of bars that he's made-over that have kept his changes...
8/6/12 1:19 PM
BradGluckman
608 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The really made great changes to the chicken bone not his fault that the owner is an idiot they put good stuff on the menu that was fresh and cheap  rather than the frozen garbage the guy was putting out
8/6/12 1:20 PM
junon
35 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

i imagine bars are a lot easier to keep open than restaurants.
8/6/12 1:21 PM
caseharts
402 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Resteraunt Phone Post
8/6/12 1:21 PM
caseharts
402 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Impossible Phone Post
8/6/12 1:22 PM
Khal Dodo
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

CivFi - So is it your contention that the show just searches for bars that will allow them to come in and temporarily remodel solely for television purposes?

I just get the impression (particularly in the case of Piratz) that most of the owners are completely unwilling to change anything about their bars no matter how poorly they do. In the case of Piratz, the woman was living in her parent's basement with a husband and a child and she seemed perfectly content to lose money as long as she had a bar that her and her friends could enjoy. In short, she was an idiot.

Surely there are examples of bars that he's made-over that have kept his changes...

I love when he said "Do you wanna keep playing Pirate, or send your daughter to college?"

So true. The douchebag server with the hippie hair talking about hating the corporate types they were trying to get to come in.
8/6/12 1:22 PM
evad6317
153 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It's up to the owners to keep the changes and continue making money.

There's no requirement for them to keep the changes. In every show the changes have been for the better, but for whatever reason the owners believe they know better even though all of them are hemorrhaging money.

It always comes down to two things with those bars, loss of focus and shitty management that do in those places.
8/6/12 1:30 PM
HaoleBoy
124 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I dont watch Bar rescue but here is a wiki for Kitchen Nightmares

Gordon Ramsay
Kitchen Nightmares (TV series)
Television Series
What restaurants on "Kitchen Nightmares" have closed?
2 Comments • Wiki

Answer Wiki

As Kitchen Nightmares is still in production, I've turned this into a answer wiki for all to edit and update.

US
S01E01 - Peter's - Babylon, NY **closed**
S01E02 - Dillon's - New York, NY **renamed Purnima, closed**
S01E03 - Mixing Bowl - Bellmore, NY **closed**
S01E04 - Seascape - Islip, NY **sold** **Closed**
S01E05 - Olde Stone Mill - Tuckahoe, NY **Sold**
S01E06 - Sebastian's - Toluca Lake, CA **closed**
S01E07 - Finn McCool's - Westhampton, NY **Sold**
S01E08 - Lela's - Pomona, CA **closed**
S01E09 - Campania - Fair Lawn, NJ **sold, then closed** 3 years later
S01E10 - Secret Garden - Moorpark, CA

S02E01 - Handlebar - Mount Sinai, NY **closed**
S02E02 - Giuseppe's - Macomb Township, MI **closed**
S02E03 - Trobiano's - Great Neck, NY **closed**
S02E04 - Black Pearl - New York, NY **closed**
S02E05 - J Willy's - South Bend, IN **closed**
S02E06 - Hannah & Mason's - Cranbury, NJ **closed**
S02E07 - Jack's Waterfront - St. Clair Shores, MI **closed**
S02E08 - Sabatiello's - Stamford, CT **closed**
S02E09 - Fiesta Sunrise - West Nyack, NY **closed**
S02E10 - Santé La Brea - Los Angeles, CA**closed**
S02E11 - Cafe 36 - La Grange, IL **closed**

S03E01 - Hot Potato Cafe - Philadelphia, PA **closed**
S03E02 - Flamangos - Whitehouse Station, NJ **renamed The Junction** **closed**
S03E03 - Bazzini - Ridgewood, NJ **closed**
S03E04 - Mojito - Brooklyn, NY
S03E05 - Lido di Manhattan Beach - Manhattan Beach, CA
S03E06 - Le Bistro - Lighthouse Point, FL
S03E07 - Casa Roma - Lancaster, CA **Closed**
S03E08 - Mama Rita's - Newbury Park, CA **closed**
S03E09 - Anna Vincenzo's - Boca Raton, FL **closed**
S03E10 - Fleming - Miami, FL **Closed**
S03E11 - Sushi-Ko - Thousand Oaks, CA **closed**

S04E01 - Spanish Pavillion - Harrison, NJ
S04E02 - Classic American - West Babylon, NY
S04E03 - PJ's Steakhouse - Queens, NY **closed**
S04E04 - Grasshopper Also - Carlstadt, NJ
S04E05 - Davide - Boston, MA
S04E06 - Down City - Providence, RI **Closed**
S04E07 - Cafe Tavolini - Bridgeport, CT **closed**
S04E08 - Kingston Cafe - Pasadena, CA
S04E09 - La Frite - Sherman Oaks, CA
S04E10 - Capri - Eagle Rock, CA
S04E11 - Zeke's - Metairie, LA
S04E12 - Oceana - New Orleans, LA

S05E01 - Blackberrys - Plainfield, NJ
S05E02 - Leone's - Montclair, NJ
S05E03 - Mike & Nellies - Oakhurst, NJ **CLOSED**
S05E04 - Luigi's - Anaheim, CA
S05E05&06 - Burger Kitchen - Los Angeles, CA **closed**
S05E07 - The Greek at the Harbor - Ventura, CA
S05E08 - Michon's - College Park, GA
S05E09 - El Greco - Austin, TX **Closed**
S05E10 - Park's Edge - Atlanta, GA
S05E11 - Spin-A-Yarn Steakhouse - Fremont, CA
S05E12 - Charlie's - La Verne, CA
S05E13 - Cafe Hon - Baltimore, MD
S05E14 - Chiarella's - Philadelphia, PA
S05E15 - Zocalo - Philadelphia, PA

UK
S01E01 - Bonapartes Restaurant - Silsden, England **closed**
S01E02 - The Glass House - Ambleside, England
S01E03 - The Walnut Tree Inn - Llandewi Skirrid, Wales **closed**
S01E04 - Moore Place - Esher, England **sold, now Esteem**

S02E01 - La Lanterna - Letchworth, England **closed**
S02E02 - D-Place - Chelmsford, England **closed**
S02E03 - Momma Cherri's Soul Food Shack - Brighton, England
S02E04 - La Riviera - Inverness, Scotland **renamed to Abstract**

S03E01 - Oscar's - Nantwich, England **sold**
S03E02 - The Sandgate Hotel - Sandgate, England **sold**
S03E03 - Clubway 41 - Blackpool, England **closed**
S03E04 - La Gondola - Derby, England **sold**

S04E01 - La Parra de Burriana - Nerja, Spain **closed**
S04E02 - The Fenwick Arms - Claughton, England **sold**
S04E03 - Rococo - King's Lynn, England **closed**
S04E04 - Morgans - Liverpool, England

S05E01 - Ruby Tate's - Brighton, England **closed**
S05E02 - Piccolo Teatro - Paris, France **closed**
S05E05 - The Priory - Haywards Heath, England **sold, now La Capilla, a tapas bar**
S05E06 - The Fish and Anchor - Lampeter, Wales
S05E07 - Curry Lounge - Nottingham, England
S05E08 - The Granary - Titchfield, England **closed**

Great British Nightmare
S01E01 - The Dovecote Bistro - Devon, England
S01E02 - The Runaway Girl - Sheffield, England
8/6/12 1:32 PM
JeffersonDArcyChoke
282 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Kamakosmo - "Bar Rescue is BEYOND bullshit. Kitchen Nightmares at least made changes."

Have you 'revisited' the restaurants on this show to see if they have maintained the changes as well?

Bar Rescue is not bullshit. He goes in, makes munch needed changes, pays for complete renovations, then leaves. It's up to the bar owners and workers to maintain the changes he suggested.
99.9% of the time, the Owners are the reason the bar is shit, so why wouldn't they go back to the way it was?

I've been to two Kitchen Nightmare restaurants.

Nope, I haven't been to them all.

NEITHER HAVE YOU.

Unless you have inside information, your opinion which opposes mine is not based upon any hard evidence either.

I'm basing my OPINION off of 3 Bar Rescue places which have reverted back out of 13 episodes so far.

3 out of 13 that I know of have not followed the plans set forth on the show in less than a few months.

That's pretty big percentage wise.

That's what I'm basing my opinion on.

Yeah, I think the show is a bullshit work.

It airs on the same network producing the FAKE World's Worst Tenants.

Based upon that, and given that I can prove 3 of 13 have gone right back to old ways under a new coat of paint; I think it's bullshit.

Why is it not?

Have you more evidence than I?

I'm open to seeing your side but it seems you just disagree with me and as a result are telling me I am wrong.

Why am I wrong and why are you right? Phone Post
8/6/12 1:33 PM
BradGluckman
608 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Kamakosmo - And you KNOW the Owner of the Bamboo Bar in Florida was boinkin every waitress he had there. You can tell when he canned the one that she had dirt on him.

Man two of those girls are smoking hot

8/6/12 1:34 PM
JeffersonDArcyChoke

Kamakosmo - OP...hows your butt feel? Cuz it's getting pounded in this thread my fren.
No.

Because I stated an opinion which I formed from watching the show and reading that the mentioned establishments had reverted back.

There was no emotion in my initial post.

Hence no butt to be pounded.

I'm more unsure why you feel my ass was pounded than I am over how you proved anything I stated was untrue Phone Post
8/6/12 1:36 PM
Adventure Runner
107 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I just went to the Bone in Framingham this weekend. I never understood why it needed a rescue. I grew up in the area and saw it evolve from a rough biker bar in a bad part of town to family friendly restaurant by day and a cool little bar by night (still in a bad part of town). It's a great place to catch a game as well.

It's basically a wing joint. Even when I lived in Boston, I'd drive to Framingham for Chicken Bone wings. I went after that bar rescue and thought "WTF?" when I looked at the menu. It probably drove some of their existing business away and after the initial rush of one-time customers who saw the show on Spike, they had to revert back to their original menu to bring folks back.

If anything, that part of town needs a rescue.
8/6/12 1:36 PM
JeffersonDArcyChoke

I'll more than accept that someone visited Wiki to gather data on Kitchen Nightmares.

However I just found it odd that 3 of 13 in a matter of months went back to old names, menus and ways.

It seemed to me they got free stuff, free pub on Spike and that was the only intent.

That's all I was getting at and hoping someone who may know something more than going to Wiki could enlighten me. Phone Post
8/6/12 1:39 PM
ryanJ
295 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I watched that Pirate episode last night and the server with the ponytail starts crying and talking about how this restaurant was the only place he fit in etc....

I laughed and said to my wife..."It would be funny if he really was missing an eye and that eye patch wasn't just a prop...that is why he fits in"

2 seconds later they cut to him without the patch and HE IS MISSING AN EYE!

I was hoping they would have a dude with a peg leg and a parrot enthusiast on staff as well....
8/6/12 1:40 PM
JeffersonDArcyChoke

Adventure Runner - I just went to the Bone in Framingham this weekend. I never understood why it needed a rescue. I grew up in the area and saw it evolve from a rough biker bar in a bad part of town to family friendly restaurant by day and a cool little bar by night (still in a bad part of town). It's a great place to catch a game as well.

It's basically a wing joint. Even when I lived in Boston, I'd drive to Framingham for Chicken Bone wings. I went after that bar rescue and thought "WTF?" when I looked at the menu. It probably drove some of their existing business away and after the initial rush of one-time customers who saw the show on Spike, they had to revert back to their original menu to bring folks back.

If anything, that part of town needs a rescue.
Thank you.

THIS is what I was hoping to gain.

See, this is something you cannot learn from going to Wiki.

I can get from this a reasonable explanation for The Chicken Bone.

Unless someone else has been there or is inside with Spike TV, I think no one else can really compare with Adventure Runner. Phone Post
8/6/12 1:41 PM
CivFi
41 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

BradGluckman - 
Kamakosmo - And you KNOW the Owner of the Bamboo Bar in Florida was boinkin every waitress he had there. You can tell when he canned the one that she had dirt on him.

No kidding.

The one on the left made me want to visit this bar immediately.
8/6/12 1:42 PM
poodanka
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

i love that show, i can't go into any establishment now without being extra critical. i never noticed the lacing in my beer before either
8/6/12 1:42 PM
junon
35 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

what exactly makes the show "bullshit"?

also

Kitchen Nightmares needs to get the fuck out of NY/NJ.

spread the love, please.
8/6/12 1:43 PM
BradGluckman

CivFi - 
BradGluckman - 

No kidding.

The one on the left made me want to visit this bar immediately.

If I lived there I would have gone the next week and yes the one on the left is smoking hot 
8/6/12 1:51 PM
junon

That guy also was on Hotel Impossible.

hes gotten a ton of free help.
8/7/12 2:30 PM
puddlesmith
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

this season is a big commercial for booze

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.