UnderGround Forums

GamerGround >> XBOX usb not saving downloads??

8/7/12 11:10 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Out To Lunch
92 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I configured a usb memory stick on my XBOX 360 so I can download demos to it.

More than a few times, when I restart the xbox, the usb either does not have the demos I downloaded or I get a prompt asking me to configure the usb stick even though it has already been configured.

Any ideas on how I might prevent this from happening?
8/8/12 6:12 AM
wooderson76
35 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

try a new flash drive Phone Post
8/21/12 12:42 AM
supersaiyan
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

save stuff in hard drive and get more gb memory imo
8/21/12 7:49 AM
Out To Lunch
92 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

supersaiyan - save stuff in hard drive and get more gb memory imo

I have a 4GB hard drive, which I thought would be plenty, but it fills up fast after I download a few demos, so instead of buying an external hard drive, I was planning on using usb sticks. This approach has not worked consistently though.
8/21/12 8:54 AM
choadler
190 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Out To Lunch -

I have a 4GB hard drive, which I thought would be plenty, but it fills up fast after I download a few demos, so instead of buying an external hard drive, I was planning on using usb sticks. This approach has not worked consistently though.
4g is no good. Most games are in the 8g size area. Some downloadable live games are around the 1 gig size.

Forget that usb shit. Buy a good sized drive. I think i got a 120gig drive off amazon for around $30. Much better option. Phone Post
8/21/12 9:15 AM
Out To Lunch

choadler - 
Out To Lunch -

4g is no good. Most games are in the 8g size area. Some downloadable live games are around the 1 gig size.

Forget that usb shit. Buy a good sized drive. I think i got a 120gig drive off amazon for around $30. Much better option. Phone Post

I would love to buy a $30 hard drive. I have read some reviews about people buying hard drives that were not made by Microsoft and people having problems with them. Any recommendations?
8/21/12 7:16 PM
supersaiyan

i would stick with MS HDD just to avoid any issues ....not to mention wasting you money on 50/50 chance of off brand products not actually being compatible with your system .

Get the MS HDD my friend and i mean that to save you strife and dissappointment.

i was gonna get 4gb since the price was cheaper than 250 gb xbox but i said screw it n got the 250 for the xtra 100bux to save any fustrations down the line....i am glad i did.
8/22/12 8:15 AM
Out To Lunch

supersaiyan - i would stick with MS HDD just to avoid any issues ....not to mention wasting you money on 50/50 chance of off brand products not actually being compatible with your system .

Get the MS HDD my friend and i mean that to save you strife and dissappointment.

i was gonna get 4gb since the price was cheaper than 250 gb xbox but i said screw it n got the 250 for the xtra 100bux to save any fustrations down the line....i am glad i did.

I should have bought the 250gb. Oh well, I learned the hard way. I will look into the MS HDD. Thanks.
8/23/12 9:22 PM
supersaiyan

let us know how it goes bro :)

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.