UnderGround Forums

MMA Memorabilia UnderGround >> Poster bags and Backboards questions

8/11/12 1:09 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
RitchieGreaser
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I am almost done getting my flat file all painted and put back together, and i just ordered some bags (27-5/8 x 43 2 mil POLYETHYLENE) and backings (.028 thick Acid Free Board.
Long Term Storage.) from bags unlimited to put my posters in but i have a question.

do you guys leave the bag flap open, tucked behind or taped shut? is there any advantage to any of them. I was thinking of leaving them open so they could get air and not trap any moisture in the bag, but wanted to get opinions.

also any other hints or tips for storage would be appreciated.
8/11/12 7:56 AM
grkblood
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Joe Show Radio, Owner
 The flap really doesn't matter as far as I know.None of my flaps are taped down, they are all laying flat.
8/11/12 7:59 AM
grkblood

Joe Show Radio, Owner
BTW, is that the size everyone here uses for UFC posters? I use that same size but I'm not that happy with it because it's way too big compared to their B2 bags and boards which is a perfect fit. If anyone knows of a better size please link me up. I'm pretty sure the size listed by Ritchie though is the best that BagsUnlimited has.
8/11/12 10:35 AM
RitchieGreaser
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 08/11/12 10:36 AM
Thanks for the info. I am getting them for my big ufc sized posters at the moment. I do not have any prides yet as i am focused more on the ufc right now.

bags unlimited does have Japanese "B2" Poster SLEEVES
20-1/2 x 31 3 mil POLYETHYLENE. model # sja3

and BACKINGS for Japanese "B2" Posters. 20-1/4 x 29.
.028" thick Acid-Free Board.
Long-term storage. model # kaf28ja

for B2 posters.
8/11/12 11:07 AM
grkblood

Joe Show Radio, Owner
I know they have them, I just said they fit like a glove. :)

Anyways, there B1 sleeves are not ideal imo. I haven't framed any yet but I don't see how they would work in a frame without matting. I mean, they do the trick for me I suppose as I I flat file them but I would like to find some slightly smaller B1 boards and bags in case I choose to do some framing.

If you end up ever getting any B2s though BagsUnlimited is the way to go, I just wish they weren't so damn expensive.
8/11/12 11:32 AM
RitchieGreaser

spotlight displays could make a custom frame for b1's and you wouldn't need matting. they come acid free and uv protected.I have a code for 10% off as well.
8/11/12 2:35 PM
Break Left
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I got my B2 mylar sleeves and backings from Bags unlimited and they are awesome. I have like 20 or so that I don't need anymore and would be happy to sell, but I think shipping will be pretty expensive because they are heavy and big, but would be willing to definitely go cheaper than bags unlimited.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.