UnderGround Forums

GamerGround >> Anybody play Max Payne 3?

8/6/12 6:37 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Dratherbe
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Kill people.

Feel sorry for yourself.

Kill people.

..ad infinitum...
8/6/12 7:04 PM
soreshins
204 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Just started. Seems ok but not given it much time yet. I could see it maybe getting a bit stale fairly quickly though Phone Post
8/6/12 7:07 PM
Dratherbe

It's fucking annoying.

"WE GET IT. YOU'RE SELF-LOATHING. SHUT THE FUCK UP AND GO BACK TO KILLING PEOPLE."

Guess I'm more of a 'Nick Drake'/Uncharted 3 kinda guy...
8/6/12 7:39 PM
AbbeyRoadMe
38 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Pretty funny to see this thread pop up, I just beat the game about two hours ago. I loved it. The way the bodies flail about and get torn up from bullets never got old to me. Sure the story had predictable twists, but I didn't skip one cut scene. I was hooked. Solid writing and great voice acting. Max is so hilariously cynical and brooding it almost felt like parody, but he still had some funny quips. I can understand people thinking it's repetitive, but I felt it wrapped up at the perfect time before it got to be too much. It's like an action movie, you can't take it too seriously just have fun and mess shit up.
8/7/12 12:28 AM
Stolm
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Poor excuse for a Max Payne game.

Rockstar ruined it with their GTA characters and dialogue.
8/7/12 10:50 PM
leftlegtrumpcard
42 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I loved it...bought it on the first day of its release. Beat the game. Good story, nice camera and graphics. The multiplayer is fun as hell. Plenty of different modes to play I just prefer the team deathmatch and gangwars. I would recommend it. Phone Post
8/8/12 12:38 AM
metalzombie83
52 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Max is supposed to be a broody whining miserable shit, all three games are depressing yet insanely fun to play

Multiplayer is damn fun too Phone Post
8/18/12 12:45 AM
orcus

I like it but it's way, way too long. A game with zero gameplay variety like this should not be this long. I know it's tongue in cheek, but even so, one guy walking around in Brazil slaughtering literally thousands of people, including an entire police department, and just strolling along guns blazing is kind of hard to swallow given that they're otherwise doing kind of a gritty story.
8/18/12 4:29 AM
metalzombie83
52 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

orcus -  I like it but it's way, way too long. A game with zero gameplay variety like this should not be this long. I know it's tongue in cheek, but even so, one guy walking around in Brazil slaughtering literally thousands of people, including an entire police department, and just strolling along guns blazing is kind of hard to swallow given that they're otherwise doing kind of a gritty story.
You do realise its a videogame right? You're not watching the history channel Phone Post
8/18/12 11:20 AM
leftlegtrumpcard
42 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I am on ps3 if u guys are playin on the multiplayer, what's ur.names on there? Phone Post
8/19/12 3:45 PM
orcus

Finally finished. Stand by my criticism that it's way too long. Basically just wave after wave of enemies for something like 20 hours. 

My final kill count was 2456 people.

Fun game though. The airport shootout was epic, especially combined with the music in that scene. Liked the ending, too.
8/19/12 4:01 PM
Gfropr
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

leftlegtrumpcard - I am on ps3 if u guys are playin on the multiplayer, what's ur.names on there? Phone Post
NoSmoke420 haven't played much though sleeping dogs has me hooked. Phone Post
8/21/12 5:15 PM
foo55
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

i just got this game through gamely and i am dying a shit ton
8/22/12 12:48 PM
roperninja

orcus -  I like it but it's way, way too long. A game with zero gameplay variety like this should not be this long. I know it's tongue in cheek, but even so, one guy walking around in Brazil slaughtering literally thousands of people, including an entire police department, and just strolling along guns blazing is kind of hard to swallow given that they're otherwise doing kind of a gritty story.
Video game bro. Only place where one man destroys thousands ruthlessly. Try cooking mama instead. Phone Post
8/22/12 12:53 PM
roperninja

Finished Max Payne 3 on Medium Free
Aim yesterday. Was awesome Phone Post
8/22/12 1:27 PM
Silhouette
165 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

good game, the gameplay is awesome. The cutscences were awesome the first time through, they get a little old on doing more playthroughs.

i beat it on hard with free aim a couple weeks back then let a friend borrow it, it was probably my third play through still enjoyed it

great game worth picking up
8/22/12 4:01 PM
Meohfumado
304 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It was fun. I was a little worn out of the "Kill 100's of dudes, then watch everything go to shit in a cutscene" formula.

But still fun.

Need to be able to skip cutscenes better though....damn PC loading all the time in the background.

Also disappearing weapons was annoying.
8/22/12 5:11 PM
MrTamliani

The first one remains the best Phone Post
8/25/12 8:18 AM
C Willy
27 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Just beat it. Thought it was a fantastic character piece. Also made max just look like a tough old bastard and really enjoyed the dark humor. Solid game. Worth the 30 bucks frens. Phone Post
8/25/12 9:35 PM
A bag of rice
68 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Can anyone finish the game on old school or professional difficulty? I have only been able to finish on hard free-aim mode. Come at me bro. Phone Post
9/22/12 12:19 PM
splinter
66 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sweet game. Great music in that airport scene.

Here's the song...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zEH_LSL4rVw
9/23/12 2:59 PM
TEX4N32
272 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Spent lots if hours on this game. Mostly online tho, tha no grenade/molotov kinda ruins singleplayer for me. Phone Post
9/23/12 3:49 PM
leftlegtrumpcard

I am playin right now... Phone Post
9/25/12 1:21 AM
MrFluffyHippo
1507 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

How is the online? I thought the campaign was good but a little hard to follow since I didn't play first 2. Phone Post
9/27/12 11:53 AM
leftlegtrumpcard

MrFluffyHippo - How is the online? I thought the campaign was good but a little hard to follow since I didn't play first 2. Phone Post
The online is awesome. They keep it fresh with plenty of upgrades. It's addictive as cocaine my man. Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.