UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> "BJ is a coward" says FItch

8/7/12 7:54 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
mmavixen
1112 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

So over on MMAFighting.com, Dave Doyle has a really intresting article about Jon Fitch.  Here's the quote that grabbed my attention:

"Here at AKA, we've got fighters who come out to fight, fighters who will face anyone and don't hide from any opponents. You've also got cowards out there like B.J. Penn who say they want to fight people, but then they run and hide."

Okay, I am really confused here.  When has BJ turned down a fight?  Didn't BJ fight a much bigger Fitch, and in my opinion, beat him?  Why all the BJ hate from Fitch?  There are a lot of BJ fans out there, including myself, and Fitch is doing nothing to ingratiate himself to me with quotes like this.

Thoughts...

8/7/12 7:58 PM
Orcus Knows MMA Better Than Goku
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

fitch wants to goad bj into fighting him

fitch is actually a good guy i think..but hes faking trying to be a villain - maybe following in the foosteps of chael...
8/7/12 8:01 PM
BrunoMcGyver
243 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 08/07/12 8:05 PM
BJ beat Fitch in the first round of their fight and that's it.

http://blog.fightmetric.com/2011/02/fitch-vs-penn-official-ufc-statistics.html
8/7/12 8:01 PM
epic hero

Fitch wanted a rematch, I guess he's still upset about it.
8/7/12 8:04 PM
Malvert the Janitor
782 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Insert BJ Penn "Waaah" gif, please. Phone Post
8/7/12 8:04 PM
mmavixen
1112 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Orcus - I think you're onto something, but I don't know if I like Fitch as a fake villain...
8/7/12 8:05 PM
Eveready
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

BJ won that fight, I don't think anyone really wants to see the rematch, then again I don't really care to watch any Fitch fight.
8/7/12 8:08 PM
aluminum_rooster

fitch needs to learn how to get people to wanna watch him fight instead of calling out natural lightweights who gave him all he could handle.

Ya hear Jon?
8/7/12 8:08 PM
BrunoMcGyver
243 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 08/07/12 8:08 PM
lmao @ "BJ won that fight"

He also annihilated Nick Diaz!!
8/7/12 8:11 PM
random_perv

BrunoMcGyver - BJ beat Fitch in the first round of their fight and that's it.

http://blog.fightmetric.com/2011/02/fitch-vs-penn-official-ufc-statistics.html
Any idiot that uses fightmetric to judge a fight is a welllllllllllll idiot. Phone Post
8/7/12 8:14 PM
Poindexter
55 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

8/7/12 8:14 PM
TexasBadAss
86 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Why doesn't Fitch call out Kos now that he left that gym? That would at least get him back in line versus a light weight who is at the end of his career.

It's been a while but I thought BJ won the first two rounds and almost submitted Fitch in the 1st round.
8/7/12 8:16 PM
UGCTT_BBQ at Andy's
773 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

How about Fitch fights Kos already. Let's see that. Phone Post
8/7/12 8:18 PM
Carne de cavalo é o melhor
23 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Yeah, BJ is terrified of Fitch.

Trying to figure out what is more unbearable: watching Fitch fights or reading/listening to his Chael routine.

I pray to the God of your understanding Erick Silva knocks him TFO faster than Hendricks on TRT. Phone Post
8/7/12 8:20 PM
mmavixen

I don't hate Fitch (though I hate his fighting style) but I see him getting KO'ed violently by Silva.  I was feet away from the Octagon for Silva's last fight and you could hear that guy's punches.  Silva is a beast!
8/7/12 8:22 PM
Wovito

Fitch wants a rematch so he can capitalize on Penn's name / popularity. Penn is a legend. His fights are always awesome. He shouldn't be fighting the bigger, blanket fitch.
Wovito

Fitch wants a rematch so he can capitalize on Penn's name / popularity. Penn is a legend. His fights are always awesome. He shouldn't be fighting the bigger, blanket fitch.
Wehmer
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

In the second round, Fitch and BJ both landed a takedown, Fitch got the only sweep in the round and he outlanded Penn 59-18 in total and 14-5 in significant strikes.

In round 3, Fitch was in top position for 4:35 and outlanded BJ 149-2

But yeah, he totes lost.
8/7/12 8:25 PM
jetbluejesus
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I wonder if Fitch would have ever agreed to fight Machida.
8/7/12 8:26 PM
RandyDarsh
106 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Wovito - Fitch wants a rematch so he can capitalize on Penn's name / popularity. Penn is a legend. His fights are always awesome. He shouldn't be fighting the bigger, blanket fitch.
Exactly bj is doing him a favor by allowing him a rematch Phone Post
8/7/12 8:26 PM
Dazednconfused
109 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Fitch is pissed because they agreed on a rematch but then Fitch got injured. He wanted to fight again after his injury but by then nick diaz was in the picture. I remember Fitch saying on twitter that he thought bi was a real man and all this nonsense. Phone Post
8/7/12 8:28 PM
mmavixen

Carne de cavalo é o melhor -  Yeah, BJ is terrified of Fitch.

Trying to figure out what is more unbearable: watching Fitch fights or reading/listening to his Chael routine.

I pray to the God of your understanding Erick Silva knocks him TFO faster than Hendricks on TRT. Phone Post

Legit LOL
8/7/12 8:31 PM
DukeSilver
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Wehmer - In the second round, Fitch and BJ both landed a takedown, Fitch got the only sweep in the round and he outlanded Penn 59-18 in total and 14-5 in significant strikes.

In round 3, Fitch was in top position for 4:35 and outlanded BJ 149-2

But yeah, he totes lost.

I remember BJ breaking Fitch's nose in the 2nd, and taking his back, I had BJ winning the fight
8/7/12 8:38 PM
crowbar
650 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Just because you don`t hear about them publically,doesn`t mean that fighters don`t turn down fights.

You should know this.
8/7/12 8:39 PM
EckY
43 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Don't see Fitch moving up to fight top contenders at MW.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.