UnderGround Forums

GamerGround >> NHL 13

9/15/12 5:10 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Hemlock
151 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Simulating a season, doing the amateur draft, and then FA signing will take more than 2 hours.

The game is too heavy.
9/15/12 5:32 PM
UGCTT_EnderTL
228 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 09/15/12 5:32 PM
 Anyone interested in making an EASHL team for the PS3? PM me!
9/15/12 6:15 PM
MyUnclesCreepy
816 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

theseanster - I'm starting to get frustrated. There's some ways I've figured out to get some assists, but mostly the game now is about throwing the puck at the net and picking up trash. The AI is supposed to be improved but my AI teammates still don't work to clear the puck, the pass through the slot in the D zone, and the defenders will ALWAYS shoot the puck at the blue line of you pass to them. Even if they are wide open to dangle or try to move the puck to open up a shooting lane. It's the same old shit only harder to skate and OP poke checking and a mosh pit in the slot with the AI intecepting passes that are miles away from them. At least ovechkin scores now though lol Phone Post
Ya get used to losing on shit bounces half my clubs losses are because of that. And as hit shots bouncing thru the 5 hole. Sometimes I truly use the momentum and top end speed the way ur supposed to and it really helps. Most if the time it blows Phone Post
9/16/12 9:53 PM
theseanster
243 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

OTP isn't bad, I just started grinding that today. Offline BAP to practice is way more frustrating. Everyone says make a Playmaker to grind your cards but I can't stand getting knocked over when the wind blows, so I'm grinding on a PWF online. They are slow but hit really hard and are great for picking up trash. I have trouble with some of the figure skaters but if they don't see me coming they are gonna get mack trucked. Just wish I could screen and deflect online as often as offline. Online OTP is just back and forth and back and forth no setup.
9/19/12 4:13 PM
theseanster
243 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 09/19/12 10:27 PM
Too many bugs, don't like the skating system. Uninstalled. Selling it.
9/19/12 4:13 PM
theseanster

Edited: 09/19/12 10:26 PM

9/20/12 1:02 PM
CryLikeAGirl
120 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I just picked it up yesterday and it definitely will take some getting used to. I started a playoff (on All-Star) and won my first game 4-2. I didn't think it was crazy hard to score. I used the same methods as I did from NHL 12 (one timers, point shots with traffic, slap shots from circles, etc). I don't know what people are complaining about. I was used to the skating after one game and already started exploiting it to get odd man rushes/breakaways.
9/20/12 1:19 PM
UGCTT_EnderTL
228 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

CryLikeAGirl - I just picked it up yesterday and it definitely will take some getting used to. I started a playoff (on All-Star) and won my first game 4-2. I didn't think it was crazy hard to score. I used the same methods as I did from NHL 12 (one timers, point shots with traffic, slap shots from circles, etc). I don't know what people are complaining about. I was used to the skating after one game and already started exploiting it to get odd man rushes/breakaways.

People seem to love/hate the skating system. Personally I love it because the gliding around skating from the previous NHL's were one of the few things holding the games back, IMO. I love that not every player has essentially the same turning radius/speed and accelerations.. there were slight variations last year but they are significant enough now to be a major difference in gameplay.

And I'm not sure what bugs are more significant this year than last year... I've seen people saying that this year is more buggy? I would say that sometimes the physics on the hits get wonky if their is a third entity in the way of the hit animation, but it doesn't significantly effect gameplay. Still have to be careful with the auction house in HUT.. cards you buy will randomly dissapear sometimes. 

Other than that, I think 13 is a huge step up from 12. Gameplay is way more fun.
9/20/12 2:09 PM
MyUnclesCreepy
816 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Regular games are fine like vs mode and hut games. Eashl on the other hand is complete garbage Phone Post
9/20/12 2:30 PM
theseanster

My major gripe is with BAP offline. Bugs, retarded AI, ice time, and inconsistent physics for checking. Online is oK Phone Post
9/20/12 2:35 PM
RML
150 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I still haven't recieved my Stanley Cup Edition bonuses.. how sad is that?  They charged me 20 dollars extra.. for a fucking tin case?  Jesus.
9/20/12 6:37 PM
MyUnclesCreepy

RML -  I still haven't recieved my Stanley Cup Edition bonuses.. how sad is that?  They charged me 20 dollars extra.. for a fucking tin case?  Jesus.
They said there is a patch being released for that I saw it on Facebook. Hold tight RML ps3 and ea are working on it Phone Post
9/20/12 7:24 PM
Hemlock
151 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

me too I want my Stanley HUT packs

Also, the SUPER AWESOME jumbo gold packs in HUT store come with 24 cards, 7 guaranteed rare. 24.99.

The regular gold packs are 12.50, come with 12 cards 4 guaranteed rare.
9/20/12 11:16 PM
BigEyedFish
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I like it. A lot. Been playing since the very first version of this game came out in 1991.
9/20/12 11:30 PM
RML
150 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MyUnclesCreepy - 
RML -  I still haven't recieved my Stanley Cup Edition bonuses.. how sad is that?  They charged me 20 dollars extra.. for a fucking tin case?  Jesus.
They said there is a patch being released for that I saw it on Facebook. Hold tight RML ps3 and ea are working on it Phone Post

The whole point of the bonuses was to get a head start.. my team will already be built by the time I get the packs and I won't really care anymore.  lol
9/21/12 12:50 AM
theseanster

Edited: 09/21/12 12:50 AM
MyUnclesCreepy -  Regular games are fine like vs mode and hut games. Eashl on the other hand is complete garbage Phone Post

Right and EASHL is like BAP offline. Pretty much sucks plus the bugs.
9/22/12 9:57 PM
MyUnclesCreepy

theseanster -
MyUnclesCreepy -  Regular games are fine like vs mode and hut games. Eashl on the other hand is complete garbage Phone Post

Right and EASHL is like BAP offline. Pretty much sucks plus the bugs.
Yes they royally fucked eashl I'm non too impressed with this shithole of a game Phone Post
9/22/12 10:41 PM
theseanster

The only fun I had in EASHL was making a 2WF and maxing out stick checking and turbo poke check everyone and not do anything else. Pretty hilarious. Game is fucked up.
9/23/12 9:20 AM
MyUnclesCreepy

theseanster -  The only fun I had in EASHL was making a 2WF and maxing out stick checking and turbo poke check everyone and not do anything else. Pretty hilarious. Game is fucked up.
Found out the only way to enjoy eashl this year is to have a good human goalie. Played with one last night first night I did not want to rip the last remaining hairs out of my head. Actually had fun playing this game finally Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.