UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> GSP wants Anderson at 178lb Catchweight

[ 1 ] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
8/9/12 5:50 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
MMALOGIC
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 08/09/12 5:51 PM

“Georges St-Pierre told me he wants (to fight Anderson Silva). But right now he has to get back on the horse and fight Carlos Condit and be champion again. He needs to keep focused.

“(If the Silva fight happens) ideally I’d like a catch weight. I think it’d be more fair. If you fight at a catch weight, Silva won’t be 20 pounds heavier. 177 or 178 pounds is much more fair.”

http://blogs.thescore.com/mma/2012/08/08/firas-zahabi-georges-st-pierre-told-me-he-wants-to-fight-anderson-silva/

Anderson and his camp have already said the fight should take place at a catchweight...  sounds like this epic matchup is going down if GSP beats Condit...  hot digidy hot damn!

8/9/12 5:53 PM
superChaelo

I am not impressed with Anderson's chances.

Time for GSP to confirm his place as number 1 fighter ever!

Where you at Carlos? Move over...
8/9/12 5:55 PM
OnlyTheStrongSurvive
565 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Unless Silva is really wanting to try and win a second belt this would be perfect. I would be surprised if this isn't Silva's last fight.
8/9/12 5:56 PM
Orcus Knows MMA Better Than Goku

y r we screwing around with condit? get him out of here and make this matchup
8/9/12 5:57 PM
UGCTT_Suess
63 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Gsp ducking anderson. Nothing new Phone Post
8/9/12 5:59 PM
Lazer MMA

Perfect. Now AS can fight Weidman right away and not lose a thing (just gain some $$$ which is so important) as that fight can not come off for some time!

No use losing the $$$. After all some $$ is better than 0! He's got to fight someone first or he loses $$.
8/9/12 5:59 PM
Entreri

GSP is the man, stepping up like that.

Anderson vs. JBJ at catch weight?????????
8/9/12 6:00 PM
BuyTheTicketTakeTheRide
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

GSP no.1 fighter in the world - looks like it could be time for him to prove it to everyone : )
8/9/12 6:00 PM
MMALOGIC

Orcus Knows MMA Better Than Goku - y r we screwing around with condit? get him out of here and make this matchup

GSP is coming off a long layoff and surgery... he needs a fight to shake off the ring rust. 

I wanna see Anderson vs GSP where both guys are fresh.
8/9/12 6:01 PM
MMALOGIC

Doctor mma -  GSP wants it catchweight so he doesnt lose his belt, Silva already said he will go to 170, kiss your belt goodbye Georges, GOAT is coming after you.

silva is not going to 170.    The fight will be at catchweight so this way win or lose both guys can go back to their divisions.
8/9/12 6:02 PM
BuyTheTicketTakeTheRide
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UGCTT_Suess -  Gsp ducking anderson. Nothing new Phone Post

“Georges St-Pierre told me he wants to fight Anderson Silva"
8/9/12 6:02 PM
MMALOGIC

Entreri - GSP is the man, stepping up like that.

Anderson vs. JBJ at catch weight?????????

JBJ cant make 195.
8/9/12 6:03 PM
Gullivers Travels
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

This is the best option and only way this fight should happen IMO. No reason for either guy to abandon their weight class.
8/9/12 6:03 PM
OnlyTheStrongSurvive
565 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MMALOGIC - 
Orcus Knows MMA Better Than Goku - y r we screwing around with condit? get him out of here and make this matchup

GSP is coming off a long layoff and surgery... he needs a fight to shake off the ring rust. 

I wanna see Anderson vs GSP where both guys are fresh.

I agree. Especially since we don't know if gsp will be his old self after the knee injury.
8/9/12 6:05 PM
OnlyTheStrongSurvive

MMALOGIC - 
Doctor mma -  GSP wants it catchweight so he doesnt lose his belt, Silva already said he will go to 170, kiss your belt goodbye Georges, GOAT is coming after you.

silva is not going to 170.    The fight will be at catchweight so this way win or lose both guys can go back to their divisions.

Is this your opinion or do you know this? Silva couldn't just decide he wants another belt and then retire?

Really an honest question.
8/9/12 6:05 PM
MMALOGIC

It would suck if Condit screws this up...
8/9/12 6:06 PM
MMALOGIC

Edited: 08/09/12 6:08 PM
OnlyTheStrongSurvive - 
MMALOGIC - 

Is this your opinion or do you know this? Silva couldn't just decide he wants another belt and then retire?

Really an honest question.

His camp came out and said Anderson isnt going down to 170 and the rumore are false.

http://sportv.globo.com/site/eventos/combate/noticia/2012/08/spider-nega-mudanca-de-categoria-e-garante-que-vai-seguir-no-peso-medio.html

8/9/12 6:09 PM
BuyTheTicketTakeTheRide

MMALOGIC - It would suck if Condit screws this up...

Condit is an amazing MMArtist, and it could definitely happen.

But IMO GSP is the best fighter ever and if his recovery has been 100% successful he should prove that against Condit and then Silva.

Damn I'm excited about this...
8/9/12 6:13 PM
Entreri

BuyTheTicketTakeTheRide - 

But IMO GSP is the best fighter ever and if his recovery has been 100% successful he should prove that against Condit and then Silva.

If GSP is at 100%, he will be an animal.

Very excited to see this fight against Condit.

Then Silva, hell yes.

If Jones can't make 195, then 200. Even if Anderson loses, he gets to keep the belt.

Jones vs. Anderson after GSP vs. Anderson.
8/9/12 6:15 PM
Entreri

"His camp came out and said Anderson isnt going down to 170 and the rumore are false."

GSP haters take it up the ass.

GSP is the man, stepping up to fight Anderson.

What about Anderson? Jones? Come on Silva!
8/9/12 6:17 PM
BuyTheTicketTakeTheRide

Entreri - 
BuyTheTicketTakeTheRide - 

If GSP is at 100%, he will be an animal.

Very excited to see this fight against Condit.

Then Silva, hell yes.

If Jones can't make 195, then 200. Even if Anderson loses, he gets to keep the belt.

Jones vs. Anderson after GSP vs. Anderson.

Ya, it all just seems to good to be true at the moment....

Both of those fights would be the biggest things to ever happen in MMA.

Trying not to get my hopes up though, because anything can happen in this sport.
8/9/12 6:20 PM
UGCTT_SidRival
553 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Lies. GSP wants nothing to do with Andy. Phone Post
8/9/12 6:20 PM
Kings21
48 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Came here to say just this. As a fan of GSP i'd much rather see Silva go to 170 and challenge the belt. I think it'd make for a more interesting fight with some meaning behind it rather than two champions fighting for bragging rights. Either way I'm gonna watch and hopefully enjoy the hell out of it.
8/9/12 6:22 PM
BuyTheTicketTakeTheRide

Kings21 - 

Came here to say just this. As a fan of GSP i'd much rather see Silva go to 170 and challenge the belt. I think it'd make for a more interesting fight with some meaning behind it rather than two champions fighting for bragging rights. Either way I'm gonna watch and hopefully enjoy the hell out of it.

"His camp came out and said Anderson isnt going down to 170 and the rumore are false."

http://sportv.globo.com/site/eventos/combate/noticia/2012/08/spider-nega-mudanca-de-categoria-e-garante-que-vai-seguir-no-peso-medio.html
8/9/12 6:22 PM
Mike Russell
147 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Didn't Firas say that, not Georges? Phone Post
[ 1 ] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.