UnderGround Forums

GamerGround >> NHL 13

9/8/12 9:31 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
CryLikeAGirl
120 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Yeah, it does suck in the beginning. I add up to 20 games to my queue (put them on hold) and forget about it. I'm now first in line for most of the games. When I want one, I just activate it and usually get it in a week.

I do the same thing for my offer queue, meaning I add my offers but keep them on hold. When I'm ready to trade them, I just activate the game and am usually first in the offer queue. Phone Post
9/10/12 9:01 PM
TheZa
133 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Bump for tomorrow. Phone Post
9/11/12 1:05 AM
MyUnclesCreepy
816 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Kid is being born today hahaha no hockey for me! Oh well my kids birth is way better lol enjoy boys! Phone Post
9/11/12 4:48 AM
RML
150 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MyUnclesCreepy - Kid is being born today hahaha no hockey for me! Oh well my kids birth is way better lol enjoy boys! Phone Post
I'd score a goal in this game for your kids honor... but scoring is impossible. Phone Post
9/11/12 5:02 AM
MyUnclesCreepy
816 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

RML -
MyUnclesCreepy - Kid is being born today hahaha no hockey for me! Oh well my kids birth is way better lol enjoy boys! Phone Post
I'd score a goal in this game for your kids honor... but scoring is impossible. Phone Post
Shoot the five hole that's how u score this year Phone Post
9/11/12 3:41 PM
invalid
174 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Not sure if posted yet or not but here is IGN's full review

http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/09/11/nhl-13-review
9/11/12 7:03 PM
theseanster
245 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I score no problem. Can't skate worth a shit though. The momentum thing is over the top IMO
9/12/12 9:52 PM
Hemlock
151 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

if anyone is putting together a PS3 GM league post it here - I want to try this out and the search options for leagues seems to be brokeded
9/12/12 10:18 PM
BigEyedFish
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I think it will be good when you get used to the new skating.

Im on PS3 and I think I really like the L2 move where the guy does a tight rotation with the puck

Two things I cant figure out:

1)  Is there a way to change gamespeed? 
2)  Can you not use the goalie again in penalty shots?  I cant believe they wouldnt give you power to take the goalie in PSs....???
9/13/12 8:53 AM
BigEyedFish

ttt
9/13/12 12:04 PM
theseanster
245 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Yeah in Gameplay settings tab over one there's a gamespeed slider. At least there was in 12 on XBOX.

What player type you guys rolling? I think I'm going TWF. PWF is too clunky. Any player type gets smashed low slot driving the net, cross crease passes are next to impossible, poke check is retarded, stick check is almost always a slashing penalty...but board passing is way better, puck chop looks cool, and the create your own AI forecheck is sweet if you turn on visual indicator it shows you where the CPU thinks you should be forechecking. Pretty slick! Phone Post
9/13/12 12:13 PM
invalid
174 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

How much do you need to know about hockey tactics? I'm ignorant on anything deeper than rules.

And is the career mode fun?
9/13/12 12:30 PM
TheZa
133 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Pronger cost me a big game last night so I fucking traded his ass. Phone Post
9/13/12 3:18 PM
MyUnclesCreepy

Had my first 4 goal game on eashl felt good still not impressed but gonna keep at it Phone Post
9/13/12 4:19 PM
BigEyedFish

invalid you dont need to know anything about hockey.  Just pass and shoot! 
9/13/12 8:50 PM
dnwsr
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The AI is significantly better. I would go through entire games last year where the computer might put up 3 or 4 shots (on All-Pro). I've only played a few games so far, but the computer just put up 23 shots on me and it's only on pro. The physics make it tougher, but it's much more realistic and I like the trade off. It's definitely worth checking out.
9/13/12 11:34 PM
theseanster

Skating sucks so bad I want to smash kittens. AI is crazy retarded with pokechecks everywhere and the slot is like skating into a blender 
9/14/12 10:02 AM
MyUnclesCreepy

No cross crease either. It's fucking stupid. I have one cross crease in like 50 games. I want to give it a chance but at every turn this game pisses me off Phone Post
9/14/12 10:56 AM
theseanster

Yeah, it's frustrating to have to relearn to skate. It's totally different, gotta really be careful with momentum and how you turn to change directions. I don't mind the cross crease interventions but making the CPU hitting power in the slot suddenly go to 100x higher and faster if over the top. Stuck check needs to be buffed, poke check needs to be nerfed. Skating...don't know what to say maybe after 100 games I'll get used to it Phone Post
9/14/12 10:57 AM
theseanster

Fucking spellcheck Phone Post
9/14/12 11:04 AM
BigEyedFish

they really slowed the game down and on PS3 , I cant find a way to speed up game speed like in the 12 version...
9/14/12 10:21 PM
TheZa

There is a goal exploit if you shoot high glove side from within the faceoff circle it's like a 90% score rate. Phone Post
9/14/12 10:35 PM
invalid

Seems like a lot of negative stuff so far
9/15/12 2:32 AM
MyUnclesCreepy

TheZa - There is a goal exploit if you shoot high glove side from within the faceoff circle it's like a 90% score rate. Phone Post
I tried that and I can't hit it. U got a vid to show? Phone Post
9/15/12 1:07 PM
theseanster

I'm starting to get frustrated. There's some ways I've figured out to get some assists, but mostly the game now is about throwing the puck at the net and picking up trash. The AI is supposed to be improved but my AI teammates still don't work to clear the puck, the pass through the slot in the D zone, and the defenders will ALWAYS shoot the puck at the blue line of you pass to them. Even if they are wide open to dangle or try to move the puck to open up a shooting lane. It's the same old shit only harder to skate and OP poke checking and a mosh pit in the slot with the AI intecepting passes that are miles away from them. At least ovechkin scores now though lol Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.