UnderGround Forums

UG Errors and Suggestions >> New Quote Function

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

8/11/12 9:22 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
MM-eh
947 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 08/11/12 9:34 AM

Hi guys,

I would like to suggest reverting the quote function back to the old way.  Before I say why, let me say that I appreciate that you are making changes for what you obviously think is the betterment of the Forum, but in my opinion this one was better before.

I don't like the new way of quoting for the following reasons:

1- When we quote a previous post now, we are unable to reduce/remove multiple blank lines in order to make the post shorter.   You know how someone can make a post making a silly statement, then have 40 blank lines and then a "ODI" (or did I) at the bottom?  If we want to quote their statement now, it will include the 40 blank lines.  The old way we could have removed them.

2- When we quote photos now, ALL of the photos in the quoted post are repeated in their original size.  Before if for example someone had posted 10 photos in a post and I wanted to comment on only one of them, I could have quoted the thread and deleted the non-pertinent photos, thus greatly reducing the size of my post.  I would usually also reduce the size of huge photos so that they were more easily seen.  Can't do that anymore.

3- Final reason is that now we cannot quote, then edit someone else's post for hilarity's sake.

I think that others feel the way I do about this...can anyone else offer their opinion?

Thanks,

Andy

8/12/12 10:45 PM
Boondock
165 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

We want the old Facebook back too!!
8/14/12 5:55 AM
Enamoratu
326 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Yep. New system is no good.

We were getting in trouble recently for re-quoting quotes of quotes etc. Now there is no way to avoid it unless we edit our post (which is a pain the ass to do regularly).

8/26/12 5:17 PM
MM-eh
947 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Any response from anyone at MMA.com?
8/27/12 9:00 PM
grkblood
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 08/27/12 9:01 PM
Joe Show Radio, Owner
MM-eh -  TESTING Any response from anyone at MMA.com? TESTING
 test 
9/5/12 6:43 PM
JimmersonzGlove
703 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Signed
10/21/12 10:21 AM
DamnSevern
1216 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MM-eh -  Any response from anyone at MMA.com?

test

10/25/12 11:40 AM
DamnSevern
1216 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

10/30/12 1:46 PM
AndersonGOAT > Bisping
256 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MM-eh -  Any response from anyone at MMA.com?  Test
Test

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.